Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

Acquired another 80s? Bianchi, would love info

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-20, 02:41 PM
cstar 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 14 Posts

Hi all,

I recently posted an 80s Bianchi Superlegerra that I found on Craigslist and you all offered me a lot of great info on it. Well, I fell in love with that one and I just scored another vintage Bianchi today. As with the last one, Im interested in any information you can provide me on age, value, etc. As with the last one, I will be taking it completely apart and servicing and cleaning everything- would love to know what its worth now and cleaned up. I can't seem to find a serial number stamp anywhere; I checked the dropouts and the underside of the BB. I did find "E3" on the seat lug. I believe the Colombus sticker used to say "Tretubi". Modolo Speedy brakes, Modolo levers, Campy derailleurs, not sure of the brand of the seatpost, Cinelli Stem, 3T bars, Durex Ambrosio 19 Elite rear wheel. Thanks so much in advance!

Likes For cstar:
Old 06-01-20, 05:40 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,923 Times in 1,491 Posts
That poor Bianchi needs lots of LC and new parts.

Judging by the TreTubi decal and Ofmega headset and cranks I think you have either an '83 or '84 Nuovo but lots of things seem nto have been changed.

I am leaning towards the '84 because the Speedy brakes could have been a factory spec change in place of the Flash listed in the catalog, The CampI 980 Gear rear derailleur is definitely a replacement as are the Modolo Chrono "Coke Spoon" shifters and the rear rim. It looks like you still have the original San Marco seatpost. What are the hubs and front rim?

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 06-01-20, 05:47 PM
ramzilla

Bikes: Vintage Japanese Bicycles, Tange, Ishiwata, Kuwahara

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 700 Post(s)
Liked 322 Times in 252 Posts
That bike looks thirsty for some light lubrication. Fill a dropper bottle with WD-40 or diesel fuel. Place single drops on pivot points, spokes, lugs, rust spots, chain & wherever. You got to start somewhere and, that bike needs some TLC. Be good. Have fun.
Old 06-01-20, 06:23 PM
cstar 

Thanks for the responses!

Bianchigirll Yeah, it does look quite sad right now! I appreciate the helpful info about age and components. The front rim is a UKAI replacement, previous owner told me he replaced it after bending the front wheel up pretty good. The rear hub is Ofmega. "Coke spoon" shifters... lmfao.

ramzilla Yes it needs some love for sure. I will be tearing it all down and cleaning and servicing everything. Ill post some pictures when its all done.
Likes For cstar:
Old 06-01-20, 06:29 PM
plonz 

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 656 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 302 Posts
Saw this one on the local CL. To be honest, I thought the asking price was too high given the condition. Hopefully you negotiated it down. In the end, nothing a little TLC can’t fix and you’ll have a nice ride when you’re done.
Likes For plonz:
Old 06-01-20, 07:45 PM
cstar 

plonz , small world! Yes I think his asking price should have been lower. I came ready to drive a hard bargain. He was pretty firm unfortunately. You have to be ready for that I suppose, lol.

All good though, I plan on cleaning it up extensively and we'll see from there
Old 06-02-20, 06:18 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
Agreed there are several obvious replacements so you can't put much faith in the components. Going strictly on frame features, I'll put forth a 1983 Campione d'Italia as my leading candidate. It's definitely a 1983 model, has a Tretubi decal and it doesn't have the dropout eyelets that were typical of the Nuovo Racing.
Old 06-06-20, 09:25 AM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
Liked 2,287 Times in 1,278 Posts
I have never owned a Bianchi , but admire them and would definitely love to add one to the stable. The one you got is basically how I get my bikes if the price is right. It is fun , for me , getting one like this and making it shine again. The rewards are grand and riding a bike with new grease and cables etc. is fun after hours of disassembly , cleaning and putting it back together. I think that one will look great. Please post pictures of your journey, Joe