Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+) > Pills and Ills
Reload this Page >

Cardiac Arrhythmia

Notices
Pills and Ills This is a discussion subforum for the health challenges faced by riders 50+. These discussions are in no way to be considered professional medical advice.

Cardiac Arrhythmia

Old 11-10-22, 07:01 AM
peterws

Bikes: Carrera Virtuoso and friend

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 38 Posts
Your medical man can advise whether the Holter was necessary or not; the insurance company would lose a Court hearing over this, and they know it. Get your solicitor to put in an additional claim for stress.

Good news for me of a sort. The Californian red (shiraz/merlot) of which I am so fond, is the cause of my fluctuations, and missed beats.
My Omron ECG machine says "Possible AFib" and the effect of one small glass will last more than a day.
My lad got me beer for my birthday, last month and I'd at last got round to drinking it. The difference was immediate.
Beer is good, Red wine is bad! For me that is. And I been doing this for years and years.
The rest of the wine went down the sink.
Old 12-29-22, 02:48 PM
Chuck M 
Happy With My Bikes

Bikes: Hi-Ten bike boomers, a Trek Domane and some projects

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 867 Post(s)
Liked 2,277 Times in 1,099 Posts
Finally got in to see a cardiologist today. The symptoms I was experiencing to get me there have lessened over the last few months to the point I considered cancelling today, but I kept the appointment as it had taken so long to get one. The EKG in the office looked good and the doctor did not hear anything that seemed to raise red flags for him. He was also not alarmed by the results of my Holter test so now neither am I. He said they could schedule me for an echo and stress test, but didn't indicate it was absolutely necessary. While he could not state that it was post COVID related, he did not rule it out.

Likes For Chuck M:
Old 01-03-23, 01:01 PM
reverborama
Broom Wagon Fodder

Bikes: Fuji Supreme; Kona Wo; Nashbar road frame custom build; Schwinn Varsity; Nishiki International; Schwinn Premis, Falcon Merckx, American Flyer muscle bike, Motobecane Mulekick

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 30 Posts
I've had AFIB for over 10 years which has been controlled well by Flecainide with no side effects. Around Thxgiving this year I started feeling crappy with long bouts of AFIB. After a trip to the ER and cardiologist, an echo-cardiogram diagnosed Pericarditis and detected fluid around the heart. Spent 3 days in the hospital (2 weeks ago) as about a liter was drained off. That hurt quite a bit, BTW. I feel pretty good now but I am taking heavy duty anti-inflammatories (Colchacine & high-dose Ibuprofen). A follow-up echo detected no addition fluid buildup so things look good. Just before I was released they did give me an IV of Magnesium so I will be looking into that. Next meeting with the cardiologist is in 10 days. Since it is quite icy here and my fatbike is in for a tune-up, I've been doing some 4-mile mall-walking stints to keep moving while I wait to jump back on the bike. Hopefully at the end of this I'm back where I was a couple of months ago!
Likes For reverborama: