Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Show me your cat

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Show me your cat

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-17, 04:01 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,981 Times in 1,775 Posts
Thor The Thunder God when he was just a little cloudburst....

And now in his full raging glory...ummmm... well.....

Old 03-21-17, 01:46 AM
gaucho777 

Bikes: '72 Cilo Pacer, '72 Gitane Gran Tourisme, '72 Peugeot PX10, '73 Speedwell Ti, '74 Peugeot UE-8, '75 Peugeot PR-10L, '80 Colnago Super, '85 De Rosa Pro, '86 Look Equipe 753, '86 Look KG86, '89 Parkpre Team, '90 Parkpre Team MTB, '90 Merlin

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 831 Post(s)
Liked 2,124 Times in 554 Posts
@tyler_fred sorry to hear that. My condolences (or best wishes if s/he survived).
Old 03-22-17, 11:53 AM
Greggster

Bikes: 80/90's Specialized Crossroads (3), '91 Miyata Triplecross, '91 Bianchi Boardwalk, 2002 Schwinn Frontier, 2002 Gary Fisher Tarpon, 2009 Trek FX 7.2, 2014 Motobecane 400 HT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
We call him Turtle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Turtle:Bike Web1.jpg (89.1 KB, 235 views)
Old 03-23-17, 06:55 PM
Hoss Cartright

Bikes: Schwinns, lots of them. Some Paramounts

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
This is an image from yesterday, March 22nd 2017 - Runtly was born on August the 31st 1995. He is 21 years and seven months. He has been healthy his entire life, has never been overweight. He hears, he sees, he eats, he is somewhat active, but he does sleep a lot. He goes to the vet every few months and Dr. Morris says he is amazing. He is very fragile and we are very careful with him, but he does well for being so old. He is by far the oldest cat we have ever had. Every single day is a gift and he has known that he is loved every single day of his life. We will be sad when his day comes, but he is so far beyond the norm, we will also celebrate him as a life lived to its absolute fullest.
Attached Images
Runtly_2017_MArch_22.jpg (56.4 KB, 219 views)
Old 03-23-17, 07:01 PM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,581 Times in 2,342 Posts
Originally Posted by Hoss Cartright
Runtly
awesome!
Old 03-23-17, 09:40 PM
Jeff Wills
Insane Bicycle Mechanic

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 802 Post(s)
Liked 703 Times in 376 Posts
^^^ Dagnabit, we need a "Like" button.

Comcast nuked my web page. It will return soon..
Old 03-24-17, 11:44 AM
Peugeotlover

Bikes: '72 Peugeot PX-10; '74 Raleigh International; '87 Specialized RockHopper; '88 Specialized StumpJumper; '02 Cannondale Scalpel

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
If I tear up these carpeted steps with my claws, that should get some attention.
Attached Images
DSCF1119 (2).jpg (95.9 KB, 202 views)
Old 03-24-17, 12:02 PM
juvela

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3807 Post(s)
Liked 3,331 Times in 2,173 Posts
Originally Posted by Peugeotlover
If I tear up these carpeted steps with my claws, that should get some attention.
Appears kitty has quite a detailed and lengthy "to do" list they are working on.

-----
Old 03-24-17, 12:19 PM
Peugeotlover

Bikes: '72 Peugeot PX-10; '74 Raleigh International; '87 Specialized RockHopper; '88 Specialized StumpJumper; '02 Cannondale Scalpel

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Well, yeaaah!

A cat gets thirsty and needs some water.
Attached Images
DSCF1116 (6).jpg (95.8 KB, 201 views)
Old 03-24-17, 04:14 PM
Poguemahone
Vello Kombi, baby

Bikes: 1973 Eisentraut; 1970s Richard Sachs; 1978 Alfio Bonnano; 1967 Peugeot PX10

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
I am a dog person. My wife and I were walking our dogs in a local park when my wife briefly disappeared and then emerged from the Azelea gardens holding a fiercely meowing tortiseshell type kitten. The cat quickly adapted to living with four dogs, accompanying us on walks about the neighborhood and learning to play fetch and come when called.

About a year later, a small starved kitten showed up on the doorstep of my studio. An elderly neighbor and I began feeding her. It took awhile to convince her we were okay and over a month later I caught her and got her to the vet, just before a big snowstorm. We figured she'd been living on the street for about three months; she was five months old when I took her to the vet.

We were worried the second cat would be outdoorsy and not friendly, but she turned out to be quite the homebody and does not like to go outside much. We were also worried she and the first cat wouldn't get along, but they might as well be littermates, they're so close. It's taken her awhile to get used to the dogs, but I caught her affectionately rubbing up against out Fiest (read: mutt) terrier (who we found in the garbage) just yesterday.

