Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Masi Photos Denied!!

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Masi Photos Denied!!

Old 08-21-20, 01:40 PM
John R Smith

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Masi Photos Denied!!

Dear Friends

Your Forum refuses to let me post photos of my beautiful Masi. I have spent many hours photographing it in the soft Cornish afternoon light, more long hours writing a piece of deathless prose describing it, and when I try to post - all I get is an error message saying I am not allowed to post attachments because I have not yet made ten posts. Cicloamatori from Denver to Dubai are waiting, crouched by their screens in anticipation for this gem of Italian craftsmanship, but it is denied to them - and you - by this harsh policy of the Forums's moderators, who clearly have hearts of stone.

What do you suggest I do? Make ten posts of an single exclamation mark? Or abandon this venture, and depart into the long night unfulfilled?

Very best regards

John
Old 08-21-20, 01:45 PM
thinktubes 
weapons-grade bolognium

Bikes: Battaglin Cromor, Ciocc Designer 84, Schwinn Superior 1981

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 984 Post(s)
Liked 2,353 Times in 882 Posts
Yep - post away. And welcome!
Likes For thinktubes:
Old 08-21-20, 01:46 PM
clubman 
Phyllo-buster

Bikes: roadsters, club bikes, fixed and classic

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Quoted: 2287 Post(s)
Liked 2,028 Times in 1,244 Posts
Have a bit of patience, we all had to do it. Better to talk about your bike, describe in in detail. Arbitrary posts are frowned upon, that may be in the rules somewhere.
Oh and you only get 5 posts per day. Comment on someone else s bikes, lavish them with praise and bank some karma.
Likes For clubman:
Old 08-21-20, 01:55 PM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 2302 Post(s)
Liked 2,736 Times in 1,497 Posts
Well after this build up....... the bike had better be drop dead gorgeous, with photos that Ansel Adam, Edward Weston, Annie Leibovitz, et al would be blown away by (pretty clear the decriptive prose will be ....florid)

there is a practical reason for your damnation until 10 post....... the hideous scum of the earth known as scammers

Likes For squirtdad:
Old 08-21-20, 02:02 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3059 Post(s)
Liked 6,376 Times in 3,689 Posts
Originally Posted by John R Smith
Dear Friends

Your Forum refuses to let me post photos of my beautiful Masi. I have spent many hours photographing it in the soft Cornish afternoon light, more long hours writing a piece of deathless prose describing it, and when I try to post - all I get is an error message saying I am not allowed to post attachments because I have not yet made ten posts. Cicloamatori from Denver to Dubai are waiting, crouched by their screens in anticipation for this gem of Italian craftsmanship, but it is denied to them - and you - by this harsh policy of the Forums's moderators, who clearly have hearts of stone.

What do you suggest I do? Make ten posts of an single exclamation mark? Or abandon this venture, and depart into the long night unfulfilled?

Very best regards

John
John, We've all been there. You need 10 good posts before you can post pictures or links. This is an anti Spam system that has served us well. Simply publish 5 good posts per day for two days. Please don't make junk posts as those will be deleted. Many here just say hello to other new forum members in our Introductions Forum.
Likes For cb400bill:
Old 08-21-20, 02:07 PM
John R Smith

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Oh well, I always knew Americans didn't have a sense of humour . . . .
Old 08-21-20, 02:11 PM
Fahrenheit531 
52psi

Bikes: Schwinn Volare ('78); Raleigh Competition GS ('79)

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 790 Post(s)
Liked 800 Times in 390 Posts
That's three!
A race bike in any era is a highly personal choice that at its "best" balances the requirements of fit, weight, handling, durability and cost tempered by the willingness to toss it and oneself down the pavement at considerable speed. ~Bandera
Likes For Fahrenheit531:
Old 08-21-20, 02:14 PM
BucksFanPedalin

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Maybe there should be a "build up your cred" forum in which one can practice one's deathless prose until one is allowed to illuminate it with the soft Cornish light.

(I'm starting over from zero having been away from bikes and my account here for a couple of years due to various circumstances and now morphing from an SS/FG into more of a C&V rider.)
Likes For BucksFanPedalin:
Old 08-21-20, 02:20 PM
daverup 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked 820 Times in 396 Posts
OP Album,
https://www.bikeforums.net/g/album/18903463
Old 08-21-20, 03:06 PM
thinktubes 
weapons-grade bolognium

Bikes: Battaglin Cromor, Ciocc Designer 84, Schwinn Superior 1981

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 984 Post(s)
Liked 2,353 Times in 882 Posts
Sweet!!!

