Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Touring racks for suspension forks?

Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Old 02-09-20, 10:45 AM
RH Clark

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 449 Times in 246 Posts

Guys, I'm going to cool my heels a bit on buying a new touring bike until I can try out some different bikes, and for now just set up my 2017 Trek Marlin 5 29er for touring. I would really appreciate some recommendations for a front rack that clamps on my suspension fork. I saw one somewhere that allows the suspension to be unlocked but can't find it now.

I would also like some recommendations for tires that will have less rolling resistance on the pavement. The stock tires are 2" wide on rear and 2.2" wide on the front. I would like to go as narrow and road oriented as possible on a new set. I like to so some gravel roads too so something that would excel at both would be great.

I would also like suggestions as to anything in the bearings or such that would need to be upgraded to insure reliability on long trips. I don't know much about this stuff so I wonder if my bottom bracket and such is up to par for a longer trip.

I ride the bike every day right now and haven't had any issues in a long time. Don't know exactly but I've put several hundred miles on it. I recently had a new cassette and chain and cables installed.
Old 02-09-20, 12:03 PM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,313 Times in 706 Posts
A problem with setting up that bike for touring is going to be that almost all baggage components needed won't really transfer well to a road oriented touring bike and you will probably wind up buying everything twice. A better front solution may be a handle bar roll as used in bike packing. Those do not need consideration about suspension and can be ssuper cheap using just a drybag bungee'd or strapped to the bars. Here are a couple of front racks:

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/...ry_country=210

https://www.ebay.ca/i/273393427087?c...hoCfsoQAvD_BwE

Although a seat bag may be better suited, if you want panniers on the back you may wish to have a higher mounted rack to avoid heel strike with your shorter chain stays. It appears you have a rack bolt hole in the drop out. Old man mountain makes a versatile basic rack:

https://oldmanmountain.com/product/s...ete-bike-rack/

Forget your BB. Most last a long time and just replace it when it fails. You will probably not put huge miles on that bike touring before wanting to switch to something more suited - hence the note against investing too much into proprietary parts.
Old 02-09-20, 12:32 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 3427 Post(s)
Liked 1,441 Times in 1,122 Posts
There are some front racks that attach to canti brake posts on the fork, does your bike have those or not?

I knew that Minoura made such a rack, did a google search and found that this one uses some clips to attach to suspension fork. Is your bike quick release or through axle? I have never used this rack, just identifying it.
https://www.amazon.com/Minoura-MT-40...dp/B00FHV0Q92/

There are lots of road tread tires out there, I do not know how wide your rims are so I have no suggestions on what might fit.
Old 02-09-20, 12:47 PM
HobbesOnTour

Bikes: 90's Trek 800 Sport, setup for Fully Loaded Touring

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 32 Posts
Coming from a different perspective you could consider a trailer.
Of course, if very much depends on how much you want to carry, and where.

I am using an ExtraWheel trailer that works particularly well off road, but operates fine on the road too. No wider than my bike with panniers and it tracks the rear wheel perfectly.

Way back in the day I had a lowrider rack attached to my suspension front forks on a hybrid.
It was a cheap, unbranded rack, clamped onto the forks with rubberised u clamps.
​​​​​
That rack carried a lot and is still going strong on a different bike (with different sized wheels).

As mentioned above, consider the "transferability" of anything you may buy.

Good luck!
Old 02-09-20, 12:49 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4253 Post(s)
Liked 3,867 Times in 2,580 Posts
As Happy Feet said try the bike packing bags they are awesome and provided you aren't schlepping a ton of stuff you can still have a good time. I think that is a better overall option till you figure out your touring bike needs. I wouldn't spend time upgrading anything on that bike and just ride it into the ground and save your money for a better bike.

For the next one avoid Tourney/Altus and suspension forks unless you are going off road with big hits (which I wouldn't do on the current bike very often). If you do want more comfort look for a bike with wide tire clearances and run a nice wide tire which will give you the cush without the weight of a suspension fork. Find good reliable components which for Shimano road stuff would be 105 and up and for mountain Deore and up and put them on a nice steel frame which will again add comfort to the ride. Obviously you can get a prebuilt touring bike that has a lot of this stuff and will come a little cheaper but to truly get what you want building a bike from frame up is nice. If you are doing mostly road/gravel touring find a frame that is versatile and maybe a touch more than you might need at the time, your perspectives could change.

