Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Post your e.bike pictures here.

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Post your e.bike pictures here.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-12, 12:56 AM
liberator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mabman
@ Liberator. Very cool project. Keep up the obviously good work.

Thanks man!

We we work hard to try restore the good reputation of handcraft.
Our homeland(Estonia) is no longer produced practically nothing. All are made in China.All big companies.
Old 01-29-12, 02:44 PM
Pedidelic

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
After.JPG (99.0 KB, 452 views)
Old 01-30-12, 07:01 AM
nimbuzz

Bikes: Optibike R11 and Prodeco Outlaw 48 V

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That is definitely an E+ I have a Tidalforce. The motor and electronics are what defines it. A Tidalforce does not have "nine forward power modes, nine resistance (exercise) modes..." Odd to insist it is a TF with only the Montague frame being similar. That was a model (a cool one) that E+ put out. A nice bike but not a TF.

The one drawback seems to be a lack of batteries--It's apparently stuck with the 8ah nimh hub where the TF could add on other makes of packs the E+'s computer prevents that and E+ inexplicably offers no aux packs which is killing the brand--at least according to posts here. I wish this weren't so as it's a great bike otherwise.

Last edited by nimbuzz; 01-30-12 at 07:06 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 02-04-12, 08:17 AM
rapattack

Bikes: EziGo zoom

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Yay after an upgrade

I broke my ebikes motor 3 times(with lead acid battery) and now i have gone for lithium. Good speed and mileage. Well i haven't finished with the first charge yet. They had to do a few modifications to get the motor on as the old one had the back braking system, incorporated into the motor. This version rides so well i can actually ride better on the flat without switching the motor on at all :0) Thats good because i need the exercise :0) Now all i have to figure out is where to put the trailor attachment as the side that it was on before well it can't be put there again as there is not enough of the nut/screw space....ah well we will work something out. Just happy with a smoother/lighter running bike. Had a 20kg battery pack on this ebike because the original battery didn't go very far. The 20kg pack went for 80km i think ...
Attached Images
DSCF3958.jpg (97.9 KB, 433 views)
Old 02-04-12, 05:14 PM
Pedego

Bikes: Electric

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ketchup or mustard?

Before the big game tomorrow, what do you like best on your hot dogs? Ketchup or mustard, or both?
Attached Images
photo.jpg (103.1 KB, 272 views)
Old 02-04-12, 11:13 PM
powell

Bikes: E+ kit, BIONX

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Nimbuzz,
Really weird , I agree that that Divashenko insists he has Tidal Force bike and clearly cannot understand that only thing similar to old TF on his ebike is a frame.
As you rightly said what describe ebike is an electric system which is entirly different on E+.
Shortly he has E+ system on TF frame , why he cannot understand this? Stubborn Russians.
miro13car

Last edited by powell; 02-04-12 at 11:17 PM.
Old 02-11-12, 02:35 PM
Pedidelic

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
tonylumps Hi
I'm not familiar with your bikes. They look lightweight compared to mine. Are these- kit bikes, custom, or other..??? What is you motor, battery, distances, speeds and weight (if known). I run a 36v 20ah 800 watt and the bike (Wmart Avalon) is fast but also heavy. I like to get lighter bike with good speed & distance.

Last edited by Pedidelic; 02-11-12 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-17-12, 06:05 PM
alexaschwanden
Bike rider

Bikes: 2017 Raleigh Clubman

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Pedego
Before the big game tomorrow, what do you like best on your hot dogs? Ketchup or mustard, or both?
they are both great bikes,Do you have a relish too?
Old 03-04-12, 02:26 PM
Oldbikerider

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
HummingBike

This is my very first e-bike. It may be a new brand too. I don't see any here yet.
Attached Images
DSC04733.jpg (79.2 KB, 265 views)
DSC04735.jpg (70.3 KB, 255 views)
DSC04731.jpg (95.4 KB, 275 views)
Old 03-06-12, 01:11 AM
jayhawk12

Bikes: electric bike plus another bike. Previously had a little bike shop

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Tell us more about your bike! Wattage/ battery, name/ model, etc? Performance, etc.
Old 03-10-12, 06:54 PM
happyJohnrn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is my third build since 07, all my past attempts posted here.. Finnally got a Bionx. Just in time for the high gas prices
Attached Images
bike.jpg (90.3 KB, 452 views)
Old 03-12-12, 12:04 PM
Oldbikerider

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, it is a 36 V lithium battery. Not sure of the wattage. It is supposed to run 20 mph for 30 mi. Have not tried this. I only use the motor for the short hills I encounter when returning home from my "exercise" route as an assist. So far, all is well with the bike. I did have to do the normal adjustments after a few miles. The brand name is HummingBike, LI model. Built with Police/Security details in mind. It comes with a flashing light on a pole that I will never use.

