Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Make aero frame more compliant

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Make aero frame more compliant

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-21, 09:21 PM
Kimmo

Bikes: https://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=152015&p=1404231

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1528 Post(s)
Liked 718 Times in 510 Posts
Originally Posted by Zaskar
Uhhh.... not sure it's they're upper body strength they're known for ;-)
Yeah, I think the biggest thing that makes rocking big drop comfortable is constantly putting in enough power to cantilever your torso and unweight your hands.
Old 07-01-21, 09:24 PM
Kimmo

Bikes: https://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=152015&p=1404231

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1528 Post(s)
Liked 718 Times in 510 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnJ80
I always forget to add that you have to make sure your pump gauge is accurate which they typically aren’t. I’ve seen pumps off by as much as 15psi when 5psi matters big time to the ride quality.
I scored a nice floor pump with a dud gauge for nix from work, when i was a bike mechanic. Now I'm a hydraulic service tech, it's been pimped up with a calibrated gauge I scored for nix from work
Old 07-02-21, 12:42 PM
Bob Ross
your god hates me

Bikes: 2016 Richard Sachs, 2010 Carl Strong, 2006 Cannondale Synapse

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1252 Post(s)
Liked 1,282 Times in 708 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
If you still have pain, it is either you or the frame.
OP already concluded it was the frame -- and, at least by inference, himself -- in post #1. He's asking for ways to fix the problem without getting rid of the frame and without substituting a different rider for his own self.
You could have reduced your post's character count by 54 and still said the exact same thing.

signed, Capatain Pedantic.
Old 07-02-21, 02:03 PM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob Ross
OP already concluded it was the frame -- and, at least by inference, himself -- in post #1. He's asking for ways to fix the problem without getting rid of the frame and without substituting a different rider for his own self.
You could have reduced your post's character count by 54 and still said the exact same thing.

signed, Capatain Pedantic.
You did not quote my entire post, Pedantic Capatain...

"Put 28 mm GP5000 with latex tubes at 60 psi front and 75 rear. Get a Brooks B17. Get carbon bars."

If he does the above and still has pain, I'd buy another frame and have it fit. Last thing to consider is a medical problem unless you want to spend $25K on the medical merry go round

OP obviously has no clue what the problem is, otherwise, he would not be soliciting advice from cretins like me and you.
Likes For GhostRider62: