Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Rivindell Clem Smith w Bafang bbshd

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-21, 09:10 PM
LeeG

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 64 Posts

Just got it together and getting familiar with it. I’m 65, lost 30 lbs in the last half year but where I am in hilly rural country there’s no way I could get around on my own steam. The dirt roads and trails are 10%-15% in places.
Anyway I’m smiling. Don’t feel guilty about the boost. I can see front shocks being a good idea for this much hp going fast but I need it mostly for getting up hills instead of bombing down them.
If anyone is thinking of mounting one of these and have done a bb replacement before it’s all easy. The Luna Eclipse chainring and spider are worth getting. It’s good to be back in the saddle again.
Likes For LeeG:
Old 08-17-21, 11:29 PM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 813 Times in 614 Posts
Great model bike; I'd be interested except they spend too much time on politics instead of bikes.Be interesting to see what fork is available for a 1" threaded headset.
Old 08-18-21, 05:19 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3657 Post(s)
Liked 5,393 Times in 2,738 Posts
Pics please
Old 08-18-21, 09:01 AM
late

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 12188 Post(s)
Liked 1,494 Times in 1,106 Posts
My wife has a Rivendell, a Bleriot.

She loves it, they make a nice bike. I am not an expert at this stuff. So these are just suggestions. I have a Redshift shock absorbing stem on my bike. It doesn't work as well as regular shocks, but it's light and doesn't need maintanance.

There is a thing that you can put on your bike to make the rear stiffer to better handle the motor. Rivendell likes long chainstays, so their rear triangle might have a bit more flex. You could ask about it on the mechanics forum.

If you do switch forks, consider getting one that can take a disc brake..
Old 08-19-21, 03:24 PM
Korina
Happy banana slug

Location: Arcata, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way

Bikes: 1984 Araya MB 261, 1992 Specialized Rockhopper Sport, 1993 Hard Rock Ultra, 1994 Trek Multitrack 750, 1995 Trek Singletrack 930

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 1532 Post(s)
Liked 1,527 Times in 915 Posts
Originally Posted by LeeG
Just got it together and getting familiar with it. I’m 65, lost 30 lbs in the last half year but where I am in hilly rural country there’s no way I could get around on my own steam. The dirt roads and trails are 10%-15% in places.
Anyway I’m smiling. Don’t feel guilty about the boost. I can see front shocks being a good idea for this much hp going fast but I need it mostly for getting up hills instead of bombing down them.
If anyone is thinking of mounting one of these and have done a bb replacement before it’s all easy. The Luna Eclipse chainring and spider are worth getting. It’s good to be back in the saddle again.
Pics?