Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

test

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-20, 01:42 PM
talhaaz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
HELP - 1st bike

Hi All bike experts,

Please help me in making a decision. I'm purchasing my first bike and the seller is asking for $900 if bike is purchased today, please suggest if it is a good price for the bike below.

Scott gravel bike size 54, I’m 5’11, it fits so well . pretty light, built with aluminum frame and carbon fork. All components like new condition , ride less than 200 miles on it, never went off road. back issue make me quit riding about 2 years. Most time of it just hang in my garage. Ulterga components group set except FSA crank.DT SWISS wheel set . U can check the condition of all them from pics. Almost list every detail of it Everything works prefect , most comfy bike I ever had. definitely no dent and never crashed. all u see in pics is all u get.

I cannot post like or photos since I'm a newbie ( they have a policy newbie cannot post links until 10 posts or something like that ).

Last edited by talhaaz; 06-20-20 at 01:47 PM. Reason: I was testing my first post
Old 06-20-20, 03:14 PM
philbob57

Bikes: frankenbike based on MKM frame

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked 611 Times in 376 Posts
I assume that's what the current owner says. Can you actually see and ride the bike or do you have to buy from the photos? Do you know enough to evaluate the claims? Would you recognize a problem if the bike has one?

What year is the bike from?

And what will he do if he doesn't sell today? Raise the price?

I note he says 'Everything works prefect.' Is that a way of saying 'it works prefect, not perfect.'?

It fits him 'so well', but will it fit you?
Likes For philbob57:
Old 06-20-20, 08:12 PM
talhaaz

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hi PhilBob,

I got the bike paid $750 for it (after negotiation). It is scott-cx-team-2011 with all original parts (what do you think?).

It is in almost new condition, I ride it back home after purchasing almost 4 miles and everything seems fine (front brake needs to be tightened up a little).

The bike fits me perfect, in fact I had to get the seat lowered a little bit ( might raise it again after some experience I'm 6"1)

I had a friend checked out the bike ( he knows a little bit) and he told me everything is good.

I need to learn a little bit on how to switch gears etc, will learn it as I go along since I plan to ride it regularly.

Any suggestions for me?
Old 06-20-20, 09:23 PM
Tacoenthusiast

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 223 Times in 84 Posts
I'm a similar height and I ride a 58cm, 54 seems small so I hope you can make it fit you properly

Also are you going to ride gravel? If not be aware a gravel bike will be a little slower than a traditional road bike, not like 3 mph slower but it will be a measurable difference. It should be more comfortable though.
Old 06-20-20, 11:35 PM
talhaaz

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tacoenthusiast
I'm a similar height and I ride a 58cm, 54 seems small so I hope you can make it fit you properly

Also are you going to ride gravel? If not be aware a gravel bike will be a little slower than a traditional road bike, not like 3 mph slower but it will be a measurable difference. It should be more comfortable though.
Hi Tacoenthusiast,

I measured it after bringing it home, it is more like a 55.5 cm bike but it seems to be fine for me, maybe because I don't have much experience anyway. I will adjust the seat tomorrow after riding it for an hour or so.

Yes, I will be riding gravel. I realize gravel are a little slower then road bikes (like you said). However, I would not be riding much fast anyway especially in the beginning.

I just hope this bike lasts me at least few years, I'm planning on riding it everyday at least for an hour .
Likes For talhaaz: