Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Good Neighbor...

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Good Neighbor...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-22, 08:58 AM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,751 Times in 938 Posts
Good Neighbor...

Yesterday, I was hanging at my beach with a couple of grand kids and great grandkids...

My wife yelled at me (she does that) asking, "Do you want these bike parts?" I turned around and there was a neighbor, from two cottages down, holding a large plastic box full of bike components. His son was a professional bicycle racer, sponsored by different companies, and had acquired lots of high end bikes and boxes full of odds and ends. The neighbors boy (now a man) lives down east and my neighbor is planning a move to Alaska. Anyway, in preparing for that move he was going to toss the parts into the local dump but then remembered that I might want them. I did and he says that he has lots more to get rid of, would I like them? Yes!

I will never use this handlebar set-up so it will find its way into the For Sale forum...

I might keep a saddle or might not. All are used, one torn (the black one) but in pretty good shape. The Turbo looks to be a take off from a new bike. It too will find its way into the FS forum...

Anyway, I am chomping at the bit to see what else mi neighbor intends to send my way. A Bianchi, to go with the seat post, would work just fine. More to show and tell - I hope!