Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Framebuilders
Reload this Page >

A Long Time Coming

Notices
Framebuilders Thinking about a custom frame? Lugged vs Fillet Brazed. Different Frame materials? Newvex or Pacenti Lugs? why get a custom Road, Mountain, or Track Frame? Got a question about framebuilding? Lets discuss framebuilding at it's finest.

A Long Time Coming

Old 04-13-21, 01:44 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,664 Times in 2,497 Posts
I didn't think of toe clips, not too many people use them on their mtb's. I think I would be a lot more likely to stay clipped in with toe clips and sneakers than platforms or STD.
In general, I think I would rather stay with the bike. Particularly hands, I always think about holding the bars when I'm crashing because I don't want to break my wrists.
Old 04-13-21, 03:48 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4172 Post(s)
Liked 3,791 Times in 2,270 Posts
Interesting as I've felt quite the opposite, I rather prefer to not be connected to the bike when crashing. I see more chance to twist connective tissues and have road rash become deeper in, perhaps, fewer locations. I have slid on road corners still attached to the pedals and really ground off a lot of skin on the hips and knee sides. I've ended up being bent over my bars, feet still on the pedals after a frontal "stop". The only hand injury I can remember was on a MtB (at the same venue but on a different trail) when I did the wrong thing, I reached out to break my fall with my hands, that was the last time I was trying clippless pedals (Shimanos) and my feet remained attached.

But falls are so hard to predict how they will go and what will happen. The best way is to not fall (sometimes easier said then done) Andy (stating the obvious before some troll does)
Old 04-14-21, 06:51 PM
trailangel

Bikes: Schwinn Varsity

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1931 Post(s)
Liked 741 Times in 421 Posts
Wow.. just started reading this. What a nice build......6 months start to wrecking the bike! Sounds like you dropped off the wrong side of a trail. Very lucky. Stay with us....
Likes For trailangel: