Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Schwinn Circuit value

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-22, 10:59 PM
danm65

Bikes: 1974 Schwinn Le Tour, 1989 Schwinn Circuit, 1989 Trek 1500, 2013 Wabi Classic, 2016 Trek Emonda ALR 5, 2021 Steel RSD Middlechild

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Buyer here, I had been looking for a circuit in my size for a couple years and when I saw one reasonably priced and in my area I had to jump on it. Just swapped over a saddle, pedals and a new chain. It rides great, light and comfortable. Already put 50 miles on it and can’t wait to add more.
Likes For danm65:
Old 08-07-22, 03:39 PM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1125 Post(s)
Liked 249 Times in 200 Posts
The Circuit is a fine bike, it has some vintage value IF it has all the original components on it and those components stay on it. Sure, you could make a tiny bit more parting it out, but so what? You've ruined the value of the vintage value of the bike as a whole. Even if you put some other component model on the frame all you've done is bastardize the bike,

Leave it stock, if it doesn't fit either sell it as it is, or find someone that has another vintage bike in your size that is willing to make a trade, or give it some close friend that would fit it and who would be appreciative of such a fine bike.

Over the years I've found bikes in dumpsters, cleaned them up, fixed them up, and gave them away. Sure, I could have made $50 to as much as $250 or so each by selling them, sometimes making someone smile with happiness and joy is more important than money. I took a Walmart kids bike camping with me to a state park, got the store manager's permission to park it outside with a free sign on it, it was gone in 45 minutes. There were a lot of children up there, and hopefully some child got it and is very happy with it. I could have sold it for $50 on Craigslist, but the hassle of doing all of that wasn't worth it to me; but I've given away bikes I checked on the internet with values running up to $250, so the amount being $50 or $250 isn't that important to me. I just mention that because you could have a family relative, or friend that is shorter in stature, and could be in need of bike that won't cost anything, just a thought.