Go Back  Bike Forums > The Lounge > Foo
Reload this Page >

RIP Eddie Van Halen

Notices
Foo Light hearted off-topic chit chat with no general subject.

RIP Eddie Van Halen

Old 10-07-20, 07:35 PM
Hondo Gravel
es ist mir egal

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2194 Post(s)
Liked 2,300 Times in 1,487 Posts
I can still remember 1983 VH in San Antonio. Sporting the VH concert shirt still reeking of reefer the next morning at school frikin priceless with all the Mary Poppins mentality around. Damn the energy I can still feel in 2020 I’m so glad I was there
Likes For Hondo Gravel:
Old 10-07-20, 10:08 PM
Vintage Schwinn

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked 172 Times in 114 Posts
Here is one version of the OCT 15, 1977 Pasedena bootleg tape that is quality but needs an Equalization to bring it up to the "perfect" copy that is floating around today. Basically if you Capture this audio and then you equalize it separately Left channel INDIVIDUALLY ISOLATED and then Right channel INDIVIDUALLY ISOLATED using both cans (headphones) and speakers in your listening room. Hey, once you get bass and drums to have even emphasis as it would have sounded normal if you were there, get the vocals and the guitar to smoothly blend& balance as it would have sounded in the middle of the 20th row center if you had been there...........you don't want a thin low end with no bass and too much grindy midrange high treble and too little lower end, etc.... ONCE YOU INDIVIDUALLY SET EACH CHANNEL'S eq BASED ON WHAT SOUNDS BEST TO YOUR EARS when listening only to that channel as you set that channel's EQ. Once you do that for both channels individually, then listen to your EQ , Both channels together in Stereo and then make minor adjustments as you see fit, and balance the channels if necessary.....such as raising or lowering the master output of the left or right so that the Balance is good. It is much easier than these directions make it seem like. Your ears will tell you. Because this is an Unreleased Bootleg Tape, DO NOT BE AFRAID TO MOVE THE EQUALIZER SLIDERS WIDELY!!! You have to equalize the heck out of it to get it sonically balanced as it should be. Sometimes with bootlegs, you'll find that they are uploaded & presented with the playback speed being too fast because the meathead dummies with hearing loss at high freq that often collect bootlegs of certain groups, like it that way because they like that sped-up overly trebley, super-cocaine like speed and overly fast guitar parts. Also for certain singers including Roth & Jagger and others, it makes these raw tapes sound brighter and often on poorer multigenerational tapes, it makes Jagger & Roth sound better to some. You must be cognizant that this is historically a problem with unreleased bootlegs as tape speed (pitch) is often way too fast on many. Too slow usually isn't a problem because it makes a multigenerational tape sound muddier and it is easy to recognize that the guitar and vocals are not right. Too fast PLAYBACK speed on the tape is a problem with many live concert bootlegs... Having said that, this 10-15-77 Pasadena tape is close to where it should be, and not way off.
PASADENA Oct 15, 1977

The first live version of RUNNING WITH THE DEVIL MAY 29, 1976 Pasadena California

Audience Tape recording stereo audience cassette tape from TOKYO 6-19-78

Audience Tape recording bootleg from Barton Coliseum, LITTLE ROCK , ARKANSAS June 8, 1979 great performance

There is a youtube uploader going with the youtube handle of MYCOLLECTION who has many Van Halen soundboard tapes but most are OFF-SPEED, meaning that mycollection has presented them at TOO FAST tape playback speed likely because he has high freq hearing loss and or likes tape playback nearing chipmonks speed.
He does have many quality bootleg recordings of VH that other that suffering from being mostly about 5% or sometimes more, TOO FAST tape playback speed.
Examples from youtoober: mycollection of VH live:
TUCSON AZ Oct 2, 1979
OSAKA Sept 11, 1979
PASEDENA 5/29/76 (one hour tape)

--------------------------------------------------
Here is another stereo audience tape recording bootleg June 1, 1978 LONDON at Hammersmith Odeon as opening act for Black Sabbath

6-13-75 Pasadena Hilton

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rock concert ticket buyers at that time during the 1970's did not distinguish between whether one group was of a specific genre or not. Van Halen quickly surpassed Led Zeppelin in popularity at that point in time. Sure, Led Zeppelin's last US Tour was between April 1977 and July 1977 but all of us of a certain age that bought the tickets and attended all the rock shows in the seventies overwhelmingly felt this way. There wasn't any product from Led Zeppelin between Presence (1976) and IN THROUGH THE OUTDOOR (1979) and the 1973 Msg 7-27 & 7-28-73 tapes that made up the SONG REMAINS THE SAME live LP issued in 1976 was not all that good and the film and song selection is not particularly great. Sure, they had some great shows in both 1973 and 1975 with better performances than Song remains the Same. Most of the better 1977 shows are better than Song Remains The Same. Jimmy Page got himself into bad shape as the seventies ended. Do you ever wonder why you never see the photos from 1980 European tour (June & July 1980......final show was in Berlin July 7, 1980) was because Jimmy looked like a skeleton and though he was in poor shape, most performances were good. The Copenhagen, Falconer theater shows in 1979 and at Knebworth 1979 probably weren't Zep's greatest concerts, even though as good as they were and Jimmy P is, it wasn't too bad. What I am saying is that the Van Halen fans that were buying their concert tickets in 1978, 1979, 1980 and buying Van Halen albums had been concert attendees at 1973, 1975, and 1977 US Tours of Led Zeppelin and were huge Zeppelin fans and had all the Zeppelin 8 Tracks and Albums. My old friend, Eugene ________ saw all of them in multiple cities on the same tours. Eugene once was an evening FM disc jockey for a major station back in the day, so he was keen on seeing groups when they were opening acts and club bands because he often interviewed these as they came in to town to play club dates, and he also got to interview many of the major superstar groups after they played the major arenas there. I saw a ton of concerts back in the day too. Being a no talent rock n roller guitarist, I made some recordings of my favorite groups/artists in concert and those in radio had access to transcription open reel tapes and connections to band representatives and band members through having met them each time. Classic Rock radio with emphasis on non-current artists and material did not emerge until disco ended and morphed into garbage new wave like Men Without Hats and Flock of Seagulls and other no talent mtv video generation trash became the rage. Eugene said Van Halen is gonna be big, even before they had issued the first Van Halen album. Eugene was correct about 70% of the time with his predictions like that over the years. I think he saw Van Halen three times in 1978 after the first album came out and every tour at least once through the 1984 tour. Long before he did the bike ride across Georgia in 1986 , while still in radio in the early eighties, Eugene caught and captured a VH concert and there is a great moment where some crazy fan threw her bra onstage, and then Dave picks it up and holds it up and then smiles and looks over at Eddie and says hey Ed you know its too big to be Valerie's, and the crowd went crazy just as they had for all of his other comments and antics during that particularly great Van Halen concert
performance. Van Halen was a force. Too many folks forget that they were massively popular immediately out of the gate. An official live album or live box set from the classic David Lee Roth years is a must for fans.
Likes For Vintage Schwinn:
Old 10-07-20, 11:27 PM
Hondo Gravel
es ist mir egal