Likes For thinktubes:
Old 08-21-20, 04:09 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 4493 Post(s)
Liked 6,295 Times in 3,631 Posts
Dear Friends

Very best regards

John
Dear John, welcome aboard, glad you found us. Your pics are now available for all to see.

The 10 post rule is anti-spam/scam and serves us very well so that we can school, drool and carry on ad nauseam till the Cornish light fades from view.
Old 08-21-20, 04:11 PM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 2302 Post(s)
Liked 2,736 Times in 1,497 Posts
Originally Posted by BucksFanPedalin
Maybe there should be a "build up your cred" forum in which one can practice one's deathless prose until one is allowed to illuminate it with the soft Cornish light.

(I'm starting over from zero having been away from bikes and my account here for a couple of years due to various circumstances and now morphing from an SS/FG into more of a C&V rider.)
that a great idea a C&V bulwer-lytton thread (he is the author famous for "it was a dark and stormy night" which has inspired this https://www.bulwer-lytton.com/

It was a dark and stormy ride, through desolation of suburbia, on his trusty, but not rusty, classic velocipede, showing the vintage ethos, as he pedaled to the hiss of chain an chirping of crickets, he was content writing via his quill stem and the path of the tires, the smoothness of tubular, giving a floating wraith like feel to the experience.

Last edited by squirtdad; 08-21-20 at 04:17 PM.
Likes For squirtdad:
Old 08-21-20, 04:13 PM
Clyde1820

Bikes: 1996 Trek 970 ZX Single Track 2x11

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 610 Post(s)
Liked 558 Times in 423 Posts
Your Forum refuses to let me post photos ... What do you suggest I do? Make ten posts of an single exclamation mark? Or abandon this venture ...
Participate in several other discussions until you reach the minimum-post mark for adding images. Just one of those things to aid in limiting spammers and scammers, which many forums do. No need to abandon anything.

Looking forward to whatever pics you put up, once you've done so.
Old 08-21-20, 07:01 PM
bikingshearer 
Crawlin' up, flyin' down

Bikes: 1967 Paramount; 1982-ish Ron Cooper; 1978 Eisentraut "A"; two mid-1960s Cinelli Speciale Corsas; and others in various stages of non-rideability.

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 1005 Post(s)
Liked 2,461 Times in 1,030 Posts
Sure we do. If you don't believe me, google "Ford Edsel."
Old 08-21-20, 07:44 PM
ascherer 

Bikes: 1987 Mercian Pro, 1985 Shogun 500, early '70s Falcon San Remo, 1972 Peugeot PX-10, 1972 Schwinn Paramount P13-9, 1971 Raleigh International, 1971 Peugeot PX-10, 1970 Raleigh Professional Mk1

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Quoted: 931 Post(s)
Liked 2,836 Times in 963 Posts
Originally Posted by squirtdad
that a great idea a C&V bulwer-lytton thread (he is the author famous for "it was a dark and stormy night" which has inspired this https://www.bulwer-lytton.com/

It was a dark and stormy ride, through desolation of suburbia, on his trusty, but not rusty, classic velocipede, showing the vintage ethos, as he pedaled to the hiss of chain an chirping of crickets, he was content writing via his quill stem and the path of the tires, the smoothness of tubular, giving a floating wraith like feel to the experience.
Suddenly, a shot rang out.

Old 08-21-20, 09:06 PM
repechage

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Quoted: 3449 Post(s)
Liked 2,800 Times in 1,974 Posts
Nice- Alberto era. Seatlug extension and saw cut crown point that way.
resolution of the images falls apart when I try and review the seat tube bands off drive side have something but not the typical rectangle.
no signature
my guess restored paint.
Might have the short duration heralds too.

