Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Affordable + Comfortable Bike Seat?

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Old 09-23-21, 12:12 PM
777funk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts

I am usually ok with whatever crummy seat a bike comes with, but is there a better and more comfortable seat out there at say $30 to $50?
Old 09-23-21, 12:59 PM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Maybe. Saddle comfort is incredibly specific from person to person, so you might find one that works for you at that price, but maybe not. It's impossible to say
Likes For caloso:
Old 09-23-21, 01:08 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 6063 Post(s)
Liked 4,694 Times in 3,238 Posts
Back before BikeNashbar was sold I use to watch them and others for returned items they sold at a big discount. I got a couple saddles and other stuff for half normal price or thereabout.

I haven't been watching for deals lately or even checked to see if they have a page for such stuff anymore.

I agree that saddles are a personal preference. Expensive doesn't mean anything for how well my butt fits them. It's been fond of some pretty inexpensive saddles. A Bell from Walmart being one. However I don't have it anymore. That left with a bike I got rid of. But it was a comfortable saddle. Don't know which model. But it was before they got all padded up and puffy.
Old 09-23-21, 01:17 PM
TX_master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Caloso really had the right answer. But for myself, I'm fond of the Ritchey Streem Pro. Comfortable for me and you can get them on ebay for around $50.
Likes For TX_master:
Old 09-23-21, 01:35 PM
Rolla

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1346 Post(s)
Liked 3,269 Times in 1,439 Posts
No two butts are the same, and every saddle will feel different, regardless of price. But you get what you pay for, and IMO sub-$50 saddles are disposable. Better to buy once, cry once. You can always take a good saddle from your current bike to the next one.