Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Wheel Not Fitting Turbo

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Wheel Not Fitting Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-21, 05:32 AM
ntlvrbtlr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wheel Not Fitting Turbo

Hello,

I've been having some issues fitting my bike to my turbo trainer as of late. I bought it back in the winter and a cheap bike to go with it, and have since been able to pick up my own bike due to the lockdown lifting.

The cheap, smaller, bike mounted the turbo fine and was easy to use, but the current bike is a struggle. It mounts the turbo fine, I've bought the specific quick release too, so no issues there, but the wheel seems to either rub against or get stuck against the turbo bit, and won't move, even with the firmest of pushes.

It's a Volare Elite Mag turbo trainer, and my bike has 700c wheels, if that helps. I've fully inflated the tyre, even swapped the tread direction as it was facing the wrong way, and no luck!

There's not a lot of advice out there on the internet, so I'm hoping one of you will be able to help

Cheers
Old 08-10-21, 10:03 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,687 Times in 2,510 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I moved your thread here from General cycling.

I'm not sure I understand the problem. Is the resistance wheel pressing too firmly into the tire? That's adjustable.

You can upload pictures to an album in your gallery if you think that will help, and then we can rescue them for you.