Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

New to me Kona Rove Al

Old 06-03-22, 05:55 AM
revcp 

Bikes: 2017 Salsa Carbon Mukluk frame built with XT, 2018 Kona Rove NRB build with Sram Apex 1,2008 Salsa El Mariachi, 1986 Centurion Ironman

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 65 Posts
New to me Kona Rove Al

I have a habit of churning bikes, i.e. buying used, doing a makeover, selling to buy another. My intro to gravel biking was on a Kona Rove NRB, for which I built new wheels and switched the components from 2x Tiagra to 1x Apex. Great bike, fit me perfectly. Then a few weeks ago I found a 2016 Kona Rove Al (same geometry, 7005 vs 6061, post mount brakes on aluminum fork instead of flat mount on carbon, QR vs thru axle) at a "can't not buy" price, so in it came, and sold the other last night. I've already switched the bars out to 520mm PNW Coast hbar. Have Juin Tech R1s (and Yokozuna cables) on order to replace the horrid Hayes CX Comp calipers. Will probably build up a new wheelset over the winter. Also ordered a frame bag from Cedaero and found used Tubus Tara rack and Ortlieb Sport Packer Classics for a gravel tour this summer on the southern edge of the BWCA. Happy as a clam. First pic is of Kermit, the outgoing NRB, second is of Coffee, the "new" Al.

Last edited by revcp; 06-03-22 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-04-22, 12:17 PM
blakcloud

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 352 Times in 225 Posts
You did well. Very nice bike.
Old 06-04-22, 01:30 PM
Fentuz

Bikes: Dahon Jetstream p8 (sold), customized Dahon Helios x10, customzed Dahon Smooth Hound x9,customized Dahon Hammerhead 8.0 d7, Planet X Free Ranger (mullet setup 1x11), Planet X Giovanissimi 20 (1x9), Frog 52 (1x9) and Frog 48 1s

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked 221 Times in 162 Posts
I like the green bike!