Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Elite Sterzo Smart. Any non-racers using this?

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-21, 08:42 AM
Ataylor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Perhaps I didn't search correctly, but I've only seen this mentioned in a couple threads on here (one of which was Recent Purchases), so not much to go off of outside of Youtube reviews, which are pretty much race-focused.

Was wondering if any of you guys had long-term experience with this piece as casual users? I bought my first trainer and have read reviews about how it can get a little boring after a while since there's not much movement involved, so figured this would add a nice touch. I'm just wondering if those who have used this simply for casual riding / training noticed a difference that you felt made the purchase worthy? Or are the benefits only really noticed in races, as people have mentioned?

All thoughts, opinions and comments are welcome.
Old 10-21-21, 04:42 AM
bored117 

Bikes: Lynskey R230 DA DI2 ENVE 3.4 SES, 6KU Fixie, Cheap Aluminum Slapstick Trainer only bike

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I have one since release gathering dust now. I ride on rocker plate and it moves itself enough when I turn my wheel to off center my bike which got annoying. Before rocker plate... it was okay.
Likes For bored117:
Old 10-27-21, 12:23 PM
Ataylor

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Never knew such a thing as rocker plates existed. That's pretty awesome. Thanks for your insight on the Sterzo and the heads up on the rocker. I appreciate it.