Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Kenda Road Tires

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Kenda Road Tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-22, 09:40 AM
balirides

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kenda Road Tires

I've several good deals with Kenda road tires in my country.
Kenda Kriterium Endurance - 25c
Kenda Kountach Pro - 25/28c
Kenda Valkryie Pro - 25c

Because I am not a racer, Valkryie is not my option. Kriterium Endurance is my first option here. I prefer to run 28c, but if the tire does expand a lot with my 21mm internal wheels, than it's okay just like my Maxxis Pursuer. Unfortunately, just like the Kountach Pro series, i cannot find any review or data regarding both tires. Anyone here got experience with Kenda road tires? Or should I just buy Ultrasports III? Thanks.
Old 07-06-22, 09:48 AM
ThermionicScott 
working on my sandal tan

Bikes: 1991 Bianchi Eros, 1964 Armstrong, 1988 Diamondback Ascent, 1988 Bianchi Premio, 1987 Bianchi Sport SX, 1980s Raleigh mixte (hers), All-City Space Horse (hers)

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quoted: 3871 Post(s)
Liked 2,568 Times in 1,579 Posts
You don't need to be "a racer" to enjoy nice tires. Welcome to BF.
People in this forum are not typical.
RUSA #7498
Likes For ThermionicScott:
Old 07-06-22, 09:54 AM
balirides

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ThermionicScott
You don't need to be "a racer" to enjoy nice tires. Welcome to BF.
Thank you
Unfortunately, the money is little bit tight, so I am trying to get the best budget tires available.
Old 07-06-22, 11:57 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6193 Post(s)
Liked 4,809 Times in 3,317 Posts
I use to use Kenda's when that was the only tire sold locally for a 27" wheel. They are fine for what they are and maybe better than most of us want to imagine.

Most any of the name brand tires are good choices. We'll just encourage through various means, nicely or rudely to steer you to better higher priced models of those brands.

I've ridden the low end cheap tires long enough for many years before realizing in the last 12 years that there really is a difference worth the extra money of what you are calling a tire for racers.

And better tires aren't really that much more money. But if you don't ride frequently enough to be thought of as a cycling fanatic, you might not be able to tell the differences yet.
Old 07-06-22, 04:36 PM
cyclebycle13
Super WW

Bikes: A really light one and a really heavy one.

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 15 Posts
I've used all 3, in 25 mm. I can't help with the width of the tires, but I would say your best bet is the endurance. One poster referred to these as low-end tires - they are not. The endurance are fairly light and quite durable. The kountach pro is not durable in any way, shape or form. The valkyrie is incredibly light - durability isn't bad for its weight, but not great. The best combo I used was a valkyrie front and kountach endurance rear.
Old 07-06-22, 07:57 PM
balirides

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclebycle13
I've used all 3, in 25 mm. I can't help with the width of the tires, but I would say your best bet is the endurance. One poster referred to these as low-end tires - they are not. The endurance are fairly light and quite durable. The kountach pro is not durable in any way, shape or form. The valkyrie is incredibly light - durability isn't bad for its weight, but not great. The best combo I used was a valkyrie front and kountach endurance rear.
True, even the Kriterium Endurance is listed with 120 TPI and it's only USD15 in my country, making it attractive. Thanks for the feedback
Old 07-06-22, 08:13 PM
koala logs
Banned.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 170 Times in 140 Posts
Originally Posted by balirides
Thank you
Unfortunately, the money is little bit tight, so I am trying to get the best budget tires available.
If money is tight and you don't mind being slower, better go with long-lasting puncture-resistant urban tires like Schwalbe Marathons or Panaracer Ribmos.

I can vouch for the Ribmos as the most budget-friendly tire I ever had. It only costs $20. It's made in Japan, looks good like a proper road tire with slick tread pattern. It lasted me for 7000 miles so far and still using it. Not a single puncture in all those 7k miles despite riding a lot of it near "shady neighborhoods" with lots of broken glass on the streets from colliding cars and booze bottles thrown on the streets. I also managed to extend the useful life of the tire by rotating the tires every 1500 miles.

I think Panaracers are globally available but also susceptible to the global bike part supply shortages.
Old 07-07-22, 09:42 AM
popeye

Bikes: S works Tarmac, Felt TK2 track

Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked 179 Times in 111 Posts
Originally Posted by balirides
Thank you
Tires are the last place you want to save money on a bike.
Old 07-07-22, 09:52 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6193 Post(s)
Liked 4,809 Times in 3,317 Posts
Originally Posted by koala logs
If money is tight and you don't mind being slower, better go with long-lasting puncture-resistant urban tires like Schwalbe Marathons or Panaracer Ribmos.
I suppose if someone is constantly flatting from tread punctures that might be the way to go. But my GP5000's are only 5 bucks more than what I see those tires listed for and I get reasonably good ride and they don't take much leg muscle to make them go. And in my area they don't flat. I don't mind buying tires every two or three years.
Old 07-07-22, 10:09 AM
SoSmellyAir
Method to My Madness

Bikes: Trek FX 2, Cannondale Synapse, Cannondale CAAD4, Santa Cruz Stigmata GRX

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1944 Post(s)
Liked 1,468 Times in 1,017 Posts
Originally Posted by popeye
Tires are the last place you want to save money on a bike.
This goes for any road going vehicle.
Old 07-07-22, 10:10 PM
koala logs
Banned.

Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 170 Times in 140 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
I suppose if someone is constantly flatting from tread punctures that might be the way to go. But my GP5000's are only 5 bucks more than what I see those tires listed for and I get reasonably good ride and they don't take much leg muscle to make them go. And in my area they don't flat. I don't mind buying tires every two or three years.
Unfortunately, I do. Lots of broken glass shards littering the streets and chicken wire strands too, wtf!

I try my best to avoid rolling over those but often, I get distracted by traffic or too many riders around me to make evasive actions and have no choice but to roll over them and hope for the best and not get hull breach! Ribmos are the best bang for the buck option under the the situation.