Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Forum Suggestions & User Assistance
Reload this Page >

Would like to see an "Ignore Thread" setting

Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-22, 07:25 PM
BCDrums
Recreational Road Cyclist

Bikes: 1990 Peter Mooney road bike

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked 252 Times in 134 Posts

Bike Forums has an an Ignore List which hides posts by Members I select for whatever reason. I use this list sparingly, and have only three names on it. I don't wish to Ignore Members who have something to contribute, even if I disagree with their position or tone. I find this Ignore feature makes my experience on BF more enjoyable. It increases the signal-to-noise ratio.

Similarly, I would like to be able to Ignore Threads which I find to be uninformative and/or provocative without value. These tend to be threads that go on for more than a hundred posts before devolving into the same few people arguing some point endlessly.

Now, one might say, "BC, if you don't want to know about drinking vodka in a dumpster, just don't read the thread!", and that is reasonable. But since BF recognizes the value of an Ignore List for individuals, it might also recognize the value for its Members to be able to ignore entire threads. While it is not a deal-breaker, this feature would certainly improve my BF experience.

All best!

Last edited by BCDrums; 09-06-22 at 06:17 AM.
Old 09-07-22, 03:20 PM
IBJoel
Administrator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked 224 Times in 146 Posts
I will ask tech, but I can't promise it's something that can be done
Old 09-08-22, 11:18 AM
BCDrums
Recreational Road Cyclist

Bikes: 1990 Peter Mooney road bike

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked 252 Times in 134 Posts
Originally Posted by IBJoel
I will ask tech, but I can't promise it's something that can be done
Joel, thanks for the reply. It would be good to have a button to Ignore Thread, and then have the Ignored Thread either not appear at all, or appear as Blocked Thread or Ignored Thread without the subject line showing. Good luck.