Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

New model Dahon Mini 349 bike

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-23, 04:34 AM
tomtomtom123

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked 122 Times in 90 Posts

Dahon seems to have a new model called the mini 349, which looks similar to the K3 Plus, but with 349 rims, possibly deltec tension cable (website doesn't show it, but the press release has it), and eyelets for rear rack.
https://dahon.com/bikes/mini-349/

I would be curious to know the wheelbase, chainstay, seatpost angle, etc. in comparison with standard 20" models and the K3 plus.
I'm suspicious of the parallel spoke nipple holes in the rim. Aren't they more susceptible to fracturing the rim, and the load distribution isn't as uniform as a standard rim?

The use of 349 rim is also not so convenient as the range of available tires are more limited than compared to 355.

The press release shows a seatpost stem with a pressure gauge for their built in pump. I wonder how effective it is, or wither it gets in the way of the clamping.

https://dahon.com/dahon-announces-ex...ei-cycle-2023/
Old 05-03-23, 11:29 PM
Ron Damon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked 565 Times in 354 Posts
Originally Posted by tomtomtom123
The use of 349 rim is also not so convenient as the range of available tires are more limited than compared to 355.
I don't know your location, but here in SEAsia where I am 349 (and 305) tires are far more popular and common than 355.

The Dahon looks quite similar to the FnHon Zephyr. In my location, building your own is less expensive than buying a complete bike. Dollar to dollar you'd end up with a better specced bike if you build it yourself (or ask a shop to build you one).

Last edited by Ron Damon; 05-03-23 at 11:41 PM.
Old 05-04-23, 05:28 AM
Schwinnsta
Schwinnasaur

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 121 Posts
If at all possible, test ride one. If you're a full size American, you may find it too cramped. I would be too large for their 16-inch models. Maybe I would be OK with a Curl. I barely would fit with their 20-inch models.