Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Cannondale F2000 World Championship Model

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-22, 09:29 AM
MufflerJeans

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Hi, Friends.
Anybody know the geometry of the Cannondale F2000 World Championship? I believe these were built mid-1994 or 1995, but they're not listed in any of the old catalogs and I can't seem to find anything online about them. Is this an aggressive geometry? I'm looking for something with a little bit shorter top tube and less agressive.

thanks,
Old 07-13-22, 08:07 PM
t2p

Bikes: Cannondale - Gary Fisher - Giant - Litespeed - Schwinn Paramount - Schwinn (lugged steel) - Trek OCLV

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1392 Post(s)
Liked 1,852 Times in 1,066 Posts
https://vintagecannondale.com/year/1997/1997.pdf
Likes For t2p:
Old 07-14-22, 09:26 AM
MufflerJeans

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanks, t2p. I guess my question is similar to the one in this link: F2000 World Championship Issue | Vintage Cannondale Community

Serial number seems to indicate '95, but I dont see that frame being built until '97. Just curious as I can't find anything that indicates this frame was built in '95.
Old 07-15-22, 06:13 PM
wesmamyke

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 76 Posts
Anything from that era with a head shock is going to be pretty aggressive XC oriented geometry. Although if they have the negative rise stem just flipping that over can get the front end up much higher. Tricky if it's too long though, as stem choices are limited.

If you can look at the bike in person the date codes on the parts could help with the year. The cranks usually have a large date of production or casting mark that's easy to find.