Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Bafang mid-mount build

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Bafang mid-mount build

Old 09-06-21, 04:51 PM
Oldguyonoldbike

Bikes: Casati Laser, Colnago Tecnos, Ciöcc Exige, Black Mountain Cycles Road

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 78 Posts
Bafang mid-mount build

I just finished a conversion of my daughter's Liv Alight. I used a Bafang 500w mid-mount motor, 48v battery, Bafang C965 controller, shift sensor, brake sensor, and headlight.
I was quite apprehensive since no installation instructions or compatibility information was provided, but I am happy to say that it all went very smoothly. The only hiccups were that the coupling on the battery cable did not match the one on the cable from the motor (found an adapter on Amazon), and the on/off-shift switch that came with the motor is not the correct one for the controller I ordered. It still works, but I am unable to change from kilometers to miles. I should have gotten the switch with five buttons instead of the one with three. Not a big deal.
Anyhow, initial impressions are all positive. The plan is that this will be the teenager's primary transportation and so far she is enthusiastic!
The Liv seems to be a perfect platform for this sort of thing.
Any suggestions for tidying up the tangle of wires are welcome (the slack is currently folded and zip tied to the bottom of the stem.)
Likes For Oldguyonoldbike:
Old 09-06-21, 05:24 PM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 872 Post(s)
Liked 795 Times in 603 Posts
A frame bag hides a ton of sins.

Also, useful for tools or whatever.
Likes For 2old: