Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Western flyer top gun f1

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-20, 10:42 PM
Whitetrash
Just a man and his two wh

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Western flyer top gun f1

Western flyer top gun formula 1 how much would this bring in
Old 10-27-20, 03:32 AM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,748 Times in 937 Posts
Hard to determine value without knowing where the bike is? What is its condition? Size? Buying or selling? Put another way, you need to supply a lot more information, including pictures if you have any, before anyone here can offer any kind of appraisal.

So, make nine more posts and you will be allowed to post pictures in your thread. Looking forward to seeing the bike, assuming that is what it is, once you have had a chance to supply the information requested.
Old 10-30-20, 06:16 PM
ramzilla

Bikes: Vintage Japanese Bicycles, Tange, Ishiwata, Kuwahara

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 700 Post(s)
Liked 322 Times in 252 Posts
Put it up there on auction with eBay with a stop loss reserve price of about $10K then sit back and watch the dollars come flying in. Hallelujah brother!!!
Likes For ramzilla:
Old 10-31-20, 09:50 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
Welcome to the forums. F1 was very short lived, niche competition format, using 20" wheel bicycles that were designed to look like time trial bicycles, with features like sloping top tubes and wheel covers. Basically, it was road racing for the BMX crowd that typically took place in parking lots.

The format wasn't popular, it was almost stillborn. Haro, who was one of the big names pushing the sport, only offered F1 models for a single year. The lack of popularity limits appeal and a private label, chain store brand like Western Flyer would typically have far less appeal than a big name brand like Diamond Back or Haro.

Then there's the question of condition and originality. They don't surface often, but those that do, are often missing the wheel covers, have been stripped of the derailleur and converted from flat bars.

F1 bicycles are rare but I wouldn't consider them valuable. Unfortunately, I haven't even seen any completed sales on Ebay to use as a gauge. Pending pictures, my guess is that what you have is basically a garage sale bicycle but that's all it is, a guess. You could try over on the BMX Forum of this site, where members might have a better appreciation for the value, though go armed with photographs,