Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Purchasing An Ariel Rider . Any recommendations ?

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-16, 10:13 AM
davefield

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I come with an ad about Ariel Rider .

Prices are around 1699 $ for the new one.

I just can't decide if i can buy it as don't see much reviews other than electric bike review,electric bike report and some other german websites.

I love cruiser style bikes which look similar to motorbikes. Vintage electric is a good one but cost too much for me . So this seems like a good option at the moment.

Any advise ??
Old 11-22-16, 11:25 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 812 Times in 613 Posts
Looks like you're interested in the 250w version. They're a nice styling exercise, but the one that I rode at Interbike (500w) was ponderous; 250w could be somewhat anemic. Not too easy to pedal unless an individual is fairly short IMO.
Old 11-22-16, 10:22 PM
j.howard

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I own one and i can say it is a very easy to ride and very powerful. Many places i go, people turn heads and look at me. I use it for my company promotion too where i order two customized covers . So on certain events i change those covers and use my bike for promotional purposes.

Also you have chance to go at high speeds. I have reached 32 mph with it (need to bypass speed limit which is very easy. if you contact me i will show you how).

For $1699 it seems like a good deal.
Old 11-23-16, 01:10 PM
2old

For $1699, you get a 250w motor. IMO, the Juiced Bikes $1499 commuter (probably even the new $995 model) is superior (except as a design study if that's your bag).
Old 11-23-16, 05:53 PM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 842 Times in 587 Posts
Originally Posted by 2old
For $1699, you get a 250w motor. IMO, the Juiced Bikes $1499 commuter (probably even the new $995 model) is superior (except as a design study if that's your bag).
I agree,...if the looks of the bike are what you want - go for it!!! Otherwise, the Juiced Bikes are a much better deal.
Old 11-23-16, 07:45 PM
davefield

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks I will try a juiced bike . To be honest i feel it is not a very appealing bike but if it gives same performance for 200$ less it worths to try.

I see some bike stores carry around me. I will check if they have a test unit in their hand.
Old 11-23-16, 11:00 PM
2old

It's not just $200; their web site shows a new 28 mph model for $995. I don't have one, but have ridden several and they seem to be very responsive. They're out of San Diego, CA if you reside anywhere nearby.
Old 11-24-16, 09:27 AM
davefield

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2old
It's not just $200; their web site shows a new 28 mph model for $995. I don't have one, but have ridden several and they seem to be very responsive. They're out of San Diego, CA if you reside anywhere nearby.
I never tried. Today I have chance to try as a friend of friend has one. So he let me to borrow it for a half day. It will be better than a test ride.

If the bike is good I will save 200 maybe more thanks to you .
Old 11-25-16, 09:55 AM
speedy25

Bikes: Specialized, Trek, Diamondback, Schwinn, Peugeot

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 43 Posts
I rode Ariels at the DC expo. The first ride was bad. I forget what was wrong with the bike, but I had to bring it right back and have the guy fix it. Second ride it worked OK, but I was unimpressed. The styling is interesting, but as a good running e-bike I expected better.

-SP
Old 11-27-16, 06:48 PM
davefield

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had a chance to try Juiced bike. I totally unimpressed with the bike. The build looks cheap.

My experience when i compared both Ariel Rider seems much faster, a responsive bike with a much better design.

The juiced seem 200$ cheaper but i recognize they use a 26 battery cells which there are many comments online. Don't have torque sensor.

For me torque sensor is a deal breaker as i rarely want to use the throttle. And motor was a weak motor. Can't handle any hills.

I tried Ariel Rider earlier and for me it is a much better bike with a stronger motor. It can reach higher speeds easily when i tried it.

So i guess i will buy that one. I will give some comments when i have chance to ride for longer time after i buy one.
Old 11-29-16, 12:17 AM
j.howard

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
happy to see you decided to buy Ariel Rider .
Old 11-30-16, 11:05 PM
danielfl

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Did you buy the electric bike ? I try to find a retailer nearby me to test ride one . But can't find any.

I will appreciate to hear your review about the bike.

Originally Posted by davefield
I had a chance to try Juiced bike. I totally unimpressed with the bike. The build looks cheap.

My experience when i compared both Ariel Rider seems much faster, a responsive bike with a much better design.

The juiced seem 200$ cheaper but i recognize they use a 26 battery cells which there are many comments online. Don't have torque sensor.

For me torque sensor is a deal breaker as i rarely want to use the throttle. And motor was a weak motor. Can't handle any hills.

I tried Ariel Rider earlier and for me it is a much better bike with a stronger motor. It can reach higher speeds easily when i tried it.

So i guess i will buy that one. I will give some comments when i have chance to ride for longer time after i buy one.
Old 12-11-19, 07:21 AM
johnekaes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I like this bike. from the nexus gear hub to the torque sensor not often seen on a under 2k bike. The depu motor almost does wheelies so if you are in a hilly area this bike is ideal.