I can say when I bought my Co-Motion Cascadia I said I don't want to run any wide tires (32 was my max) and boy was I wrong, I also realized more recently that maybe instead of a drop bar for touring I might want to do an alt-bar like Koga Denham or Velo Orange Crazy or Surly Moloko (the two latter I have used, sadly no Koga dealers in the U.S.) but I am making it work. So there is a small part of me that wants to go with an Americano or Pangea and honestly I should have done that from the start but live and learn. I still could and then sell a bike or two like my parts hybrid and just convert the touring bike into the flat bar hybrid but no plans for that yet.
Old 02-09-20, 01:23 PM
john m flores 
Rider. Wanderer. Creator.

Bikes: Bike Friday Pocket Rocket, Cinelli Hobootleg, Zizzo Liberte

Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked 718 Times in 342 Posts
Back in '97 I converted my Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo hardtail (an entry/mid-level mountain bike) into a touring bike for a trip down the PCH. I started with high pressure 26 x 1" slicks, added a Blackburn rack and panniers and trunk to the back, and a handlebar bag to the front. I also added some some aero bars to the front (Cinelli Spinaci) for additional hand positions and an aero tuck when pushing the big ring.

The bike worked great. I could hang with my friend on his touring bike no problem and had the time of my life. I especially enjoyed riding past the LA Sunday lycra crowd on my Frankenstein bike lol.

I did end up putting heavier items into the handlebar bag to even the weight out a bit and had to adjust to the longer 175mm cranks vs. my normal 172.5mm road bike. When I came home, I took the rack off, put the knobbies back on, and hit the trails.

I don't know your bike at all but I'm sure it will work. If you can get a rear rack and panniers, the panniers should work on your next bike too. And as others have mentioned, bikepacking gear makes it even easier to go this route.

Best of luck!
Old 02-09-20, 01:35 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 3427 Post(s)
Liked 1,441 Times in 1,122 Posts
Four years ago when I was in Iceland, I rode for a day with an Italian that had a mountain bike with front suspension fork, his bike worked for him just great, I attached a photo of it. I do not know what brand of front rack he had or how it was mounted, unfortunately you can't see much behind the panniers.

Likes For Tourist in MSN:
Old 02-09-20, 01:59 PM
alan s 

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1496 Post(s)
Liked 189 Times in 128 Posts
Go with bikepacking bags for the front and a rack and panniers for the rear. Add a frame bag if necessary. Revelate Designs makes quality gear, but there are many others on the market now. Here is my non-sus setup.

Old 02-09-20, 02:03 PM
MarcusT

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 760 Post(s)
Liked 600 Times in 340 Posts
I've used these:
Raider Front - ZEFAL
They worked out well. Did not have any problems
Old 02-09-20, 06:42 PM
Patty Up North

Bikes: Ghost HTX 7500 2005 & Fuji Touring 2016

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HobbesOnTour
Way back in the day I had a lowrider rack attached to my suspension front forks on a hybrid.
It was a cheap, unbranded rack, clamped onto the forks with rubberised u clamps.
​​​​​
My girlfriend tours with a setup, just the same. A cheap, aluminium lowrider. Her Trek 4300 has an old Dart 2 fork on it, that got a bit of scratches, but shes really like, use it till it breaks. But it never did (still going strong).

We have done a 3-weeks trip, and several 2-5 days trip with her Ortlieb frontrollers well loaded up.

You could also buy a rigid fork. But consider if you would do loaded tours with panniers or a more adventure/trails oriented style of touring in the future. Good panniers, nor bikepacking backs, are cheap.

Most importent: Just be sure to get out on the saddle and have a good trip! I get the 'gear-trip' part we all do here on sites like this, but trust me; your entry level MTB will be a great source to adventures. Have fun!
Likes For Patty Up North:
Old 02-09-20, 06:50 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2732 Post(s)
Liked 955 Times in 785 Posts
years ago I bought an inexpensive front rack made for suspension forks, like others mentinoed here it uses clamp things with rubber on them and it worked ok.
I still have it hanging in my garage and will look at the brand. It was fairly cheap, like 25 or 30 bucks, but the store I got it doesnt sell it anymore.

