Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Yo,... What it do.

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Yo,... What it do.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-21, 02:37 AM
Mike Disco

Bikes: 2 fixedgear, team fuji tt bike(1985) , Schwinn road bike vintage

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yo,... What it do.

They call me Mike Disco and I'm in Tampa FL. I'm 55 years old and I've been riding bikes since I was 10. Since like of 2000 I've been dwelling deep into the bike culture in all facets of the game. My latest bike I've been riding is an origin 8 fixedgear that I found in my apartment complex not running and rebuilt it. I got my first fixedgear eight years back. I would ride it off and on but in the last three years I've been riding it more and the last 2 it's pretty much been fixedgear. I have two different gear ratios. My first one was 53-13, and my second one is 53-15. Yes I know my gear ratios are crazy but it's all about you and what your comfortable with. I have two road bikes as well but my favorite is fixed. One is an old Schwinn and the other is a pursuit geo frame from team fuji. Last one built in Japan. It still has it's original crackle paint job. I got it for a steel deal. I love all kinds of bikes and riding all kinds to though out the years. I guess you could say I've practically lived my life one day at a time on a bike. At the top me I'm studying the mechanics of bikes as well as frame building and the difference between steel and aluminum,... Carbon fiber too. In my city I'm call the bike guru cause not to many people are as well rounded aout bikes as I am. Everything from mechanics
Old 07-08-21, 02:50 AM
FBOATSB

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 912 Post(s)
Liked 515 Times in 344 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I worked for a few years on Rattlesnake Point in Port Tampa. Sort of remember the region down there.
(Back in the '90s)

Last edited by FBOATSB; 07-08-21 at 02:59 AM.
Old 07-09-21, 02:22 AM
Xrayglasses325
Gosu

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bonjour
Old 07-29-21, 03:27 PM
Mike Disco

Bikes: 2 fixedgear, team fuji tt bike(1985) , Schwinn road bike vintage

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yo,... What it do.

Peace everyone. How is everything with everybody. This is my first time being on a forum and I'm digging it. So much information here. I'm really excited to be here. I see Ivan expand my mind with so much information and everyone's experience with bikes. I'm 55 and I have 2 fixedgear. One has a gear ratio of 53-13, the other is 53-15 no brakes. And yes I can skid very well. I also have a 1985 pursuit geo tt bike. The guy I bought it from said it was the last one built in Japan. It's a team Fuji. I got a Schwinn road bike from either79 or '80. It was given to me but it's a little to big for me but I still ride it so it's not sitting around the house gathering dust. I just got a new fixedgear from Japan. All black with trispokes. Got a really good deal on it cause it came with lights, straps, tires, tubes, handlebar tape, posts handlebars, brakes ( not gonna use them on trispokes, rim rub makes them look bad) tools and a spare cog and lockring. Oh yes I got a lock too. And the chain is a heavy-duty chain. I forgot the name but if I'm able to post it I will. I do Uber Eats on my bike in Tampa. Where I live has alot of deep inclines and declines so riding fixed is a challenge and I love it. Most people can't ride 92 gear inches ( if that's correct) on hills but my legs are strong from so many years of riding. I just really discovered fixed a few years back. And now that's pretty much all I ride. But I do take out the other bikes every once I. A while. But I love fixed. Fixedgear riding is not to popular in Tampa, but in Clearwater( which is across the bridge ) has a fixed culture of it's own. No matter because I don't follow no one, I blaze my own paths. I'm a loner sorry,... A rebel( from Pee Week's big adventure). Just wanted to tell you a little about nyself. See you on my next post. 🌀
Old 07-30-21, 04:19 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3089 Post(s)
Liked 6,587 Times in 3,777 Posts
welcome

Old 07-30-21, 04:23 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3089 Post(s)
Liked 6,587 Times in 3,777 Posts
merged duplicate threads

Old 08-02-21, 09:51 AM
EricWade
Black Eyed Dog.

Bikes: 80’s / 90’s Mystery Machine.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)