Last edited by johnekaes; 12-24-19 at 07:01 AM. Reason: thought I was too severe
Old 12-11-19, 08:30 PM
PreacherG

Bikes: GenZe 102 e bike, 70'S Moosburg 3 sp touring bike

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I just bought a GenZe e bike, genze.com They offer "nearly new" bikes from $599 up. Basically they are test ridden, rental or leased with minor scratches or dings. Pics of damage shown on each listing, along with mileage. I have not had it long enough for a great review, but so far impressed. All 350W bikes have disc brakes with motor cut off, 5 PAS settings with torque sensing, twist throttle, 7 speed derailleur and decent LED display. It is worth a look for the price.
Old 02-09-22, 01:23 PM
johnekaes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am about to sue ariel rider for design flaws. Dapu motors have no U.S. presence and do not answer phones or email.
Old 02-09-22, 06:36 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4332 Post(s)
Liked 3,956 Times in 2,644 Posts
Originally Posted by johnekaes
I am about to sue ariel rider for design flaws. Dapu motors have no U.S. presence and do not answer phones or email.
Yeah that is not something to sue over. Buying a low cost bike and having issues with a part on it that the company doesn't make themselves is not really a reason to sue. I get it we are Americans and "if you don't sue, shame on you" -Bob's Burgers but caveat emptor. Plus this isn't a new bike you have had it for 2 years so it is well out of warranty (most of the lower cost stuff is between zero and usually a single year right at the date, sometimes the nicer folks give you another year like the quality stuff but not often). I could see if this was a new bike properly assembled at a shop and you got hurt because say the frame cracked or the motor exploded or something I could see it but after 2 years not so much.

This is the reason you go for Bosch, Brose, Shimano, Yamaha, Specialized (who use Brose and a mid-drive Mahle), Fazua...as they have a U.S. presence and are not just budget stuff. Yeah you pay a bit more initially but you get really good support and reliability long term and generally it comes on a quality bike with a company that is willing to help if you have issues. I could probably get service on my Bosch bike just about anywhere in the more developed world and could get some level of support really anywhere so long as I could get in touch with a shop or in touch with Bosch.
Old 02-09-22, 06:39 PM
2old

Suing them could be interesting since they're in China. However, Pedego used Dapu motors for awhile (don't know about now though). I've never owned one, but have ridden many and was always impressed with them. Perhaps you could get answers or service from a Pedego dealer.
Old 02-11-22, 11:22 AM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Originally Posted by johnekaes
Without context your post isn't helpful. Why are you about to sue Ariel Rider?
Old 02-12-22, 11:05 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Originally Posted by tds101
Without context your post isn't helpful. Why are you about to sue Ariel Rider?
Probably due to a the low cost bike being used for 2 years and probably not with proper care and maintenance and like many bikes like that have issues and the manufacturer doesn't want to help because it is out of warranty and not a manufacturer defect. That is the case I see a lot with the online bikes people can get pretty testy with them thinking they are owed something because they didn't remember the phrase caveat emptor.

It could be something different but having done warranty for a while and having seen a lot of bikes come through our door from a lot of different manufacturers, I am probably pretty close.
Old 02-12-22, 11:19 AM
cat0020
Ride more, eat less

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 713 Post(s)
Liked 733 Times in 450 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
It could be something different but having done warranty for a while and having seen a lot of bikes come through our door from a lot of different manufacturers, I am probably pretty close.
What's 'a while'?
How many do you mean by 'seen a lot of bikes'?
Where specifically is 'our door'?
What are the specific 'lot of different manufacturers'?
What do you mean 'pretty close'? to what?

Missing a lot of context in that one single sentence.
Old 02-12-22, 11:27 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

I have been doing it for 3 years officially but have been in the industry around 10 years now. A lot of bikes means thousands, we are a pretty high volume shop.

Ariel Rider, Easy Motion, Genze, VanMoof, Specialized, Raleigh, Ancheer, Trek, Riese and Müller, Wing, 1Up, Juiced...I can't remember all the brands that have come through but we will look at anything.

Pretty close to the reason why Suey McSuerson is trying to sue Ariel Rider. I guess you didn't really read the whole thing you wanted to just tear it apart in segments.
Old 02-12-22, 11:38 AM
cat0020
Ride more, eat less

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 713 Post(s)
Liked 733 Times in 450 Posts
How many is 'thousands'? ten thousand? fifty thousand?

What is the location of this shop of yours?
Old 02-12-22, 11:38 AM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

I, personally, am quite interested in purchasing (in the future, when I can afford it) an Ariel Rider Rideal. That's a fantastic deal on an easily maintainable/moddable ebike.
Old 05-14-22, 01:03 PM
johnekaes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
you do not sue for a bad part covered by warranty. you can only sue for a states warranty of merchanability law which says a product must be designed and built for it's intended purpose.
Old 06-10-22, 10:49 PM
Blesstheride

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
We have both a Ariel Rider Grizzly and a Juiced Hyper Scorpion. I love how powerful the Grizzly is, yet the Hyper Scorpion rides up a hill like no ones business. The gears feel super good even in its race mode. I love the stability of the body. Feels very safe and can still push the envelope.

I would say invest in a Juiced bike and then explore the Ariel Rider brand! Both are satisfying but the Juiced is next level in my opinion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.