Thanks for your interst. Sorry about the delay in responding.

Oldbikerider
Old 03-12-12, 12:04 PM
Oldbikerider

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, it is a 36 V lithium battery. Not sure of the wattage. It is supposed to run 20 mph for 30 mi. Have not tried this. I only use the motor for the short hills I encounter when returning home from my "exercise" route as an assist. So far, all is well with the bike. I did have to do the normal adjustments after a few miles. The brand name is HummingBike, LI model. Built with Police/Security details in mind. It comes with a flashing light on a pole that I will never use.

Thanks for your interest. Sorry about the delay in responding.

Oldbikerider
Old 04-06-12, 09:42 AM
max_r

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Electric hybrid conversion. Amped bikes kit from gocarlite.com

My build story of the bike is here:

https://uglyplastik.blogspot.ca

I have made a bike myself, including frame and wheels and subsequently converted it into electric. The kit comes from Doug, the owner of www.gocarlite.com
I can only say positive things about Doug and how he manages his business, he was great at answering all my questions, giving me tips and sent the kit right away after I purchased it. The kit was tested/verified and is working as it should.
It is front geared motor in 700cc wheel. I have front disc brake and rear coaster brake in S2C Sturmey archer kick shift hub.
I am still not finished with the project and want to hide wires a bit more + maybe paint the battery so it is not very obvious that I have an ebike. Due to higher speed with the motor on I will also put a bigger chainring, since my current one - 42teeth, is not providing a good ratio for high speed, i.e. need to pedal too fast to keep up with the motor.
Attached Images
DSCN1780.jpg (99.2 KB, 263 views)
DSCN1782.jpg (99.0 KB, 259 views)
Old 05-08-12, 05:15 AM
Scaliboy62

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Prodeco Storm 500, delivered May 7th 2012.
Attached Images
prodeco 008.jpg (100.5 KB, 425 views)
Old 05-19-12, 05:33 PM
DrugsBunny

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi everybody!
My name is Roma, I'm from Moscow (Russia).
I'd like to share with you a link to my video review of the e-bike I took for a test-drive:

It's in Russian but I can translate it to you on request and make subtitles
Old 05-30-12, 08:39 AM
ebikertx

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is my Ezip Eco Ride. I commute to work on it every day unless the weather is very bad. Note the custom fenders I made out of Lexan.
Attached Images
Ecorider1.jpg (98.1 KB, 402 views)
Old 06-18-12, 09:54 PM
bikegirl101

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here is my bike. I have just bought it but dont know how to get it to start. Let me know if you can help. Best, Lucy
Attached Images
Cheese!06181148.jpg (101.7 KB, 439 views)
Old 07-12-12, 01:33 PM
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Alright for those who care, I have upgraded my bicycle to a mid drive system and have also upgraded my SLA batteries to a light 8 pound 36v 12AH LifePo4 Battery. Now that I'm no longer hauling 50 pounds on the rear rack, the bike hauls ass. It will easily hit 25MPH (and this is on a lowly 350 watt system!). Thanks to the mid drive system, I am able to change the gear ratio of the drive at will. If I'm on a slight incline or wind resistance, the bike will go about 20-21mph on average. But it's able to hit 25 more often and with the SLA batteries it never went above 24. Not to mention the bike is way more stable now.

Another bonus is that I've used some of the packing material that came with the battery as padding for the battery inside the case and also for padding between the case and the metal rack. So it's not getting hit as hard by the bumps on the road either. And since it's only 8 pounds, the case isn't trying to leap off the rack anymore/or shake a lot.

The only real con I have found with this battery thus far is the awkward design of the BMS box. Because of the strap I am using to hold it down in the case, the charge port is partially blocked and I will have to nudge the strap to the side when I go to charge it. (since as with the photo shows I will have the BMS box on top separated by the foam padding).

But since the original kit I got had an identical charge port that I have already put into the case, I will eventually wire that charge port up to the charge port installed into the case. But for now I've disconnected the charge port on the case since it would charge the battery incorrectly if I used it. (it was originally connected directly to the SLA batteries with how I got it wired. But since the new battery has the charge port separate from the main power leads, I will have to rewire it accordingly)

Here's some photos of the battery: (click to enlarge)

It wasn't quite as pretty as the "stock" photos that the listing had, but it's right around what I expected.

Yes there are some risks in buying these from eBay, but I did do real digging and feedback checking to find the one I wanted. This battery ran me $250 + $87 for express shipping. So yes it's one of those China batteries. But I've road tested this and it works. So proof that not all China batteries are evil. (It did help that I intentionally steered away from the cheap looking "duct tape" ones that are everywhere on eBay) You just need to buy with real caution.

If I had a better paying job, I would have most certainly gone with one made in America. But currently they are quite a bit more pricy and the SLA batteries just had to go.

