Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

Should I be worred?

Search
Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Should I be worred?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-22, 12:04 PM
slickrcbd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Should I be worred?

Today it's a little warm but not really hot, the 3 weather sites are saying 76-77 degrees at the moment.
I just did a quick trip to return a movie to the library, which is 1.25 miles away but when I came back I was feeling overheated like it was 87 instead of 77 degrees outside and I feel like I rode 10 miles instead of 2.5.

Should I be worried about this? The other day I went almost 3 miles to Walmart to pick up a small item and it was around 75 and I wasn't this hot and tiered when I got back. Going such a short distance doesn't normally bother me unless it's over 80 degrees outside.

Could I just be having an off day or should I be trying to make a doctor's appointment since I'm so worn out?
Old 08-16-22, 02:23 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6178 Post(s)
Liked 4,795 Times in 3,307 Posts
I can't diagnose you from afar. Nor am I a doctor, so in that respect I have absolutely no training to even know if there is something that needs a closer look by medical trained professionals. So I'd ask a doctor if I were you.

I guess it partly depends on what you are use to. I rode yesterday and the days before in 90 - 97°F actual temps with the real-feel in the triple digits. And I do 25 miles in just under 90 minutes. So you tell me if you are normal or not. Might be you just need to work up to it and develop good hydration methods.

Not drinking fluids while on a bike for even a short time does not make you a man (or woman). It breaks you.

Being tired for a extended amount of time after such exercise or activity is sometimes a sign of dehydration. Shouldn't need but about 20 minutes to maybe an hour to be ready to go again if you properly hydrated during a ride that you already have proper ability for.
Old 08-16-22, 04:08 PM
pdlamb

Bikes: Fuji Touring, Novara Randonee

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 2599 Post(s)
Liked 1,924 Times in 1,208 Posts
Originally Posted by slickrcbd
Today it's a little warm but not really hot, the 3 weather sites are saying 76-77 degrees at the moment.
I just did a quick trip to return a movie to the library, which is 1.25 miles away but when I came back I was feeling overheated like it was 87 instead of 77 degrees outside and I feel like I rode 10 miles instead of 2.5.

Should I be worried about this? The other day I went almost 3 miles to Walmart to pick up a small item and it was around 75 and I wasn't this hot and tiered when I got back. Going such a short distance doesn't normally bother me unless it's over 80 degrees outside.

Could I just be having an off day or should I be trying to make a doctor's appointment since I'm so worn out?
Not sure where you're from; at this time of the year I tend to think of 80F as cool. But I think it was Lon Haldeman who said, "Hot is 10 degrees warmer than what you're used to."

Make an appointment if you're very concerned. If your doctor is like most I've dealt with, you can enjoy an evening (or a week's worth of evenings) relaxing, sipping on cool drinks, and riding the next day(s) to see if this was a one-off experience or if your condition seems to be chronic.
Likes For pdlamb: