Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Advocacy & Safety
Reload this Page >

Trash Throwing Trash

Notices
Advocacy & Safety Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every public road, just as do all other users. Discuss your bicycle advocacy and safety concerns here.

Trash Throwing Trash

Old 05-22-22, 01:24 PM
  #51  
Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Louisissippi Coast
Posts: 5,345

Bikes: Lynskey GR300, Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1826 Post(s)
Liked 1,149 Times in 594 Posts
Originally Posted by trailangel View Post
If you are reffering to me as a troll, I consider it a personal attack. I have stated my opinion, which apparently you and others here don't agree with. So be it. You cannot handle others with different opinions....
Get over it. I'll infer that everyone who avoids simple straight-forward questions is a troll.

Last edited by Paul Barnard; 05-22-22 at 01:30 PM.
Paul Barnard is offline  
Likes For Paul Barnard:
Old 05-22-22, 01:28 PM
  #52  
Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Louisissippi Coast
Posts: 5,345

Bikes: Lynskey GR300, Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1826 Post(s)
Liked 1,149 Times in 594 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike View Post
Describing posters that post opinions different than their own as "trolls" and make similar ad hominum insults to enforce a desired conformity of thought is the cliched MO of more than just one poster here who cannot handle others with different opinions and wish to cleanse BF of any opinion or poster not in accordance with their own rigid beliefs or wishes. A purified echo chamber is the evident goal.
People who dodge reasonable questions about their opinions are trolls. Pure and simple. If you are posting your opinion without any desire to discuss it, that certainly doesn't serve the purpose of discussion on a forum does it?
Paul Barnard is offline  
Likes For Paul Barnard:
Old 05-22-22, 01:51 PM
  #53  
trailangel
Senior Member
 
trailangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 4,782

Bikes: Schwinn Varsity

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1884 Post(s)
Liked 655 Times in 383 Posts
^^^ That's not the definition of an internet troll.
trailangel is offline  
Old 05-22-22, 02:08 PM
  #54  
Iride01
MotuekaCascadeChinook
 
Iride01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 11,094

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4487 Post(s)
Liked 3,003 Times in 2,095 Posts
I think the term troll gets slung around too casually. There is a lot to the definition of troll that need to be met. And in this case I don't think it's been met.

In internet slang, a troll is a person who posts inflammatory, insincere, digressive,[1]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.), a newsgroup, forum, chat room, online video game, or blog), with the intent of provokingreaders into displaying emotional responses,[2] or manipulating others' perception. This is typically for the troll's amusement, or to achieve a specific result such as disrupting a rival's online activities or manipulating a political process. Even so, Internet trolling can also be defined as purposefully causing confusion or harm to other users online, for no reason at all.[3]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...o%20displaying
Iride01 is offline  
Old 05-22-22, 02:27 PM
  #55  
Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Louisissippi Coast
Posts: 5,345

Bikes: Lynskey GR300, Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1826 Post(s)
Liked 1,149 Times in 594 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01 View Post
I think the term troll gets slung around too casually. There is a lot to the definition of troll that need to be met. And in this case I don't think it's been met.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...o%20displaying

How sincere is someone about having a discussion when they don't even answer very simple questions about their opinions?

In internet slang, a troll is a person who posts inflammatory, insincere, digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community
Paul Barnard is offline  
Old 05-22-22, 02:30 PM
  #56  
Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Louisissippi Coast
Posts: 5,345

Bikes: Lynskey GR300, Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1826 Post(s)
Liked 1,149 Times in 594 Posts
Originally Posted by trailangel View Post
^^^ That's not the definition of an internet troll.
I don't care what you call it. If you think evading simple questions about positions that you stake out lends itself well to discussion, there's not much more we have to discuss here. I'll note that you have still not answered the questions. I am not new to the internet. There's always a reason that people evade legitimate questions.
Paul Barnard is offline  
Old 05-22-22, 04:44 PM
  #57  
livedarklions
High Performance Noodler
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 13,190

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6871 Post(s)
Liked 6,788 Times in 3,818 Posts
Originally Posted by trailangel View Post
No need for personal attacks here. I'm just stating it's poor choice to ride 2 abreast on that road with no shoulder even though it's legally correct. I wouldn't even ride single file on that road. You will rethink when a tractor-trailer comes upon you.

