Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > BMX
Reload this Page >

Can you help me identify this BMX

Search
Notices
BMX Dirt, vert, flatland or street? Drop in the BMX forum to talk to other 20" riders around the world. What is the best BMX bicycle for you? Learn all about it here.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-21, 07:56 AM
homeless in ca.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 41 Posts

I've been looking at used bikes for myself and happened upon this BMX for my kid. But she's still too small and not used to the hand brakes. TBH if I can get some money for it and buy her a new scooter that would be great. She likes going to the skatepark and her old scooter is shot and she knows what the big kids have is better.

I can't find a number on this bike or anything. It says "HURRICANE" on the frame and "PRO" on the fork. I did some searching online and found a BMX forum with some English bikes called hurricane and the fork of this bike looks very similar to those ones. The brakes are like the ones I had growing up in the 80's. Tires are pretty old and cracked. But pedals feel plasticky and the crank doesn't spin that great. I might take it all apart to clean and pack the bearings but would help to now what I have. With no numbers on the frame I'm guessing it's a clone or something. Still a nice bike though. We spent the afternoon cleaning it up.

Also want to know what size it is but I couldn't find anything definitive online. Tires are 20x2.25". The top tube measures 18". And the height from the center of the crank to the top of the frame is 12".

Merci.

Pics are in my galleries.
Old 03-31-21, 10:11 AM
cbrstar
BMX Connoisseur

Bikes: 1988 Kuwahara Newport, 1983 Nishiki, 1984 Diamond Back Viper, 1991 Dyno Compe

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 108 Times in 69 Posts
Are you from Canada? It's a department store bike from "the Bay" and it was made back in the 1980's. It would have been a decent beginners bike meant to compete with the likes of Murray and Kent.
Likes For cbrstar:
Old 03-31-21, 10:32 AM
homeless in ca.

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 41 Posts
Originally Posted by cbrstar
Are you from Canada? It's a department store bike from "the Bay" and it was made back in the 1980's. It would have been a decent beginners bike meant to compete with the likes of Murray and Kent.
Yes I'm in Montréal. I figured it was a department store bike from Canadian Tire or something like that. But still kind of cool that its this old. The HBC had some good stuff back in the day.

I had a Raleigh 10 speed when I was a kid my mom paid like 10 bucks for it at a garage sale. Some of my friends had bmx bikes and I was jealous. But my ten speed was fast and when we went to "the jumps" that Raleigh would go airborne.
Old 04-06-21, 09:05 AM
osiris419

Bikes: 2014 Specialized Allez, Trek Farley, Trek Crockett, Deluxe Team dirt jump BMX, SE Draft, S&M ATF, S&M L.A.M.F., S&M PBR, BSD TrailOrPark, SE Vans PK Ripper

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts
It looks like it could be an Akisu built frame from Taiwan. They built frames for a lot of companies like Diamond Back and Red Line.