Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recreational & Family
Reload this Page >

Storing Different Sized Girls/Women's Bikes & Trailer

Search
Notices
Recreational & Family Ride just to ride? Have a family and want to get them into cycling? Drop in here to discuss recreational and family cycling issues.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-22, 12:21 PM
BROOKLINEBIKER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts

I'm trying to find a way to conveniently store (hanging from a wall or ceiling) a little girls hybrid bike, a teenage girls road bike with 700 wheels, an adult woman's folding bike, my Long Haul Trucker with 700 wheels, and a Burley Bee bike trailer. The women's bikes all lack cross bars which is limiting storage options. Is the best way just to buy some giant hooks and mount to the wall? Do pulley systems like this work well https://www.containerstore.com/s/gar...E&gclsrc=aw.ds ?
Old 05-18-22, 08:04 PM
NRissy
Bike-train

Bikes: Santana Encore Tandem, Trek 3900, Marin MTB, Marin Road bike.

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 19 Posts
I have my wife's bike hanging on a hook on the side of the garage, back tire on ground, front tire in hook. I have/am using the ceiling mount systems, they work good. Just be careful of the hook ends, they can get bent and drop your bike. I currently have my tandem hung from a ceiling mount system that I took the hook ends off, put eye hooks instead; then uses a plastic coated cable and carabiners to hold the bike.
Likes For NRissy:
Old 05-18-22, 09:11 PM
BROOKLINEBIKER

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by NRissy
I have my wife's bike hanging on a hook on the side of the garage, back tire on ground, front tire in hook. I have/am using the ceiling mount systems, they work good. Just be careful of the hook ends, they can get bent and drop your bike. I currently have my tandem hung from a ceiling mount system that I took the hook ends off, put eye hooks instead; then uses a plastic coated cable and carabiners to hold the bike.
Which brand ceiling mount system did you choose?
Old 05-19-22, 05:00 AM
NRissy
Bike-train

Bikes: Santana Encore Tandem, Trek 3900, Marin MTB, Marin Road bike.

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 19 Posts
I just bought a cheap one from a store called menards (Midwest lowes or home depot). I didn;t use the cheap short screws that came with it; I replaced those with 3 inch torx screws that I made sure went into studs.
Old 05-19-22, 03:10 PM
BROOKLINEBIKER

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by NRissy
I just bought a cheap one from a store called menards (Midwest lowes or home depot). I didn;t use the cheap short screws that came with it; I replaced those with 3 inch torx screws that I made sure went into studs.
Thanks for the follow-up and the tip on screws!
Old 05-20-22, 05:51 AM
Trav1s
Deraill this!

Bikes: 18 Cdale Quick 1, 94 S-Works M2, 98 730 Multitrak, and a few others

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked 427 Times in 248 Posts
I've used the ceiling hangers for my daughter's bikes which are small and light and my 90's Hardrock Ultra because it an indestructible beast but resist hanging my wife's Verve 3 or my Quick 1. I also used longer screws to mount the assemblies and appreciate the carabiner suggestions. I'm hoping my next garage has more usable space around the parameter.