What you're failing to grasp here is all this "do as I say or get killed" nonsense is both really obnoxious and obviously not credible. I ride on roads with tractor trailers all the time. Getting passed by one is a non-event. I actually had a driver of one completely mishandle a right turn immediately in front of me today (he came from behind me, then started his turn as he was passing me), and I was situationally aware enough to slow so I didn't run into his trailer. I know there's risks to riding on the road just as there's risks to any activity, but I have skills and preparation designed to minimize that risk. I don't care that you won't ride on that road, that's your right. But yeah, people who have better road riding skills than you apparently do get pretty offended when you tell us we're "dead wrong". If you don't want pushback, stop telling us how you think we should ride. I guarantee you know less about the risk calculations and mitigation techniques of any person on this forum than they do, maybe stop being so condescending and arrogant.

No one asked you if you thought it was a " poor choice".
livedarklions is offline  
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 05-22-22, 05:07 PM
  #58  
Iride01
MotuekaCascadeChinook
 
Iride01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 11,094

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4487 Post(s)
Liked 3,003 Times in 2,095 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul Barnard View Post
I don't care what you call it. If you think evading simple questions about positions that you stake out lends itself well to discussion, there's not much more we have to discuss here. I'll note that you have still not answered the questions. I am not new to the internet. There's always a reason that people evade legitimate questions.
If it wasn't for the use of the word Troll, I'd pretty much be on your side for the discussion. However the word troll, tainted the issue because while you are defending yourself by expounding on and creating other reasonable arguments, I feel the other person is simply defending being called a troll.
Iride01 is offline  
Old 05-22-22, 07:11 PM
  #59  
Chuck M 
Butted Hi-Tensile
 
Chuck M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,138

Bikes: Hi-Ten bike boomers, a Trek Domane and some projects

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Liked 972 Times in 482 Posts
I don't know that trailangel is trying to be a troll and I think that term gets thrown out at a lot of people unfairly too often. But it is easy to see why many feel that his assessment that the riders should not have been riding in that area or two abreast is not what of most experienced cyclists would agree with. Looking at a satellite image of the map area posted above, that is certainly a sidewalk and not a bike lane or multi-use path. The satellite view also shows that area may be hairy riding at certain times of the day, but the video also shows IMHO that at that time of day the cyclists were not flirting with death.

I have a major US highway a mile from my home that I can safely cross at certain times on certain days easily and safely. In the opposite direction I have a traffic circle that I will only take during certain times of the day. I plan my rides accordingly avoiding these areas but the closest calls I've ever had were within a half mile radius of my residential area from people pulling out of their driveways or overtaking me at intersections and turning right in front of me. The laws in my state afford me the right to use the entire line and while I keep right when possible, I will use the lane in situations where I feel it safe and appropriate.

But I won't ride on the sidewalk because someone thinks I don't belong on the roadway. I stopped that when my dad took my training wheels off.
__________________
"It is the unknown around the corner that turns my wheels." -- Heinz Stücke

Chuck M is offline  
Likes For Chuck M:
Old 05-22-22, 07:30 PM
  #60  
JW Fas
Cop Magnet
Thread Starter
 
JW Fas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 191
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked 126 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01 View Post
I think the term troll gets slung around too casually. There is a lot to the definition of troll that need to be met. And in this case I don't think it's been met.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...o%20displaying
Troll or not, it's pretty clear when someone enters a conversation in bad faith. The whole concept of riding two abreast among motor vehicles is a complete red herring with regards to the issue at hand.
JW Fas is offline  
Likes For JW Fas:
Old 05-22-22, 07:36 PM
  #61  
I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile
 