Waste your money! Buy my comic book!
Old 03-24-17, 09:51 PM
Jeff Wills
Insane Bicycle Mechanic

^^^ Hard to tell where one cat ends and the other starts.

Old 03-24-17, 10:01 PM
juvela

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Quoted: 3807 Post(s)
Liked 3,331 Times in 2,173 Posts
-----

Wonderful picture!

Just look at that LOVE.

-----
Old 03-25-17, 08:32 AM
rootboy 

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 556 Post(s)
Liked 132 Times in 78 Posts
I love seeing and hearing about old survivors. Runtly. Old, scruffy, frail and skinny. What a handsome guy.
On that note, a sad email from good pal Auchencrow the other day. He doesn't post here anymore. But we exchange emails every so often. Auchencrow is a cat lover. Has five of them I think, and takes care of a couple of ferals. John informed me the other day his beloved old pal Maytag is not long for this world. We all know how difficult and sad that can be. I think he told me Maytag is close to 25 years old! Amazing for a domestic cat.
Not sure he'd be pleased with me posting this but, those of us who know John know he's a swell guy so... Here's to Auchen'. My thoughts are with you, and Maytag.

This is an image from yesterday, March 22nd 2017 - Runtly was born on August the 31st 1995. He is 21 years and seven months. He has been healthy his entire life, has never been overweight. He hears, he sees, he eats, he is somewhat active, but he does sleep a lot. He goes to the vet every few months and Dr. Morris says he is amazing. He is very fragile and we are very careful with him, but he does well for being so old. He is by far the oldest cat we have ever had. Every single day is a gift and he has known that he is loved every single day of his life. We will be sad when his day comes, but he is so far beyond the norm, we will also celebrate him as a life lived to its absolute fullest.
Old 03-25-17, 08:48 AM
rootboy 

Cat anecdote. No pictures. We have two cats. One is a laid back, funny girl who came from the streets of Beijing. She's a sweet cat with a vast vocabulary and is very relaxed.
The other, however, is very..."sketchy", for lack of a better term. Friendly sometimes, but aloof and always on guard. Could be her past in the shelter. She is very territorial. It took her two months to accept the new cat from China. Though "tolerate" is more accurate. They get along OK. But Minky would rather just be left alone.

Anyway, the other night I'm laying in bed reading and I hear a sound that curdled my blood. For a split second I couldn't figure out what the hell it was. A long, loud and very scary scream! In the next split second, as I jumped up, my thought was "what is killing my cat!?"

I run out into the dining room where she has her basket perched up on my old Chinese table, to find her crouching on the ground, tail as big as a bottle brush, growling and staring out the back sliding door from eight feet away. I look there and see two beady eyes.

I flipped on the light to the back deck to find two HUGE raccoons, one staring in the glass door, one up on the deck rail close by. I guess it's been a while since I've seen a raccoon, and maybe never one this close, but I was struck by their size. These animals were as big as a medium sized dog. I opened the door and shooed them away, but it took some doing.

At any rate, I never thought a cat could utter such a loud and scary sound. It sounded like something, or someone, being murdered. I have never heard a sound like that in my life, from a cat or otherwise. And hope I never do again.

Last edited by rootboy; 03-25-17 at 08:51 AM.
Old 03-25-17, 09:29 AM
rootboy 

She doesn't look that tough. But I'd hate to tangle with her if she was defending her territory.
Old 03-25-17, 03:24 PM
AlexCyclistRoch
The Infractionator

Bikes: Classic road bikes: 1986 Cannondale, 1978 Trek

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reminds me a bit of "Furry", my first cat (hey, I was 5 when I named him, gimme a break). He lived to be 19, and had that look of fierce determination in his eyes that seems common to those who have lived to be fairly independent even at a great age. In his younger days, he was the scourge of the neighborhood, despite his smallish size, and quite a mouse-catcher as well.
Old 03-26-17, 12:42 PM
RichSPK

Bikes: Dawes Lightning DLX, 1988 Klein Performance, 1991 Peugeot Safari, 1985 Raleigh Alyeska, Carrera Phantom, 1973 Raleigh Record

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 92 Posts
Easy like Sunday morning:

Indy's on the left, Kathryn on the right. Kathryn is Indy's mother. I don't know how old she is, but I took her in as an adult in 2007. She's pretty frail these days, but she still tears around the house occasionally and has a good appetite, and she likes attention more than ever.

Here's a picture of Kathryn before I took her in, in 2007:
Cats by Richard Klein, on Flickr

Indy was born in 2008:
Young'un by Richard Klein, on Flickr
Old 04-03-17, 08:49 PM
thinktubes 
weapons-grade bolognium

Bikes: Battaglin Cromor, Ciocc Designer 84, Schwinn Superior 1981

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 985 Post(s)
Liked 2,378 Times in 891 Posts
Damien didn't poop for 5 days. Had to take him into the "shop".

