Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Pactimo clothing

Old 07-22-21, 04:12 AM
Lazyass

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2432 Post(s)
Liked 638 Times in 395 Posts
Pactimo clothing

Does anyone know how good the quality is with Pactimo stuff? I've decided not to buy Castelli anymore. The prices seem decent and I like the styling. I'm really interested in the quality of their bibs.

I usually wear solid color jerseys with minimal logos but I do like this retro USA jersey the sleeve/neck stripes.

Old 07-22-21, 05:15 AM
jwalther

Bikes: Litespeed T3, Felt Breed 30, Co-Motion Supremo Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked 62 Times in 29 Posts
Love Pactimo 12 hour bibs. I'm never buying anything else.
Old 07-22-21, 05:42 AM
SapInMyBlood
Enthusiastic Sufferer

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Roubaix, 2014 Salsa Fargo, 2013 Trek Remedy, 2014 Cannondale Synapse

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked 311 Times in 107 Posts
Originally Posted by Lazyass
Does anyone know how good the quality is with Pactimo stuff? I've decided not to buy Castelli anymore. The prices seem decent and I like the styling. I'm really interested in the quality of their bibs.

I usually wear solid color jerseys with minimal logos but I do like this retro USA jersey the sleeve/neck stripes.

My only pactimo experience was an ultralight rain jacket, which had the breathability of a garbage bag. I returned that and never bought another pactimo product

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, hoping someone has had a better experience
Old 07-22-21, 06:58 AM
NEguy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I got back into cycling a couple years ago after many years away and needed new everything. I was told to try Pactimo after I wasn't happy with a pair of bibs I had ordered. After a few rides in the first pair I ordered two more (longer inseam). I also have four jerseys now (also a fan of solid colors and minimal logos etc.). I do plan to order a couple long sleeve jerseys this year as well.

I am extremely happy with the fit as well as the quality. Personally I will shop there first when I need something. That said, I think there are some less expensive options if you can find sales etc. but I like having 'all of the same shorts'...

The only problem I have is that I do feel like a bit of a tool sometimes having all of the 'same brand/stuff'...
Likes For NEguy:
Old 07-22-21, 08:59 AM
MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 10142 Post(s)
Liked 5,831 Times in 3,139 Posts
I like their stuff. Catch the big sales if you can.
Old 07-22-21, 09:27 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18391 Post(s)
Liked 15,465 Times in 7,306 Posts
I could never pull off that hair style so probably not the apparel for me.
Old 07-22-21, 02:43 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10943 Post(s)
Liked 7,469 Times in 4,179 Posts
Their jerseys are well made, at least the $100ish level. Each comes in race or club fit. A guy I ride with has a few of them and has worn em for years.
All the options I would want are a 3 week made to order wait so I just havent felt motivated to buy one.
Old 07-22-21, 03:38 PM
Ogsarg

Bikes: 2019 Specialized Roubaix Comp Di2, 2009 Roubaix, early 90's Giant Iguana

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 641 Post(s)
Liked 1,513 Times in 548 Posts
Pactimo has been my main brand for several years. I currently have 3 pairs of bibs and about 5 jerseys as well as a thermal jersey, a wind vest, a base layer top, and a pair of gloves. Their 12 hour bibs are the best I've found although I admit I have not tried near as many as most people here. The jerseys are high quality also.

Sign up for their email list and you'll be notified of their sales. There are great deals in the spring and fall when they move out seasonal designs. You have to act immediately if you wear a common size cause things sell out very quickly. Almost everything I've bought was during one of these sales. The list prices have gone up in the last year or so.
Likes For Ogsarg:
Old 07-23-21, 05:01 PM
teejaywhy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 69 Posts
Euro fit and the zippers are backwards. I had to go to XL for a jersey (normally M or L fits me). Still adjusting to the zipper, 60 years of doing it one way, hard to adapt!

Quality is good and a + for made in USA,

Last edited by teejaywhy; 07-24-21 at 08:49 AM.
Likes For teejaywhy:
Old 07-24-21, 04:52 AM
MoAlpha
• —

Originally Posted by teejaywhy
Euro fit and the zippers are backwards. I had to go to XL for a jersey (normally M or L fits me). Still adjusting to the zipper, 60 years of doing it one way, hard to adapt!

Quality is good and a + for made in USA,
They make their stuff in China like virtually everyone else.
Old 07-24-21, 07:52 AM
drlogik 

Bikes: '87-ish Pinarello Montello; '89 Nishiki Ariel; '85 Raleigh Wyoming, '16 Wabi Special, '16 Wabi Classic, '14 Kona Cinder Cone

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked 405 Times in 251 Posts
+1 their jerseys are well made. So are their shorts; however, on advice from a friend I bought a Santini jersey and shorts a few years ago. Wow! Super quality, smaller company, made in Italy for a very competitive price. I'm a real fan of Santini now but the Pactimo is first rate but made in China (not happy about that), hence why I ride with Santini now.

I have a number of jerseys and shorts by Voler (American made) and love their stuff too. I probably have 5 jerseys by Voler. Top shelf quality and made in America. You should check them out.

The cool thing about Santini and Voler is that they make jerseys with different cuts for different body types and tend to fit true to size, unlike other brands which tend to fit small for the size.

-

Last edited by drlogik; 07-24-21 at 07:57 AM.
Old 07-24-21, 08:54 AM
teejaywhy

Originally Posted by MoAlpha
They make their stuff in China like virtually everyone else.
Read this and thought "this can't be..." Went immediately to their website were I was nearly certain I had seen Made in USA but no. Perhaps a recent offshore move? I went and looked at the jersey I bought in 2019... "Made in China" \

Sorry for the bad info.
Old 07-24-21, 10:47 AM
MoAlpha
• —

Originally Posted by teejaywhy
Read this and thought "this can't be..." Went immediately to their website were I was nearly certain I had seen Made in USA but no. Perhaps a recent offshore move? I went and looked at the jersey I bought in 2019... "Made in China" \

Sorry for the bad info.
Let us know if you find comparable gear made domestically. I’d pay a few extra bucks for it.
Old 07-25-21, 08:22 AM
teejaywhy

Originally Posted by MoAlpha
Let us know if you find comparable gear made domestically. I’d pay a few extra bucks for it.
Not to hijack the thread... but Voler and Aero Tech for sure. The bits I have are well made (some Voler jerseys and a pair of AeroTech bibs) but neither seems to offer the wide selection of styles as Pactimo.
Likes For teejaywhy:
Old 07-25-21, 08:59 AM
SkinGriz
Live not by lies.

Bikes: BigBox bikes.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 860 Post(s)
Liked 784 Times in 582 Posts
Made in China? Made in Italy?

Either way the product is made in sweatshops with Chinese labor.

Irrelevant to me if the sweatshop owner is Chinese or Italian.

Ditto Ford/GM vs Honda/Toyota. Only difference is ethnicity of the C-suite? Equals irrelevance in my opinion.