I-Like-To-Bike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Burlington Iowa
Posts: 29,269

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 999 Times in 665 Posts
Originally Posted by Chuck M View Post
I don't know that trailangel is trying to be a troll and I think that term gets thrown out at a lot of people unfairly too often. But it is easy to see why many feel that his assessment that the riders should not have been riding in that area or two abreast is not what of most experienced cyclists would agree with.
It is also easy to see that some so-called "experienced" cyclists on BF are intolerant of anyone expressing an opinion that they do not agree with and resort to responding with ad hominem arguments and insults.
I-Like-To-Bike is offline  
Likes For I-Like-To-Bike:
Old 05-22-22, 07:46 PM
  #62  
Daniel4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,041

Bikes: Sekine 1979 ten speed racer

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1246 Post(s)
Liked 418 Times in 279 Posts
Several years ago, someone on BikeForums corrected me by stating FRAP means as Far Right As Practical not as Far Right As Possible.

There's a reason for that. When you hug the curb not only do you put your bike at risk with sewer grates, broken glass and potholes, you are inviting motorists to side swipe you.

The unscientific poll (now closed) indicates that more members have had incidences with riding on the far right of the lane than taking the lane. However, that result is based on so few participants.

Many other sources encourage that Practical in FRAP means you have to sometimes take the lane to force motorists to notice you and change lanes properly. So yes, there will be a lot of upset drivers having to change lanes, but that's what they have to do anyways even though they don't want to. In many jurisdictions, the law says for motorists to give 3ft (1m) clearance when passing cyclists. That's barely possible if you're hugging the curb while the driver stays in the same lane.

So all the cyclists have to do to avoid riding two abreast is for the outer one to pull back a bit while taking the lane, just like what motorcycles do when they ride in the safe position in a scattered format.

Last edited by Daniel4; 05-22-22 at 07:51 PM.
Daniel4 is online now  
Likes For Daniel4:
Old 05-22-22, 08:06 PM
  #63  
Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Louisissippi Coast
Posts: 5,345

Bikes: Lynskey GR300, Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1826 Post(s)
Liked 1,149 Times in 594 Posts
Originally Posted by JW Fas View Post
Troll or not, it's pretty clear when someone enters a conversation in bad faith. The whole concept of riding two abreast among motor vehicles is a complete red herring with regards to the issue at hand.
Exactly, and if they answered the questions, it would expose their red herring argument. That's why the questions were dodged.
Paul Barnard is offline  
Old 05-22-22, 08:16 PM
  #64  
livedarklions
High Performance Noodler
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 13,190

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6871 Post(s)
Liked 6,788 Times in 3,818 Posts
Originally Posted by trailangel View Post
Really poor choice of route... and they should be on "The Sidewalk"
Originally Posted by trailangel View Post
I am in agreement the cyclist are within their right and the laws to ride where they are ... 2 abreast in a 2 lane divided hwy....but from looking at the video.....I call that "DEAD RIGHT"... because that's how they will end up.
You wanna ride like that, have at it.
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike View Post
Describing posters that post opinions different than their own as "trolls" and make similar ad hominum insults to enforce a desired conformity of thought is the cliched MO of more than just one poster here who cannot handle others with different opinions and wish to cleanse BF of any opinion or poster not in accordance with their own rigid beliefs or wishes. A purified echo chamber is the evident goal.
I don't care one way or the other about the word "troll", but to describe what he did as just post a differing " opinion " really is laughable. Let's be clear, he made a ridiculous assertion that sidewalk riding is preferred, and that the OP was going to die if he didn't do it.

Only in an echo chamber would such obnoxious nonsense go unanswered.
livedarklions is offline  
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 05-22-22, 08:20 PM
  #65  
livedarklions
High Performance Noodler
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 13,190

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6871 Post(s)
Liked 6,788 Times in 3,818 Posts
Originally Posted by Daniel4 View Post
Several years ago, someone on BikeForums corrected me by stating FRAP means as Far Right As Practical not as Far Right As Possible.

