Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Thanks for the great threads, here from San Diego

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-10, 05:15 PM
jbeck

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi there, Found your site while trying to figure out if saving money and buying a bike online was safe and that I wasn't going to get completely ripped off. Lots of opinions out there, helped in my decision. Just finished running the Boston Marathon last month and was looking to take a break from running, save some money on gas and start commuting 32 miles round trip to work and back. Not a rich man but needed a ride. Did my 1st road commute today, sun was out, what a wonderful way to start the morning. According to icommutesd.com I'll have this bike paid off in 48.5 commutes that includes gas and maintenance $14.42 automobile & operation cost saved today plus 21.33 lbs of Carbon Dioxide, 586.52 gms Carbon Monoxide and a bunch of other ides. When looking at just gas about a 140 rides will pay it off plus we will all be able to breath a bit easier. Sh*t I was so excited when I got to work this morning I signed up for my 1st triathlon. I feel rejuvenated and ready to continue training. Maybe I should have got a nicer bike , nah I already put too much money into my full suspension mountain bike during the summers.
Old 05-12-10, 08:20 PM
CbadRider

Bikes: Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome to Bike Forums!

Stop by the Southern California regional forum and say hello.

You started commuting just in time - next week is Bike to Work week in San Diego.

Forum Guidelines *click here*
Old 05-13-10, 11:49 AM
Nachoman
well hello there

Bikes: Bill Holland (Road-Ti), Fuji Roubaix Pro (back-up), Bike Friday (folder), Co-Motion (tandem) & Trek 750 (hybrid)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 206 Posts
Originally Posted by CbadRider
Welcome to Bike Forums!

Stop by the Southern California regional forum and say hello.

You started commuting just in time - next week is Bike to Work week in San Diego.
Or, as we like to call it, amateur week.

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.