Search
Notices
Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area Looking to enter into the realm of track racing? Want to share your experiences and tactics for riding on a velodrome? The Track Cycling forums is for you! Come in and discuss training/racing, equipment, and current track cycling events.

XCadey Power meter crankset

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-23, 06:07 AM
JorgV

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
XCadey Power meter crankset

Hi guys,

This week I finally ordered a new trackframe (Look 875 team edition), so now the hunt for some new part begins. One of the parts I am looking for is a new crankset. On the road I always train using a powermeter. That's why I have two P2M NGEco powermeters (for my roadbike and my beachracer). On track I haven't used a powermeter before, but I always dig the extra information.

Looking for a new crank for the Look, I came across this XCadey powermeter crankset. The P2M is way too expensive for me at the moment; 640 euro PM only, 200+ for the crankarms, axle 80(?). There are some reviews for the XCadey roadcrank, but not for the tracktype. Is there anybody who can tell me some things about the reliability, durability and the overall quality of the crank?

The other options I'm looking for are the Dura Ace 7710 crank (second hand) or the Miche Air. Any thoughts about that? Would you go second hand or for a new Miche or XCadey?

I do omniums mostly, haven't done standing starts (yet) and have a max output of around 1600 watt (standing start on my road bike).

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-17-23, 06:42 AM
topflightpro

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1851 Post(s)
Liked 678 Times in 429 Posts
I've never heard of XCadey, but generally speaking, you get what you pay for. If you are more of an enduro guy, I've heard positive things about various power pedals, including Favero Assiomos.

As for cranks, DA is great. If you are looking for more budget options, Sram Omniums, Rotor and FSA are other good ones to consider.
Old 04-22-23, 12:11 PM
JorgV

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for your reply, I don't know XCadey either, but I saw some good reviews online and was hoping somebody could tell me more about it.

I'm pretty sure I'll go for the DA.