There's a reason for that. When you hug the curb not only do you put your bike at risk with sewer grates, broken glass and potholes, you are inviting motorists to side swipe you.

The unscientific poll (now closed) indicates that more members have had incidences with riding on the far right of the lane than taking the lane. However, that result is based on so few participants.

Many other sources encourage that Practical in FRAP means you have to sometimes take the lane to force motorists to notice you and change lanes properly. So yes, there will be a lot of upset drivers having to change lanes, but that's what they have to do anyways even though they don't want to. In many jurisdictions, the law says for motorists to give 3ft (1m) clearance when passing cyclists. That's barely possible if you're hugging the curb while the driver stays in the same lane.

So all the cyclists have to do to avoid riding two abreast is for the outer one to pull back a bit while taking the lane, just like what motorcycles do when they ride in the safe position in a scattered format.
This is actually a friendly correction because you're more correct than you realize. The word is "practicable", not " practical ". Subtle, but practicable implies even more discretion on the part of the cyclist.
livedarklions is offline  
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 05-22-22, 08:49 PM
  #66  
koala logs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 543
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 131 Times in 108 Posts
Originally Posted by trailangel View Post
I am in agreement the cyclist are within their right and the laws to ride where they are ... 2 abreast in a 2 lane divided hwy....but from looking at the video.....I call that "DEAD RIGHT"... because that's how they will end up.
You wanna ride like that, have at it.
I agree cyclists are well within their rights to do it. But because there are many drivers out there who are really stupid, have inflated sense of entitlement, and don't even know that cyclists have every right to fully occupy one lane of the road, it's sometimes prudent not to push our luck in pushing our rights to the limit.
koala logs is online now  
Likes For koala logs:
Old 05-22-22, 09:17 PM
  #67  
grizzly59
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 711
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 262 Times in 164 Posts
Stupid car driver A vs normal car driver B = mostly non or slight injury. Stupid car driver A vs cyclist B = ___________. Asymmetric warfare. If you answered something like “crippled for life” or “death” I would say you’re in the ballpark.
grizzly59 is offline  
Old 05-23-22, 05:00 AM
  #68  
livedarklions
High Performance Noodler
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 13,190

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6871 Post(s)
Liked 6,788 Times in 3,818 Posts
Originally Posted by koala logs View Post
I agree cyclists are well within their rights to do it. But because there are many drivers out there who are really stupid, have inflated sense of entitlement, and don't even know that cyclists have every right to fully occupy one lane of the road, it's sometimes prudent not to push our luck in pushing our rights to the limit.

Maybe, but this isn't even close to that level of "prudence". This was an uncrowded road with a wide-open second lane. If people don't do it here, how is that " false sense of entitlement " ever going to change?
livedarklions is offline  
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 05-23-22, 05:02 AM
  #69  
livedarklions
High Performance Noodler
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 13,190

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6871 Post(s)
Liked 6,788 Times in 3,818 Posts
Originally Posted by grizzly59 View Post
Stupid car driver A vs normal car driver B = mostly non or slight injury. Stupid car driver A vs cyclist B = ___________. Asymmetric warfare. If you answered something like “crippled for life” or “death” I would say you’re in the ballpark.

I knew a guy who was killed in a bar when a crazy person drove through the store front. If this is your calculation, you can't go anywhere.
livedarklions is offline  
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 05-23-22, 05:30 AM
  #70  
livedarklions
High Performance Noodler
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 13,190

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6871 Post(s)
Liked 6,788 Times in 3,818 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01 View Post
I think the term troll gets slung around too casually. There is a lot to the definition of troll that need to be met. And in this case I don't think it's been met.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...o%20displaying

Gotta say, I think going on a cycling advocacy forum and telling people that if they ride on the road they're going to die seems to fit that definition. Lane positioning and sidewalk riding were not the topic of this thread when the person in question chose to attack the OP's choices.
livedarklions is offline  
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 05-23-22, 06:35 AM
  #71  
koala logs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 543
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 131 Times in 108 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions View Post
Maybe, but this isn't even close to that level of "prudence". This was an uncrowded road with a wide-open second lane. If people don't do it here, how is that " false sense of entitlement " ever going to change?
OP already showed us the best way to change the way motorists treat us and that is having cameras on our bike and report reckless driving behavior such as close passes. We just need a lot more riders doing it and hoping that law enforcement will take these reports seriously and act on them in a timely manner.

