Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Jamis Hudson E2 ebike problem

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Old 06-29-22, 10:11 PM
wmh9680

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Thank God for this forum, it's been a blessing. I have 2 Jamis Hudson E2 ebikes and on both the battery lights on the right (that show the charge left on the battery on the left handlebar) are flashing red. No matter what charge level color the bottom flashes red about every 8 seconds. So far our dealer has not figured out what is wrong. We had it in for a week and it would never do it for him but now it flashes constantly every 8 seconds or so. He can’t get me in for 3 weeks now. We bought both bikes last July. We absolutely love the bikes. I took them to another shop and they said the lights flashing are an error code but they don’t flash long enough to see what the code is. They said from their experience it is a faulty bed where the battery slides in and it needs to be replaced. It costs 4 or 5 hundred dollars they said and now both bikes are doing it

Also I have a clicking sound in rhythm with the rotation of the pedals, faster in a lower gear (1) and slower in a higher gear (7) so I know it has something to do with the drive train. The second shop adjusted the gears but when I got it home it still made the noise. After inspecting it further I found that the noise is coming from the crank/bearings when I push/pull on both pedals. I don’t see them loose or moving but when I push hard on the pedals the noise appears. It only happened when I was pedaling with tension on the drive train so that makes sense. So I checked my 2nd ebike since my wife thought she heard the same noise on hers and lo and behold the bearings seem loose. Anyone else ever see/hear of this problem? I need to get it fixed while the warranty is still there. They have the Hyena battery and hub I believe. We love the bikes but am getting concerned about these 2 problems. We haput about 1500 miles on them since last summer.

Thanks in advance, Mike Hall
Old 06-30-22, 08:24 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 6100 Post(s)
Liked 4,732 Times in 3,262 Posts
Keep taking it back to the Authorized Jamis dealers or service centers and have them keep looking at the issue. Find out if the other stuff you are griping about is or isn't covered under warranty.

Maybe even call or email Jamis directly yourself. Though many bike manufacturer's are loathe to deal directly with the customer.

Anything we guess to tell you to do might void any warranty or cause you to get in the bad graces of the shops you are dealing with.
Likes For Iride01:
Old 06-30-22, 09:58 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,664 Times in 2,497 Posts
Moved to ebikes from General.

Does the battery slide out? I would clean the contacts and slide it back in.

As far as the clicking goes, it might well be your saddle.
Likes For unterhausen:
Old 07-01-22, 07:34 PM
wmh9680

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
I will be taking it to the place I bought it from but cannot get in there until after the 12th. Thanks
Old 07-01-22, 07:38 PM
wmh9680

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
I have changed seats thinking it might be the seat rythem as I peddle but it dn help. I switched batts between the 2 bikes and it dn help. If it wasn't under warranty I would tighten/replace the bearings myself. I'm 99% sure its the bearings since one bike the cranks acrually wiggled a little bit. Still trying to find a Ph # for Jamis Thanks, Mike