Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Brompton and the H&H mini rack v. 5

Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Old 04-16-23, 01:25 PM
blakcloud

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 352 Times in 225 Posts

Just a heads up for those who are thinking of ordering the H&H min rack v.5. You need large wheels (80mm+) for the rear of the rack or it will drag along uneven pavement etc. The distance from the ground to the rack will not accommodate the Brompton EZ wheels that I purchased (60mm). On smooth floors yes, carpet, uneven concrete no. Inline 80 mm skate wheels to the rescue. Inexpensive and works fine.

It would have been nice if the ad copy made note of this potential problem but live and learn. I only purchased this rack so that my bike could roll easier, it's just to heavy to carry. I also purchased one for my wife who needs it more than me. Looking forward to trying it out this year.

Old 04-17-23, 08:54 AM
3speedslow

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Quoted: 1937 Post(s)
Liked 1,043 Times in 627 Posts
Thanks for the feedback on this rack. I have been thinking of a rack for my Broomie but usually wind up carrying everything I need in my front bag.
Old 04-17-23, 10:11 AM
Schwinnsta
Schwinnasaur

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked 170 Times in 116 Posts
Originally Posted by 3speedslow
Thanks for the feedback on this rack. I have been thinking of a rack for my Broomie but usually wind up carrying everything I need in my front bag.
Mini racks are often purchased because they allow a folded Brompton to roll better and weighless, and are cheaper than the Brompton rack.