Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hi from the Netherlands

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hi from the Netherlands

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-22, 07:49 AM
Tivoli

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi from the Netherlands

Hi from the Netherlands. I love cycling and working on my bikes. I'm also into mountainbiking. Recently stumbled upon a problem on a bike I just picked up so I thought I'd go ahead and ask around here. But before that I thought I'd introduce myself. So, hi everyone.
Old 09-12-22, 08:35 AM
dmwill

Bikes: 1989 Dahon Stainless Steel Classic, 1993 Burley Samba Mixte tandem, 2002 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo, 2003 Co-Motion Speedster tandem, 2021 Trek Verve 3, 2021 Priority Current

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 20 Posts
Welcome! Here in the land of the stroad we are jealous of your opportunities for safely biking around to get daily tasks done. In my mind the Netherlands are very flat so MTB is more XC singletrack through the forest than big DH?
Old 09-12-22, 09:00 AM
Tivoli

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks! Yes, biking is very safe over here and I'm always grateful for that. For me personally biking is one the main forms of transportation. I use my bikes daily.

You're right, there are no real mountains over here and yet if you go out on an XC singletrack most people will still call it mountainbiking. Although I have to say there are quite a few places over here, especially in the southern part of the Netherlands and an area called the 'Veluwe', that have pretty steep climbs.
Old 09-12-22, 09:31 AM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Quoted: 3898 Post(s)
Liked 4,830 Times in 2,228 Posts
Welcome.
A number of Dutch members post in the C&V forum.