I also ride in the middle of the car lane if applicable (like in the OP's video). But if I see a driver behind me isn't slowing down and intending to make a close pass in my lane, I move aside. I just don't feel safe standing my ground against reckless drivers. If anything went wrong, I'll be the one ending up on ER with broken bones if I'm lucky to be alive. I also move aside if driver behind sounded their horn when they're about to pass.

I have helmet mirror and frequently watch my back for any approaching driver and take evasive action if necessary. Rear view mirror makes a huge difference in safety.

Last edited by koala logs; 05-23-22 at 06:46 AM.
koala logs is online now  
Old 05-23-22, 07:16 AM
  #72  
Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)
 
Juan Foote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jawja
Posts: 4,042

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1747 Post(s)
Liked 585 Times in 407 Posts
Back on subject...I would MUCH rather be hit with some fast food trash or an empty oil bottle (NO one can afford to throw out one full) than the POS car they were driving.
Juan Foote is offline  
Old 05-23-22, 07:21 AM
  #73  
work4bike
Senior Member
 
work4bike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlantic Beach Florida
Posts: 1,635
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2710 Post(s)
Liked 586 Times in 439 Posts
That last time I had something thrown at me it was a half-full cup of soda from a fast food place. When I was on a loaded bike tour, I got hit by what felt like a huge steel ball. In both cases I gave chase, but of course to no avail...
work4bike is offline  
Old 05-23-22, 07:27 AM
  #74  
livedarklions
High Performance Noodler
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 13,190

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6871 Post(s)
Liked 6,788 Times in 3,818 Posts
Originally Posted by koala logs View Post
OP already showed us the best way to change the way motorists treat us and that is having cameras on our bike and report reckless driving behavior such as close passes. We just need a lot more riders doing it and hoping that law enforcement will take these reports seriously and act on them in a timely manner.

I also ride in the middle of the car lane if applicable (like in the OP's video). But if I see a driver behind me isn't slowing down and intending to make a close pass in my lane, I move aside. I just don't feel safe standing my ground against reckless drivers. If anything went wrong, I'll be the one ending up on ER with broken bones if I'm lucky to be alive. I also move aside if driver behind sounded their horn when they're about to pass.

I have helmet mirror and frequently watch my back for any approaching driver and take evasive action if necessary. Rear view mirror makes a huge difference in safety.

I agree that if a motorist is insisting on heading at me, I'm going to retreat or take evasive action. Now that you've clarified what you meant, I don't think we disagree about anything. I'm not moving just because someone honked in most circumstances, but that's a personal call to be made situationally. I certainly have no interest in second-guessing you on that. We're all dealing with roads where many drivers feel that the rules don't apply to them, and the fact is they are handling a very heavy motorized deadly implement and we are not. One needs to leave room for improvisation when there's no way to predict the misconduct of others.

My view on this is that we are generally the best judges of what works for us, which is why I have so little tolerance of those posters who want to lecture other posters about how they're doing it wrong.
livedarklions is offline  
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 05-23-22, 07:30 AM
  #75  
livedarklions
High Performance Noodler
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 13,190

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6871 Post(s)
Liked 6,788 Times in 3,818 Posts
Originally Posted by Juan Foote View Post
Back on subject...I would MUCH rather be hit with some fast food trash or an empty oil bottle (NO one can afford to throw out one full) than the POS car they were driving.

Can't argue with that math, but I'd much rather choose not getting hit by anything.
livedarklions is offline  
Likes For livedarklions:

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.