Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

2021 Madone SLR7 & Garmin

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-21, 06:22 AM
jdemay

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hi All,

I've just picked up my new bike, a Trek Madone 2021 SLR7 eTap. I have a question, (well a couple actually).

I'm a owner of a Garmin Edge 830, a Garmin Varia Front Light, and a Garmin Rearview Light and Radar (Garmin Varia RTL515 Rearview Radar with Taillight).

The Bike came with a mount for the Edge Computer, but normally the Front Light is mounted underneath the computer using double sided mount that enables the Varia Light to twist the be mounted essentially underneath the Cycling computer. Is there such a Mount somewhere for the SLR.

Also and even more importantly.

The Mount provided by Garmin is for a Round Shaped seat post. However the Seatpost on the Madone is not round-shaped, it's kind of triangular, so the Garmin provided mount does not work.

I'm sure that people use the Garmin Radar with a Madone-type Bike ? how do you go about securing the Radar on your Madone Bike ?

And last question: THe Sales guy when I placed my order assured me that the SRAM AXS system would act both as a PowerMeter and as a Cadence sensor, The power meter works, but the Garmin doesn't pickup any cadence sensor.

Was he just wrong? Or is the Trek SLR7 eTap is supposed to include this feature, and something is wrong with my bike?

Thanks in advance for your insights.
Old 08-17-21, 07:18 AM
dbf73
TFO

Bikes: Trek Emonda SL7 eTap, Felt AR-B, Colnago Master Mapei

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 7 Posts
My Varia came w several different shaped pads and inserts and one should work with the aero post. I get cadence info from the power meter on my Emonda SL7 etap which I assume is the same power meter you have. Perhaps delete the sensor and re pair. Good luck
Likes For dbf73:
Old 08-17-21, 07:55 AM
SapInMyBlood
Enthusiastic Sufferer

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Roubaix, 2014 Salsa Fargo, 2013 Trek Remedy, 2014 Cannondale Synapse

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked 311 Times in 107 Posts
Originally Posted by jdemay
Hi All,

I've just picked up my new bike, a Trek Madone 2021 SLR7 eTap. I have a question, (well a couple actually).

I'm a owner of a Garmin Edge 830, a Garmin Varia Front Light, and a Garmin Rearview Light and Radar (Garmin Varia RTL515 Rearview Radar with Taillight).

The Bike came with a mount for the Edge Computer, but normally the Front Light is mounted underneath the computer using double sided mount that enables the Varia Light to twist the be mounted essentially underneath the Cycling computer. Is there such a Mount somewhere for the SLR.

Also and even more importantly.

The Mount provided by Garmin is for a Round Shaped seat post. However the Seatpost on the Madone is not round-shaped, it's kind of triangular, so the Garmin provided mount does not work.

I'm sure that people use the Garmin Radar with a Madone-type Bike ? how do you go about securing the Radar on your Madone Bike ?

And last question: THe Sales guy when I placed my order assured me that the SRAM AXS system would act both as a PowerMeter and as a Cadence sensor, The power meter works, but the Garmin doesn't pickup any cadence sensor.

Was he just wrong? Or is the Trek SLR7 eTap is supposed to include this feature, and something is wrong with my bike?

Thanks in advance for your insights.
Put a cadence field in your Garmin data screen and it should auto populate with data from the power meter. No, it won't show up or detect as a separate cadence sensor
Likes For SapInMyBlood:
Old 08-17-21, 10:14 AM
biker128pedal

Bikes: 2022 Fuel EX 8, 2021 Domane SL6, Black Beta (Nashbar frame), 2004 Trek 1000C for the trainer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked 447 Times in 266 Posts
For the Varia radar Your Madone should have come with a rear reflector seat post mount. If not Trek should have one. Then there is a 3D printed adapter for the Varia. I have one from the 3D printer service thing I found on the web. I’d have to look it up but shipped it was like fifty bucks. Not cheap. There is a 3D printed mount for the seat post they attaches in the seat post adjustment slot. Search the web.

Up front Trek sells a single and a double Blendr mount and adapters for various lights. If you have the Garmin Edge GPS mounted you may only have the single mount.

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/b...blendr_how_to/
Old 08-17-21, 05:54 PM
guachi

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 327 Times in 179 Posts
I don't think any Trek bikes come standard with the double Blendr mount. I had to buy one for my Trek and my wife's Trek. I felt the purchase was worth it.
Old 08-17-21, 06:58 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked 1,718 Times in 1,004 Posts
yea I have the duel blendr mount, well worth the price.

Old 08-17-21, 11:45 PM
jdemay

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
This was exactly it. I was expecting it to show up as a cad sensor. I removed the old sensor, and the cad data is now being displayed. Thanks a lot