Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Look Keo Blade Pedals neutral tilt

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-22, 06:58 AM
mikethe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi,

I just installed for the first time Look Keo Blade Pedals (previously I was MTB rider).
I've noticed that unlike what I typically see in clips, in neutral position the pedals are not "tilted with gravity" - which usually makes it's easier to clip-in.
Is it normal thing? Just temporal because the pedals are new? Or it shouldn't be that way, and it's an indication for missing lube inside?

Thanks,
Old 02-19-22, 07:24 AM
look566 rider

Bikes: Waterford R33, 2019 Infinito, Gunnar Roadie, 1999 Colnago Tecnos, '04 Cannondale Optimo 800 & '51 Rudge Sports, Colnago Tecnos, Tom Kellogg Merlin..

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 140 Times in 41 Posts
They will "break in" some with use and should start orienting for easy access.

I have used Look Keo style pedals for a long time, have them across all my road bikes and two pair of shoes being used currently. Like all pedal/cleats of this style, look at them if you have walked on soft earth. They will collect dirt that should be easy to clean out.

Good luck!
Old 02-20-22, 11:56 PM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2579 Post(s)
Liked 5,636 Times in 2,920 Posts
Originally Posted by look566 rider
They will "break in" some with use and should start orienting for easy access.

I have used Look Keo style pedals for a long time, have them across all my road bikes and two pair of shoes being used currently. Like all pedal/cleats of this style, look at them if you have walked on soft earth. They will collect dirt that should be easy to clean out.

Good luck!
I bought Carbon and standard KEOs and both creak like SOBs on climbs. I thought my bottom bracket was at fault but it’s definitely the KEOs after switching back to my old Deltas. How did you solve the creaking noise?

OP they will eventually center nose up to ease entry. Another tip I picked up to ease clipping in is to place a very small washer under the front most cleat screw to make it a tad bit lower.

Old 02-21-22, 06:47 PM
oris
I like speed

Bikes: Cannondale SuperSix Hi Mod, Specialized Allez Sprint, Bottecchia Emme 4 SL

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked 121 Times in 61 Posts
I've been using a pair of the Keo Blade Carbon for about 2 years. What you're describing is my one of gripe about them. The bearings are smooth and I've serviced them to make sure it wasn't contamination. However they don't always hang nose up for easy clip-in; they're otherwise a great pedal.