I'll take alook sometime and put up the name. The rack itself seemed perfectly fine, it was just the attachment points of clamp things to the actual rack that wasnt super strong, but Im sure it could be beefed up easily with some diy thinking.

as others said, there are options like a solid fork (not easy perhaps to find the right dimensions etc) and bikepacking stuff, although all will cost you, same with panniers.
Do you have front panniers?
Old 02-09-20, 06:56 PM
djb

ha, remembered that I made a thread about this rack, here it is, for comparison anyway
yowzer, 7 years ago already....

https://www.bikeforums.net/touring/8...sion-rack.html
Old 02-09-20, 08:28 PM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,313 Times in 706 Posts
Filzer makes a front pannier rack for suspension forks https://www.filzer.com/products/slid...-rack/#details

Some mounting hardware for that rack: https://www.filzer.com/products/slid...v-kit/#details

You can by that in Canada here: https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5038-7...nsion-Fork-Kit

Last edited by Happy Feet; 02-09-20 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-09-20, 11:05 PM
MarcusT

Originally Posted by djb
ha, remembered that I made a thread about this rack, here it is, for comparison anyway
yowzer, 7 years ago already....

https://www.bikeforums.net/touring/8...sion-rack.html
That is pretty much the same as the Zefel. I guess they are sold under a number of different brands
Old 02-09-20, 11:18 PM
MarcusT

Originally Posted by RH Clark
Guys, I'm going to cool my heels a bit on buying a new touring bike until I can try out some different bikes, and for now just set up my 2017 Trek Marlin 5 29er for touring. I would really appreciate some recommendations for a front rack that clamps on my suspension fork. I saw one somewhere that allows the suspension to be unlocked but can't find it now.

I would also like some recommendations for tires that will have less rolling resistance on the pavement. The stock tires are 2" wide on rear and 2.2" wide on the front. I would like to go as narrow and road oriented as possible on a new set. I like to so some gravel roads too so something that would excel at both would be great.

I would also like suggestions as to anything in the bearings or such that would need to be upgraded to insure reliability on long trips. I don't know much about this stuff so I wonder if my bottom bracket and such is up to par for a longer trip.

I ride the bike every day right now and haven't had any issues in a long time. Don't know exactly but I've put several hundred miles on it. I recently had a new cassette and chain and cables installed.
I converted my MTB to touring and used it for a couple years for the same reason. I did not want to invest in a new bike and then change hobbies.
The biggest changes I made were:
Brooks B17 saddle
Dual position bar ends (L shaped)
Racks, front and back
Schwalbe Marathon tires. The Mondials are good for gravel
and cheap quick mount fenders

As far as bearings; they should last thousands of miles. If you are handy, and depending on riding conditions, repacking the bearings will help. Unless they are cartridge bearings, I do not have experience with those.
Old 02-10-20, 07:40 AM
mbusky

Bikes: REI's COOP AVD1.1 touring bike

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 19 Posts
Axiom Cycling Gear Journey DLX Lowrider Front Bike Rack Item #152562
REI and Amazon carry this. I have used them on my Trek for two years now and they have never came loose or needed any adjustment on my suspension forks.

Old 02-10-20, 08:42 AM
cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6147 Post(s)
Liked 4,093 Times in 2,325 Posts
I fully agree with Happy Feet's comment about having buy gear twice if you go with bikepacking gear. As I've stated elsewhere, bikepacking gear is really good for bikepacking but not so good for other touring. If, on the other hand, you want to use your Marlin for it's intended use...i.e. as a mountain bike...get bikepacking gear and go on a bikepacking adventure. It's fully capable and the ruggedness of the bike opens up a lot of territory to exploration.

I wouldn't suggest using a clamp on front low rider on a suspension fork, however. The lower sliders aren't designed to take the weight nor stresses that loaded panniers can put on them. I'd be concerned about crushing the fork legs. A better alternative is to just get a suspension corrected front fork for the bike for around $100. Swapping forks is trivial with the headset the Marlin has. You might need a lower race to make the swap simpler but even that is only a minor problem. Surly sells a number of different forks that would work and would give you the mounting spots you want. It's more expensive than the lowrider rack but in the long run it might be cheaper. Suspension forks cost much more than a rigid fork.

You have 622mm rims. The world is your oyster when it comes to tires. Pick any tire you like because it won't make that much difference.

Your bottom bracket will last for thousands of miles...even tens of thousands... without doing a single thing to it. In fact, you can't do anything to it so don't worry about it. If it starts to get wobbly or it starts to be hard to pedal, replace it. But that's years in the future.
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!

