Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Mud riding and dog walking

Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-22, 09:42 AM
tallbikeman

Bikes: Modified 26 inch frame Schwinn Varsity with 700c wheels and 10 speed cassette hub. Ryan Vanguard recumbent. 67cm 27"x1 1/4" Schwinn Sports Tourer from the 1980's. 1980's 68cm Nishiki Sebring with 700c aero wheels, 30 speeds, flat bar bicycle.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 102 Posts

This morning we have a little bit of rain in the Sacramento area which brings on the mud. My dogs don't care about either of these events, they still want to walk. Several years ago I switched over to bikes with tires between 32mm and 40mm wide and got rid of all my MTB's. These tire widths of mine have to survive the mud also so here are some pictures of my 27" x 1 1/4" Gatorskin front Marathon rear starting to have mud stick. I turned around right after these pictures. The levee road has roadbase but the local 4 wheelers have torn it up in places and that is where the mud is. Even my MTB's could not go through here when its really wet and clingy muddy. The bicycle is a 1980-81 Schwinn Sports Tourer that fits my 6'5" size well.

Frame bag is lowered because I carry this on a bike rack when I bring my dogs to this walking area and it doesn't bother me while pedaling at 3mph with the dogs.
Likes For tallbikeman: