Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Bike computers and Galaxy Note 10+

Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Old 05-16-21, 11:37 AM
Elbeinlaw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 68 Posts

I have a Galaxy Note 10+ cell phone connecting through MapmyRide via LTE. I have a wireless Xoss as my onboard computer. It picks up input from my Bontrager Duotrap. My Xoss is OK--price was certainly right--but the screen is really small. My critical need in a bike computer is cadence (I know it's not everybody's thing, but it is mine.)

I'm wondering if anyone has a Note 10+ connected to the bikes data through Duotrap? If so, what software do you use? (At one time, Strava connected via DuoTrop, but apparently no more.)

Also ... is there a way to keep the Note 10+ ON? Mine self-times-out and none of the add on apps I've tried solve that little riddle.
Old 05-16-21, 09:29 PM
atwl77
Kamen Rider

Bikes: Fuji Transonic Elite, Marechal Soul Ultimate, Dahon Dash Altena

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked 277 Times in 164 Posts
I can't help you with most of the stuff you mention since I don't have and use them, but as a general note, Samsung has updated the power management behavior on their phones recently and the new policies are pretty aggressive. You may want to try putting some of the apps you are using under "Never sleeping apps" to prevent the OS from messing with them.