Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

actual cost to build a $14,000 bike

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

actual cost to build a $14,000 bike

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-23, 07:02 PM
Kontact 

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4341 Post(s)
Liked 1,528 Times in 997 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F
Having a low tolerance for false information and unjustified opinions is not the same thing, but I can see how it might seem that way to those with an agenda to push.
Thinking that everyone has an "agenda" is a sure sign of someone who's going to be extremely unpleasant to deal with.

I'm sorry if my agenda to clarify the difference between strength and specific strength was such a rampant disinformation campaign. Plus my opinions as someone working on both sides of the bike industry since 1990 surely disqualifies me from having an informed opinion about anything in the bike industry. I ought to be insulted just as certainly as anyone who posts a vague question or an unpopular topic. People like us are scum.
Likes For Kontact:
Old 01-25-23, 09:41 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4930 Post(s)
Liked 8,062 Times in 3,811 Posts
Originally Posted by Kontact
Thinking that everyone has an "agenda" is a sure sign of someone who's going to be extremely unpleasant to deal with.

I'm sorry if my agenda to clarify the difference between strength and specific strength was such a rampant disinformation campaign. Plus my opinions as someone working on both sides of the bike industry since 1990 surely disqualifies me from having an informed opinion about anything in the bike industry. I ought to be insulted just as certainly as anyone who posts a vague question or an unpopular topic. People like us are scum.
I don’t think that everyone has an agenda - which is precisely why I didn’t use the word “everyone” - but there are some that clearly do. I also mentioned nothing specific about you. I was speaking in generalities regarding patterns I have recognized with some people.
Old 01-25-23, 09:49 PM
Kontact 

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 4341 Post(s)
Liked 1,528 Times in 997 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F
I don’t think that everyone has an agenda - which is precisely why I didn’t use the word “everyone” - but there are some that clearly do. I also mentioned nothing specific about you. I was speaking in generalities regarding patterns I have recognized with some people.
You addressed me directly by saying I was mistaken, which you attributed to people (like me) who have an agenda.

You were talking about me. Don't be so mealy mouthed. If you can't be pleasant, at least be honest.
Old 01-25-23, 09:53 PM
BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11955 Post(s)
Liked 6,611 Times in 3,469 Posts
Seems this thread is done. Adios!