Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Litespeed Swimsuit calendar

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-22, 01:33 PM
sickmann 

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

In my brother's effects after he passed, I found an unusual bicycle industry calendar among many other typical industry calendars showing TDF or Mountain Bike action pics. Ths one stood out from the rest. It's a Litespeed calendar from 1993 and, while it does display four models of Litespeed Ti bikes from that era, it features as models straddling or standing behind the Ti bikes, 12 attractive models in swimsuits or brief athletic wear. I can't find another like it online. Some research found the photographer who did the shoot and he verified it was contracted by the Lynskey family before they sold the name and moved on. I've contacted the Lynskey Performance folks and haven't heard back from them. I'm thinking this must be a rare artifact. I have no idea how to put a value on it and I want to sell it.

This forum won't let me post pics until I've posted ten times. When I have reached that number, I'll include pictures.
Old 08-06-22, 01:52 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 4509 Post(s)
Liked 6,374 Times in 3,666 Posts
Originally Posted by sickmann
In my brother's effects after he passed, I found an unusual bicycle industry calendar among many other typical industry calendars showing TDF or Mountain Bike action pics. Ths one stood out from the rest. It's a Litespeed calendar from 1993 and, while it does display four models of Litespeed Ti bikes from that era, it features as models straddling or standing behind the Ti bikes, 12 attractive models in swimsuits or brief athletic wear. I can't find another like it online. Some research found the photographer who did the shoot and he verified it was contracted by the Lynskey family before they sold the name and moved on. I've contacted the Lynskey Performance folks and haven't heard back from them. I'm thinking this must be a rare artifact. I have no idea how to put a value on it and I want to sell it.

This forum won't let me post pics until I've posted ten times. When I have reached that number, I'll include pictures.
You can post pics to the gallery or album on your homepage and they may get moved here, you cannot try to sell here, you must use the for sale forum that will require an upgraded membership.
Old 08-06-22, 02:05 PM
sickmann 

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Litespeed calendar

I've posted pictures to my gallery
Old 08-06-22, 09:33 PM
thinktubes 
weapons-grade bolognium

Bikes: Battaglin Cromor, Ciocc Designer 84, Schwinn Superior 1981

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 985 Post(s)
Liked 2,376 Times in 891 Posts
https://www.bikeforums.net/g/user/554917/photos

Old 08-06-22, 09:54 PM
3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Quoted: 26382 Post(s)
Liked 10,362 Times in 7,196 Posts
...those girl of the month shop calendars used to be standard auto mechanic giveaways.
A couple of the tool companies gave them to us, and IIRC maybe one or two of the motor oils.

So maybe you can get an idea of value by looking at those for sale on ebay, for comparison.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-Three-Vintage-Rigid-Tools-Swimsuit-Calendar-Pinup-1993-1997-1999-3075-/324062008561
Old 08-06-22, 09:59 PM
bulgie 
blahblahblah chrome moly

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 2,566 Times in 1,072 Posts
Originally Posted by thinktubes
Just showed this to my wife, who has a Litespeed. She was somewhat disgusted, and would have removed the Litespeed decals from her bike in protest except for the fact that we already did that! She found the graphics too loud and kinda ugly, so we replaced them with some classic (repro) Rollfast decals. And the head badge says Uranus! (Never heard of a Uranus but the badge is beautiful.)

Oh and the tubing decal now says "Guaranteed NOT Built With Reynolds 531 Tubes Forks and Stays".

Mark B, not disgusted in Seattle
Likes For bulgie:
Old 08-07-22, 11:12 AM
blacknbluebikes 

Bikes: two blacks, a blue and a white.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Liked 844 Times in 408 Posts
Always catch myself staring at well-built frames.
Old 08-07-22, 11:25 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2925 Post(s)
Liked 2,921 Times in 1,489 Posts
great calendar. Pinup is classic American art form that’s been used to sell just about everything at one time or another. Sadly it has fallen to political correctness

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 10-11-22, 12:43 AM
Medrogean

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I love old calendars!

Last edited by Medrogean; 10-11-22 at 02:31 AM.
Old 10-11-22, 07:01 AM
Mr. 66

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 1135 Post(s)
Liked 1,727 Times in 951 Posts
I'm partial to the Giubilato girl :^)
Old 10-11-22, 10:16 AM
KonAaron Snake 
Fat Guy on a Little Bike

Bikes: Two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1254 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 174 Posts
Originally Posted by bulgie
Just showed this to my wife, who has a Litespeed. She was somewhat disgusted, and would have removed the Litespeed decals from her bike in protest except for the fact that we already did that! She found the graphics too loud and kinda ugly, so we replaced them with some classic (repro) Rollfast decals. And the head badge says Uranus! (Never heard of a Uranus but the badge is beautiful.)

Oh and the tubing decal now says "Guaranteed NOT Built With Reynolds 531 Tubes Forks and Stays".

Mark B, not disgusted in Seattle
That's less classy than mine - badged Huffy, with an Alfred E. Neumann head badge.
Likes For KonAaron Snake:
Old 10-11-22, 12:00 PM
repechage

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 3464 Post(s)
Liked 2,827 Times in 1,995 Posts
DeBartolo is still at it