The case is now a bit oversized. The new battery doesn't take up as much space length wise but it's a tad bit wider then how I had the SLAs positioned. (they were positioned side by side and were close to a foot in length and the new battery is nearly 2 or so inches shorter, but don't hold me to that since I didn't measure it. )

So I will eventually redo the whole box to a smaller one.

Last edited by Apache Thunder; 07-12-12 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-18-12, 04:51 PM
craig250

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here is an electric bike from China, I have a few of these.. they are really fun to ride
Attached Images
IMG_20120714_140302 (800x600).jpg (102.5 KB, 431 views)
Old 07-21-12, 07:38 AM
EBikeFL 

Bikes: 2012 Kona Lanai

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by venicemayer
I really love bikes and whenever I see them I wish I know how to ride on them and stroll around the village using a bike. Unfortunately, due to traumatic incident happened before I really doubt if I can try bike once again. Anyways, great to see good pictures of them here.
Veenicemayer, if your comfortable riding in a car why don't you look into trikes. A nice trike with a mid-drive system would solve your bicycle fix. Check out https://www.utahtrikes.com/.
Soylent Green is People!
Old 07-21-12, 10:57 PM
Kevin Harvey

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I use cyclone Kits my best is the 36v 100w for the mountain we live on, but most i make up are 500w 24v & use the 3 chainwheel kit but make up my own crank using cyclone crank that fits the freewheel,their's the chain gets stuck in between -----The -Only battery is LiFePo4 buy the cells & Bms easy (from BMS china-you'll jhave to google it )to make up but make my own pack that will fit any mountain bike(stuffed a whole BMS once though), My next experiment is nu-vinci hub wish to here more on these with 500w or more motors.
Old 07-21-12, 11:03 PM
Kevin Harvey

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I use cyclone Kits my best is the 36v 100w for the mountain we live on, but most i make up are 500w 24v & use the 3 chainwheel kit but make up my own crank using cyclone crank that fits the freewheel,their's the chain gets stuck in between -----The -Only battery is LiFePo4 buy the cells & Bms easy (from BMS china-you'll jhave to google it )to make up but make my own pack that will fit any mountain bike(stuffed a whole BMS once though), My next experiment is nu-vinci hub wish to here more on these with 500w or more motors. I can't give a picture not pc literate enough, but i think it essential that one trys to have the battery forward not back makes better ballance, then load up pannies with goods at the back.
Old 07-21-12, 11:07 PM
Kevin Harvey

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That was a 36v 1000w a real goer, its the best.
Old 08-05-12, 11:58 AM
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I finished putting my ebike electronics in a new box: (click to enlarge)

Before:

After:

For those into detail, yep, the front wheel is missing two spokes. I took them off to replace spokes that broke on the rear wheel. The rear wheel lost a few spokes due to a incident a long time back when my derailleur sent the chain behind the freewheel. (this had occurred long before I converted the bike to electric) The wheel's been kinda funky ever since. But I got a pack of 10 spokes coming in the mail and that will be enough to replace all the damaged spokes + restore the missing spokes in the front wheel. So it won't be like this for very long.

Close ups:

Close ups of how my battery box is wired: (yeah it's a bit cramped in there. I may at some point completely re-wire it since there's more wire in there then what's actually needed)

The battery being used is a 36v 12ah LifePo4 battery. Much lighter then the SLAs I used to have. Not shown very well in the photos, but there is 4 retaining brackets installed into the box that hold the battery in place, so it can't move around while I ride the bike. The battery is a tight enough fit so that when the battery box's lid is closed, the battery can't move up/down either, so it's secured well enough that I didn't have to strap it down like with the old battery box. There is a small piece of foam padding on the bottom that the battery sits on top of so that it's cushioned against a bumpy ride.

Eventually it won't be needed anymore since I will eventually put this all on my mountain bike. That bike has front and rear suspension and the padding won't be needed anymore.

It's a 36v 350 watt mid-drive system. Though I will need to upgrade my rear freewheel since there is too much of a difference between first and second gear and the motor doesn't like to run on second gear.

Now that I finally got the new box finished, I will soon migrate the whole system to my mountain bike. That bike has front and rear suspension and that's the one I've been wanting to put this on for awhile now. But the battery box I had before was too large. I need to get smaller tires though since the 26x1.75 tires are obstructed by the motor (yes I tried installing the motor onto that bike and would have to tilt the wheel to the left to avoid the tire hitting the motor).

So I'm thinking a 26x1.4 (or 1.5 if I can find a Michelin brand tire in that size) should be enough to get the tire away from the motor. I don't live in the mountains so the smaller tires I can get, the better my ride will be.

Last edited by Apache Thunder; 08-05-12 at 12:13 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.