Old 02-10-20, 09:26 AM
Wilfred Laurier
Señor Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 648 Post(s)
Liked 291 Times in 215 Posts
Your desire for tires that are as narrow as possible, but able to do gravel, is kind of misguided. Narrow tires are not necessarily faster, esp. on a loaded touring bike, and esp. esp. on rough surfaces. Wider tires give you better traction, and less 'suspension losses' (energy lost to you and the bike being bumped up and down instead of moving straight forward). Also, wider tires will usually deflect less under its load than a narrower tire, and that deflection is where the energy loss called 'rolling resistance' comes from. Another problem with narrow tires is they give less protection for your rims from dents, and for your tubes from pinch flats.

If you want fast rolling tires, don't get narrower tires, but tires with a lighter casing, like Rene Herse or Grand Bois tires. Or, to save some $$, Panaracer Pasela tires. Even the very good quality flat-resistant tires like Schwalbe Marathon Supreme or Continental Top Contact tires will make your bike feel like a Ferrari.

However, there is always a trade off between flat protection and rolling resistance - the belts and strips and layers manufacturers add to protect from flats will always, to some extent, result in more rolling resistance than the same tire without such features.

Narrow tires are generally lighter and provide less frontal area to create aerodynamic resistance - which is why they are used in racing - but such things on a loaded touring bike are generally of less importance than long-distance comfort (shock absorption of wider tires) and resistance to tire/tube/rim damage.
Old 02-10-20, 09:57 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Quoted: 18321 Post(s)
Liked 15,302 Times in 7,232 Posts
https://oldmanmountain.com/////shop-omm/
Old 02-10-20, 10:10 AM
djb

If I had ended up using my mtb for more trips, the OMM racks seem to be the most sturdy. Here in Canada they certainly aren't cheap, but in the end I didn't need them.
Old 02-10-20, 10:39 AM
Rob_E

Bikes: Downtube 8H, Surly Troll

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 21 Posts
A major factor that hasn't been mentioned is how much gear you are going to carry. Front rack options exist, but my set-up lately has been what Alan suggests: rack and panniers in the back, bike-packing up front. I don't run a suspension fork, but that's still my preferred set-up lately.
Handlebar roll and a frame bag and rear panniers gets you a fair amount of capacity. Only you can say if it gets you enough capacity.

Tires. Agree with Wilfred. trying to go narrow while also planning on doing gravel riding may not be the best route. Rather look for low tread tires of a similar width to what you ride now. I have a set of Rene Herse tires that I love for being smooth and fast rolling, but still wide and cushy. What I don't know is how well they would wear on a long tour. Of course I also don't know how long of a tour you are considering. If I were in your shoes, I'd be looking at the Antelope Hill in the "endurance" casing. Also a contender would be the Schwalbe Almotions. I'd consider the Surly ETs, too, but in a 29er, you're limited to 2.5" or 41mm.
Old 02-10-20, 11:22 AM
cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Quoted: 6147 Post(s)
Liked 4,093 Times in 2,325 Posts
Originally Posted by Rob_E
A major factor that hasn't been mentioned is how much gear you are going to carry. Front rack options exist, but my set-up lately has been what Alan suggests: rack and panniers in the back, bike-packing up front. I don't run a suspension fork, but that's still my preferred set-up lately.
Handlebar roll and a frame bag and rear panniers gets you a fair amount of capacity. Only you can say if it gets you enough capacity.
The issue isn't capacity but the effect that the load has on bicycle handling. In my experience of both bikepacking and road touring, lowriding panniers are far more desirable than the high mounted option. Especially when combined with a rear load. Bikepacking gear tends to be front heavy but unlike lowrider panniers, that load is high and front heavy. Steering and handling are compromised with the high load. In extreme cases...like rugged and steep off-road riding...the front load is high enough to cause endos for the unsuspecting. There is less issue with hitting panniers on trail obstacles, however. There's a compromise to be made and whether or not that compromise is good depends on the circumstances.

Lowriding panniers, on the other hand, stabilize the bike and make the handling much more predictable. They aren't good for rough roads but for smooth gravel and pavement, lowriders are far preferable. (There's that compromise again.) A heavy load on a short chain stay bike with a high bottom bracket like the Marlin presents lots of other problems, as well. The tail will wag the dog because panniers of "normal" size (about 40 L) on there rear, they will have to be moved rearward and/or upward to avoid heelstrike.

