Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

Brooks Pro / Soma Hwy 1 / Salsa stem

Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Brooks Pro / Soma Hwy 1 / Salsa stem

Old 05-23-20, 01:29 AM
brockd15 

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts
***SOLD*** Brooks Pro / Soma Hwy 1 / Salsa stem

***** SOLD *****
- Vintage Brooks Pro. In pretty good shape with a bit of patina - $55
As seen on my Davidson

***** SOLD *****

- Soma Hwy 1 bars, black, 42cm, 26.0. I decided to go with silver instead so these have never been used. - $30
- Salsa quill stem with removable faceplate, 26.0, 110mm I think but will need to confirm - $50

Last edited by brockd15; 06-05-20 at 12:02 AM.
Old 05-23-20, 07:12 AM
plonz 

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Liked 453 Times in 294 Posts
What’s the angle on the Stem?

BTW, love the setup on your Davidson. Looks like it could be ridden comfortably all day through the hills of New England. I’m outfitting an Impulse with a 9spd triple in hopes it will do the same.
Old 05-23-20, 11:30 AM
brockd15 

Originally Posted by plonz
What’s the angle on the Stem?

BTW, love the setup on your Davidson. Looks like it could be ridden comfortably all day through the hills of New England. I’m outfitting an Impulse with a 9spd triple in hopes it will do the same.
I'll double check but I'm pretty sure it's -17. I'll get some pics also.

Thanks about the Davidson! I rode that in Eroica a couple years and and clearly cheated a little (or a lot) with the gearing.
Old 05-23-20, 12:26 PM
brockd15 

Pics added of the bar and stem
Old 05-23-20, 08:33 PM
plonz 

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Liked 453 Times in 294 Posts
Always on the lookout for 26.0 90 degree stems do thought I’d check. GLWS!
Old 05-23-20, 10:17 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,798 Times in 1,798 Posts
Originally Posted by brockd15
- Soma Hwy 1 bars, black, 42cm, 26.0. I decided to go with silver instead so these have never been used. - $30

- Salsa quill stem with removable faceplate, 26.0, 110mm I think but will need to confirm - $50

Definitely dibs on the Soma handlebar. I was gonna order one for my '93 Trek 5900 rebuild. Black will be fine. It's already been wearing a black FSO Omega Compact, nearly identical to the Soma Highway One configuration. But that bar is going on another carbon fiber bike project. I want to restore the Trek 5900 to the original Ibis titanium 1" threadless stem, which has the sleek lines of a good quill stem.

I need to check my stem situation and see if I need that as well. Kinda do want a quill stem with detachable faceplate. I'm always procrastinating on adjusting the fit on my Ironman because I'm too lazy to strip the bar to remove it.
Old 06-04-20, 01:10 PM
brockd15 

Bump for the Brooks.
Old 06-04-20, 02:18 PM
mech986 

Bikes: Italvega Super Speciales and Superlights

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 174 Posts
Originally Posted by brockd15
I'll double check but I'm pretty sure it's -17. I'll get some pics also.

Thanks about the Davidson! I rode that in Eroica a couple years and and clearly cheated a little (or a lot) with the gearing.
Heck no, you didn't cheat, you did well to adapt your bike to your current abilities and the Eroica route challenges. None of us are younger and most of us can use a little gearing help. Not a substitute for good training but an adjunct to making the suffering a bit less. Hope to see you at the next Eroica whenever its safe and ready.

Saw your Brooks pro was sold, how many miles or years on it and how did it feel for you? Did you do anything to condition it? And why are you changing (I know, dumb question for Classic And Vintage!).
Old 06-04-20, 03:44 PM
brockd15 

Originally Posted by mech986
Heck no, you didn't cheat, you did well to adapt your bike to your current abilities and the Eroica route challenges. None of us are younger and most of us can use a little gearing help. Not a substitute for good training but an adjunct to making the suffering a bit less. Hope to see you at the next Eroica whenever its safe and ready.

Saw your Brooks pro was sold, how many miles or years on it and how did it feel for you? Did you do anything to condition it? And why are you changing (I know, dumb question for Classic And Vintage!).
Hopefully I can make it to another Eroica. It's been within driving distance before but we're getting ready to move out of California so the logistics will be a little more difficult.

The Brooks Pro is actually still looking for a good home! As is (probably) the Davidson itself. I typically ride SMP saddles, which don't really fit the vintage motif, so the Brooks was a short term solution for me. The next year I also rode a Brooks, but a Swift instead. I bought both of them used and didn't do anything except ride them, and both worked well enough for a single ~200k ride, but for longer than that the SMP is better for me.