I have a fondness for Masi.
own A baker’s dozen.
Old 08-22-20, 12:50 AM
RiddleOfSteel
Master Parts Rearranger

Bikes: 1982 Trek 720 - 1985 Trek 620 - 1984 Trek 620 - 1980 Trek 510 - Other luminaries past and present

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Quoted: 1553 Post(s)
Liked 2,005 Times in 984 Posts
Breathless praise may be much more fitting to describe a dear Masi than deathless prose, which would do it great disservice. Deathless prose and British Leyland, however, would be a riot.
Old 08-22-20, 12:52 AM
diphthong

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1619 Post(s)
Liked 3,087 Times in 1,670 Posts
Originally Posted by squirtdad
Well after this build up....... the bike had better be drop dead gorgeous, with photos that Ansel Adam, Edward Weston, Annie Leibovitz, et al would be blown away by (pretty clear the decriptive prose will be ....florid)

there is a practical reason for your damnation until 10 post....... the hideous scum of the earth known as scammers
underrated...
Old 08-22-20, 02:32 AM
John R Smith

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Many thanks for all your good-humoured replies. Actually, to be serious for a moment, my completely wasted evening yesterday and my resulting angst could have been avoided by two simple things -
  1. There could have been a mention in the charming welcome email which the Forum sent to me that there would be a restriction on the posting of photos.
  2. Making sure that the information panel at the bottom of my screen did NOT say -
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts

Which it is still doing now. And I did check it very carefully before spending some considerable time writing my introductory text and uploading seven photos and writing interesting captions for each one, all of which promptly disappeared when I hit the post button. I did feel a little bit tetchy, I must admit, hence my post.

Yours, John

Last edited by John R Smith; 08-22-20 at 02:38 AM.
Likes For John R Smith:
Old 08-22-20, 02:55 AM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 4493 Post(s)
Liked 6,295 Times in 3,631 Posts
Many thanks for all your good-humoured replies. Actually, to be serious for a moment, my completely wasted evening yesterday and my resulting angst could have been avoided by two simple things -
  1. There could have been a mention in the charming welcome email which the Forum sent to me that there would be a restriction on the posting of photos.
  2. Making sure that the information panel at the bottom of my screen did NOT say -
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts

Which it is still doing now. And I did check it very carefully before spending some considerable time writing my introductory text and uploading seven photos and writing interesting captions for each one, all of which promptly disappeared when I hit the post button. I did feel a little bit tetchy, I must admit, hence my post.

Yours, John
No worries, we get that a lot here.

I'm no huge Masi fan or expert by any stretch but they are beautiful and yours is no exception, very nice.

Keep plugging away so you can immerse yourself and enjoy the full obsession that is BF C+V.
Old 08-22-20, 04:17 AM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 863 Post(s)
Liked 2,225 Times in 1,248 Posts
Yea, Nice Bike , I love the color, and , although I too have had my share of frustrations with the way this forum works, I have had great information. There are folks here that are extremely well versed in all things bicycle.
Likes For Kabuki12:
Old 08-22-20, 08:30 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,662 Times in 2,496 Posts
Welcome to the forum, nice looking bike

The 10 post/2 day limitation on posting pictures is something the UN should look into.

I admire people that are so reserved in offering their opinions that this is a burden. I, along with many others here, could probably learn something from their example.

We have an introductions forum where you can say something like, "Hi, welcome to the forum. But I'm only here greeting you so I can post pictures" Also, you could go find one of the many threads in the user assistance forum where someone was complaining about this and agree with them that it's an injustice.
Old 08-22-20, 08:42 AM
The Golden Boy 
Extraordinary Magnitude

Bikes: 1978 Trek TX700; 1978/79 Trek 736; 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport; 1984 Schwinn Voyageur SP; 1985 Trek 620; 1985 Trek 720; 1986 Trek 400 Elance; 1987 Schwinn High Sierra; 1990 Miyata 1000LT

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Quoted: 2597 Post(s)
Liked 1,677 Times in 926 Posts
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts

Yours, John
I guess you could post 6 more posts complaining about the photo posting rule and couch them all in some sort of "humor" about "yanks" or something.

Commence to jigglin’ huh?!?!

"But hey, always love to hear from opinionated amateurs." -says some guy to Mr. Marshall.
Old 08-22-20, 10:18 AM
John R Smith

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Er - how do I leave the Forum and delete my profile?

John
Old 08-22-20, 11:04 AM
Essthreetee

Bikes: 2001 LeMond Nevada City, ‘92 Merlin Titanium, '84 Torpado Super Strada, ‘84 Schwinn Tempo, '81 Bianchi Limites, '73 Raleigh Supercourse

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 41 Posts
This is the strangest post I think I have read in a while.

You are new to the forum, you come here to show us your great photos (which are always appreciated)...but then complain about the rules that help to keep the forum from spammers and scammers.

Then hit Americans for not having a sense of humor.

All while people of the forum have tried to give you suggestions, and actually posted your photos FOR YOU...

and now you want to leave?

Bye. Good day. Have a great ride.
Likes For Essthreetee:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.