Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Modern Bike

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-21, 12:25 PM
Calsun
Banned

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 382 Times in 288 Posts
Modern Bike

I have had to do most of my purchases online for bike related items and by chance found Modern Bike based in Iowa. There prices were half those of sellers on Amazon and my order shipped out the next business day and the shipping cost was nominal. Items I purchased on Sept 14 shipped out on Sept 15 and are arriving at my house today. That is about 10 days less than orders placed with Specialized and other sellers over the past few months.
Old 09-18-21, 12:35 PM
Rolla

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1346 Post(s)
Liked 3,270 Times in 1,439 Posts
Thanks for this post. I've been tempted to order from them a couple of times, but never pulled the trigger.
Old 09-18-21, 12:47 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Quoted: 7649 Post(s)
Liked 3,465 Times in 1,831 Posts
I'll order something from them if you give me one-third of your kickback.
Likes For Maelochs:
Old 09-18-21, 06:03 PM
Frank S

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
I ordered three items from them. It appears that they only ship on Wednesday. This is regardless of when I ordered. I can order something on a Friday, and another thing on Tuesday, and they will both arrive on the same day. If you can deal with it, do it!

I once ordered a thing, then called them to cancel the order and replaced it with another thing. Then, I cancelled my second order. After that, I reordered the second thing. This all happened on a Tuesday. My, on again off again, order shipped out the next day. I was on the phone with a guy for, like, 20 minutes. Then I cancelled what was decided on. When I got second party confirmation that the thing would work, I reordered it. They didn't skip a beat. I got the thing four days later.

Yes, I recommend them.
Old 09-18-21, 06:43 PM
Pridedog
Gone Biking!

Bikes: Orbea Gain, Lynskey, Redline Conquest Disc, Bike Friday, Cannnondale T2 Tandem.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 28 Posts
I have used Modern Bike for many years and highly recommend them.
Old 09-18-21, 07:46 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10947 Post(s)
Liked 7,474 Times in 4,181 Posts
Modern Bike is good for some things and bad for some things. No different from a dozen other internet bike retailers.
I've been in the storefront a handful of times over the last 7 years since it's near me and it's always quick since the place is dead. It's a fulfillment center in a crappy strip mall so there is almost never walk-in business.
Much of what they sell online is sourced from one of their distributors before shipping to the customer.
Old 09-19-21, 03:40 AM
Germany_chris
I’m a little Surly

Bikes: Two Cross Checks, a Karate Monkey, a Disc Trucker, and a VO Randonneur

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked 1,294 Times in 647 Posts
I’ve ordered from them a couple of times, they ship quickly and to my APO