Another compromise is the ease of removal. Road touring bags have good attachments to the racks that remove easily and quickly. Unfortunately, the attachments aren't strong enough for rugged use. Bikepacking bags have great strong attachments but that makes them far more difficult to remove and the odd shapes make them hard to carry efficiently. In other words, they stay on the bike really well but are much more of a hassle to remove.

The bottom line: for road touring, lowriders make a lot more sense because the handling is much improved and their removal is simple and efficient. There's less fighting the bike while riding and less fighting the bags to remove them. For off-road, the handling problems of the high mounted bikepacking bag are secondary to the improved clearance and superior attachment.
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!

Old 02-10-20, 01:45 PM
Rob_E

Bikes: Downtube 8H, Surly Troll

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
The issue isn't capacity but the effect that the load has on bicycle handling. In my experience of both bikepacking and road touring, lowriding panniers are far more desirable than the high mounted option. Especially when combined with a rear load. Bikepacking gear tends to be front heavy but unlike lowrider panniers, that load is high and front heavy. Steering and handling are compromised with the high load. In extreme cases...like rugged and steep off-road riding...the front load is high enough to cause endos for the unsuspecting. There is less issue with hitting panniers on trail obstacles, however. There's a compromise to be made and whether or not that compromise is good depends on the circumstances.

Lowriding panniers, on the other hand, stabilize the bike and make the handling much more predictable. They aren't good for rough roads but for smooth gravel and pavement, lowriders are far preferable. (There's that compromise again.) A heavy load on a short chain stay bike with a high bottom bracket like the Marlin presents lots of other problems, as well. The tail will wag the dog because panniers of "normal" size (about 40 L) on there rear, they will have to be moved rearward and/or upward to avoid heelstrike.
I have also carried gear both ways. If I'm going to carry 40 liters of gear up front, it'll be in panniers. But the way I've dealt with this is to not have 40 liters of gear up front. I generally have 15 to 20 liters up front when I am using my hybrid, bikepacking set up. I don't find that it compromises steering. I also don't put the heaviest stuff in my handlebar roll. It's basically my tent and sleeping gear, which is all fabric. While I agree that carrying weight lower is better. If you can pare down your gear to the point where you are carrying less than 20 liters up front, then I have found that I'm much happier skipping the extra weight of a front rack and panniers, and just carrying the gear on my handlebars. I know you have strong, contrary feelings otherwise, but I've also tried it both ways and don't find my current, front-end set-up to be as onerous as you find it.

Originally Posted by cyccommute
Another compromise is the ease of removal. Road touring bags have good attachments to the racks that remove easily and quickly. Unfortunately, the attachments aren't strong enough for rugged use. Bikepacking bags have great strong attachments but that makes them far more difficult to remove and the odd shapes make them hard to carry efficiently. In other words, they stay on the bike really well but are much more of a hassle to remove.
I agree in general, but that's why I like the hybrid approach. Anything I pack on the front of the bike, I don't need access to during the day. Getting into and out of my handlebar roll to retrieve something multiple times a day would be a hassle, so my handlebar hold my sleeping stuff. I only need to get into it once a day, and when I do, I'm emptying the entire thing, so it ends up not really being a hassle at all. And some of that can mitigated by the attachment system. I use a bag and cradle combination currently that makes removing and reattaching the bag fairly simple. Not as simple as my panniers, but it's worth it for me to not have front rack. When I was just strapping a dry bag to my handlebars, it was a lot more fiddly, but the bag and cradle combo is pretty easy to use.

I have packed my gear a number of ways: four panniers, two large panniers on the front, two large panniers on the rear, and full bikepacking with seat bag, handlebar bag, and frame bag. If I need the space of four panniers, I'm all for the two rack set-up. But these days I'm pretty happy with my hybrid set-up.
Old 02-10-20, 01:58 PM
alan s 

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1496 Post(s)
Liked 189 Times in 128 Posts
I use the handlebar roll to carry clothes and other light gear. If extra capacity is needed, I’ll add Salsa Anything cages and bags to the fork. This is preferable to panniers up front, low or high.
Old 02-10-20, 02:41 PM
Leebo

Bikes: Kona Dawg, Surly 1x1, Karate Monkey, Rockhopper, Crosscheck , Burley Runabout,

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Liked 111 Times in 66 Posts

If you have skinny tires for the road why would you want or need a sus fork? Try some bigger slick/race tires, say2-2.2 or so. Air down if needed for off road, ditch the sus fork. I run 3" tires on my krampus, no sus fork for singletrack or dirt.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.