Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

1K baby

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-21, 09:40 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4332 Post(s)
Liked 3,957 Times in 2,645 Posts
1K baby

Just a silly thread but I finally hit 1K on my Supercharger2 I believe I started riding May 12th. Should grab a photo of the dang bike but was just so happy. Sadly though I was at 999 so I did a short ride to get that final bit before I went home so I was just so close. 90% has been commuting (8-9 miles each way) but have had a few occasional fun rides and some grocery getting and other erranding. I can't believe people still are hating on e-bikes I mean come on. This is just so much ding dang fun.

In terms of upgrades for those curious:
Fox 36 Factory Fork 140mm travel (though if you are not Kashima crazed they are making a new e-cargo/commuter specific fork that looks pretty neat but I gotta have the Kashima)
Magura MDR-P 203 Brake Rotor
Koga Denham Bar
Nitto NJ-89 Stem
Ergon GC-1 Grips (if you run sweptback bars these are the bee knees add some Hope Grip Doctor plugs)
ESI Chunky Grips for the extensions (and some eeBar Keeps)
Kinekt Aluminum Seatpost
and I remounted the front light underneath the rack and the rack was modified to handle my Swift Industries Rando bag.
Coming soon is the Supernova M99 TL2 Pro and probably some other fun. I really want a MDR-P Rohloff rotor but I doubt that will happen anytime soon if at all)

Anywho hope everyone has a good night and a good weekend depending on where they are and if you are considering an e-bike do it. Seriously it is fun so much fun. Even tonight after kinda of getting run down nearly twice by the same car full of rapscallions, I still had a blast.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 09-11-21, 11:42 AM
FREEBIRD1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 106 Posts
$11,000 US for this bike?
Old 09-12-21, 06:36 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Originally Posted by FREEBIRD1
$11,000 US for this bike?
Yes it is not a cheap bike but you will notice it is Dual 625wh batteries, Bosch Performance Line Speed Motor with Rohloff E-14 with lights and a horn. Not a cheap bike but certainly a fun ride with a lot of features that I wanted.
Old 09-15-21, 12:56 PM
skookum
cyclotourist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Liked 205 Times in 130 Posts
Totally cool bike.
Who cares how much it cost if you can afford it and you are having fun with it.?
What colour is yours?
Old 09-15-21, 07:32 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Originally Posted by skookum
Totally cool bike.
Who cares how much it cost if you can afford it and you are having fun with it.?
What colour is yours?
I am having an absolute blast on it. I couldn't really afford it but I was able to finance it so I was able to afford it that way. In the end I probably wouldn't have wanted to do it differently because nobody else really has what I want. People get close here and there but R+M really gets 90% of the way.

I have the grey but probably down the line I will get it repainted do something fun and funky but that is a conversation for later me.
Old 10-16-21, 03:49 PM
creativepart
Age before beauty

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 19 Posts
Congrats on getting 1,000! I did my thousand starting in January so, it took me a bit longer than you.

My bike was a DIY rear hub motor kit that cost a measly $700 but I enjoyed it just as much as if it cost $11,000.

I like a challenge - so, at 1048 miles I took all of the rear hub drive components off and installed a new BBSHD mid-drive motor on the same bike. I've only got 30 or so miles on the new build as I work out a few shifting issues still.

I happened to see the 999.9 and snapped a photo:

Likes For creativepart:
Old 10-17-21, 02:13 PM
LeeG

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 64 Posts
I am envious. It’s nice seeing a bike market where people use bikes like we use cars.
Likes For LeeG:
Old 10-17-21, 10:28 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Thanks I was just so darn happy to hit 1k and now am past that. It was kinda funny a couple weekends ago I rode my fixed gear and boy is it an aggressive position (I keep my stuff fairly upright but wow that e-bike is really upright but not noticeably so until you get on a different bike),