Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

for sale: 1975 Eisentraut Limited frameset - Excellent Condition - $800

Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Old 10-25-22, 11:02 PM
Shelly1 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts

All original, small-size Eisentraut Limited frameset in shimmering golden brown.

serial num: 75L153
seat tube (c-t): 49cm
top tube (c-c): 52cm (measured horizontally)
standover: 75.5cm / 29-3/4" (w/700c wheels)

$800 + actual shipping (or local pickup)

Sale includes the frame, fork, & seat tube binder bolt. The last picture shows the bicycle temporarily built up for one of our California Bay Area Vintage Bicycle Group rides a while back and I can honestly say that the bike rides even smoother & nicer than it displays. I also had Ed Litton confirm the frame & fork are in 100% pin-perfect alignment.

- Shelly Cohen (Palo Alto, California, 94303)
(e-mail: Shelly Cohen 1 AT ya hoo…)

Last edited by Shelly1; 10-26-22 at 12:26 AM.
Old 10-25-22, 11:17 PM
The Thin Man 

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 241 Times in 112 Posts
That is such a killer shade of orange'y copper metallic.

The luck person who can fit this frame is going to be on cloud 9!
Old 10-25-22, 11:48 PM
Shelly1 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts
Hello -

Thank you folks for your very kind private messages. Being a total "newbie" on BikeForums, unfortunately I am not yet able to respond to private msgs.

Meanwhile, here are a few answers to some of the questions I have received concerning the last picture;

Yes, the triple chainrings are on an NOS Campagnolo Record factory triple (144BCD, w/165mm arms).

Yes, that is indeed an original, handmade Spence Wolfe long cage on a Campagnolo rear derailleur. :-)

And Yes, those are rebuilt & polished SunTour Superbe pedals - one of my all-time favorite pedals. :-)

Thanks again for the kind words!
- Shelly

Last edited by Shelly1; 10-26-22 at 12:17 AM.
Likes For Shelly1:
Old 10-26-22, 01:27 PM
noobinsf 

Bikes: '82 Univega Competizione, '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '83 Mercian KOM Touring, '85 Univega Alpina Uno, '76 Eisentraut Limited

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,204 Times in 700 Posts
Originally Posted by Shelly1
Hello -

Thank you folks for your very kind private messages. Being a total "newbie" on BikeForums, unfortunately I am not yet able to respond to private msgs.

Meanwhile, here are a few answers to some of the questions I have received concerning the last picture;

Yes, the triple chainrings are on an NOS Campagnolo Record factory triple (144BCD, w/165mm arms).

Yes, that is indeed an original, handmade Spence Wolfe long cage on a Campagnolo rear derailleur. :-)

And Yes, those are rebuilt & polished SunTour Superbe pedals - one of my all-time favorite pedals. :-)

Thanks again for the kind words!
- Shelly
What a beautiful bike, and with so many classic details in your build. I was lucky enough to find one of these frames in my size, and it's been a slow process making it roadworthy. (Almost there!) I can't wait to put some miles on it. Good luck with your sale!
Old 10-26-22, 02:56 PM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
Quoted: 4741 Post(s)
Liked 3,860 Times in 2,509 Posts
Off topic but loosely related - I lived on the island of Alameda in the early '80s with my Peter Mooney which rode across the bridge right down the street from Eisentraut many times. '84, I crashed it and bent the fork. Took it to the shop and Ed Litton straightened it, then a year later, painted the replacement Peter built me and the frame to a burnt orange just a hair more orange than this bike. Metal flake also.

Ed never built me a bike. By the time I was in a place to justify another custom, I was living in Portland, Dave Levy of TiCycles had built me several stems (to get stock bikes to fit) and I'd ridden an early Merlin and knew instantly; that was the ride for me. Up here I never see his work, save the once in a while framebuilder trade shows and for a while, a velodrome racer from San Jose's Hellyer (SP) used to bring his Litton up for the Alpenrose Challenge.
Old 10-26-22, 09:47 PM
thinktubes 
weapons-grade bolognium

Bikes: Battaglin Cromor, Ciocc Designer 84, Schwinn Superior 1981

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 984 Post(s)
Liked 2,353 Times in 882 Posts
Wow - that’s a pretty frame! GLWS!
Old 10-27-22, 12:32 AM
SurferRosa
señor miembro

Bikes: '70s - '80s Campagnolo

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 3846 Post(s)
Liked 6,437 Times in 3,183 Posts
Originally Posted by Shelly1
Beautiful bike!

Shelly, if you have time and more pics, we would love to hear about that drivetrain and Campy rear mech in a normal c&v thread. tia.