He's back to normal now, but you can see the simmering rage in his eye (taken on the way home from the vet)

Old 04-03-17, 10:57 PM
Jeff Wills
Insane Bicycle Mechanic

Originally Posted by rootboy
Cat anecdote.

<snip>

I flipped on the light to the back deck to find two HUGE raccoons, one staring in the glass door, one up on the deck rail close by. I guess it's been a while since I've seen a raccoon, and maybe never one this close, but I was struck by their size. These animals were as big as a medium sized dog. I opened the door and shooed them away, but it took some doing.

At any rate, I never thought a cat could utter such a loud and scary sound. It sounded like something, or someone, being murdered. I have never heard a sound like that in my life, from a cat or otherwise. And hope I never do again.

A couple mornings ago both Mango and Pumpkin were staring out the back glass when I woke up. When I looked closely, a masked pair of eyes were looking in at them. I suspect it was a young raccoon- it was smaller than Mango (who's around 20 pounds now), but I wasn't about to open the door for it.

Old 04-04-17, 02:10 AM
sw_rs

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Old 04-04-17, 04:50 AM
ColonelSanders
Banned.

Bikes: 2017 Surly Troll with XT Drive Train, 2017 Merida Big Nine XT Edition, 2016 Giant Toughroad SLR 2, 1995 Trek 830

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1916 Post(s)
Liked 310 Times in 218 Posts
Originally Posted by thinktubes
Damien didn't poop for 5 days. Had to take him into the "shop".

He's back to normal now, but you can see the simmering rage in his eye (taken on the way home from the vet)

Did he give you a scratch?
Old 04-06-17, 04:33 AM
rootboy 

That's a great story right there. Love that pic. Wish my cats were that cozy with each other. But, no.

Originally Posted by Poguemahone
I am a dog person. My wife and I were walking our dogs in a local park when my wife briefly disappeared and then emerged from the Azelea gardens holding a fiercely meowing tortiseshell type kitten. The cat quickly adapted to living with four dogs, accompanying us on walks about the neighborhood and learning to play fetch and come when called.

About a year later, a small starved kitten showed up on the doorstep of my studio. An elderly neighbor and I began feeding her. It took awhile to convince her we were okay and over a month later I caught her and got her to the vet, just before a big snowstorm. We figured she'd been living on the street for about three months; she was five months old when I took her to the vet.

We were worried the second cat would be outdoorsy and not friendly, but she turned out to be quite the homebody and does not like to go outside much. We were also worried she and the first cat wouldn't get along, but they might as well be littermates, they're so close. It's taken her awhile to get used to the dogs, but I caught her affectionately rubbing up against out Fiest (read: mutt) terrier (who we found in the garbage) just yesterday.

Old 04-06-17, 04:43 AM
0ne

Bikes: Novara, Schwinn, Scott, Motobecane, Trek

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rootboy
You're allright Tom...

This cat is beautiful, reminds me of my Dylan. Ill put up some pics as soon as I finish wrapping my bars
Old 04-06-17, 06:45 AM
SJX426 

Bikes: '65 Frejus TDF, '73 Bottecchia Giro d'Italia, '83 Colnago Superissimo, '84 Trek 610, '84 Trek 760, '88 Pinarello Veneto, '88 De Rosa Pro, '89 Pinarello Montello, '94 Burley Duet, 97 Specialized RockHopper, 2010 Langster, Tern Link D8

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 1607 Post(s)
Liked 2,216 Times in 1,103 Posts
@rootboy Your description of Minky sound like attributes of a feral cat that has accepted living in a domestic environment. I can say that because we have one that we kept. My wife feeds feral colonies along with TNR (trap, neuter, release). One of the females gave birth just before she was TNR'd. We didn't know at the time. When she came back for food after release, she brought 4 kittens with her!

We TNR'd all 4 and found a home for one, kept one and released the others. Should have kept one we release, a beautiful cream, and let the one we kept go. Creamy is very laid back and would have acclimated well. Daphnie has not. At leas with me. She only lets me pet her when I am in bed or sitting on the throne! She has totally taken to my wife, who can rub her tummy while she is on her back.

A couple of pages ago, I introduced General Lee. He has turned out to be an inhibited, demanding attention dude. Great personality who use to meow in the wild and nows growls/groans to communicate. I will have to video his sounds. He has feline aids, a bad kidney and no teeth! It will be interesting to experience the rest of his life.
[IMG]P1040747, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited by SJX426; 04-06-17 at 06:48 AM.
Old 04-06-17, 08:20 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,581 Times in 2,342 Posts
got our 1st tick of the season ... Grrrr .... gotta get he collars on them. 1 freaks, so she gets the drops

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.