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ will definitely play these over the BT stereo tomorrow... thanks for sharing.
Old 10-08-20, 12:03 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 191 Post(s)
Quoted: 4272 Post(s)
Liked 2,240 Times in 1,444 Posts
Originally Posted by skijor View Post
That bites

Did Eddie ever do any collaborations with other axe masters?...SRV, Eric Johnson, Vai, Satrioni, etc?
Yup, EVH was a big fan of other guitarists, especially Allan Holdsworth. There are a few recordings of them jamming.

However he and his management were very wary of damaging their brand, or risking legal actions from competing labels, so it's hard to find really good quality recordings of those jams and collaborations. Like Stevie Ray Vaughan, EVH was very loyal to his band and avoided projects that might cause problems with band mates during Van Halen's peak with DLR. The "Beat It" work with Michael Jackson was an exception.

I recall reading an interview in Guitar Player or some other magazine back in the 1980s when Eddie, in a firm but friendly manner, reached over to a reporter's portable tape machine and told him to turn it off whenever he was playing or when they were rehearsing.

Same with Billy Gibbons, who, under Bill Ham's management, rarely departed from the ZZ Top brand or Ham's direction. It was only after Ham's death that Gibbons loosened up a bit and jammed and collaborated more openly with other musicians.

Different era, when nobody could imagine something like the internet and struggles to monetize music.

Very different from Jimi Hendrix, who was a relentless jammer and left so many recordings behind that to this day his estate is sorting out the authorized vs unauthorized recordings. Many of them were awful and did no favors to the Hendrix legacy, but some released shortly after his death in the early 1970s, like War Heroes, were pretty good. If nothing else it showed Hendrix's loopy sense of humor on "Catastrophe" and "3 Little Bears." I got a kick out of those as a teenager. Sort of demystified Hendrix a bit.

Last edited by canklecat; 10-08-20 at 12:07 AM.
Likes For canklecat:
Old 10-08-20, 08:17 AM
FiftySix
I'm the anecdote.

Bikes: '12 Schwinn, '13 Norco

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,171 Times in 793 Posts
Originally Posted by Vintage Schwinn View Post

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rock concert ticket buyers at that time during the 1970's did not distinguish between whether one group was of a specific genre or not. Van Halen quickly surpassed Led Zeppelin in popularity at that point in time. Sure, Led Zeppelin's last US Tour was between April 1977 and July 1977 but all of us of a certain age that bought the tickets and attended all the rock shows in the seventies overwhelmingly felt this way. There wasn't any product from Led Zeppelin between Presence (1976) and IN THROUGH THE OUTDOOR (1979) and the 1973 Msg 7-27 & 7-28-73 tapes that made up the SONG REMAINS THE SAME live LP issued in 1976 was not all that good and the film and song selection is not particularly great. Sure, they had some great shows in both 1973 and 1975 with better performances than Song remains the Same. Most of the better 1977 shows are better than Song Remains The Same. Jimmy Page got himself into bad shape as the seventies ended. Do you ever wonder why you never see the photos from 1980 European tour (June & July 1980......final show was in Berlin July 7, 1980) was because Jimmy looked like a skeleton and though he was in poor shape, most performances were good. The Copenhagen, Falconer theater shows in 1979 and at Knebworth 1979 probably weren't Zep's greatest concerts, even though as good as they were and Jimmy P is, it wasn't too bad. What I am saying is that the Van Halen fans that were buying their concert tickets in 1978, 1979, 1980 and buying Van Halen albums had been concert attendees at 1973, 1975, and 1977 US Tours of Led Zeppelin and were huge Zeppelin fans and had all the Zeppelin 8 Tracks and Albums. My old friend, Eugene ________ saw all of them in multiple cities on the same tours. Eugene once was an evening FM disc jockey for a major station back in the day, so he was keen on seeing groups when they were opening acts and club bands because he often interviewed these as they came in to town to play club dates, and he also got to interview many of the major superstar groups after they played the major arenas there. I saw a ton of concerts back in the day too. Being a no talent rock n roller guitarist, I made some recordings of my favorite groups/artists in concert and those in radio had access to transcription open reel tapes and connections to band representatives and band members through having met them each time. Classic Rock radio with emphasis on non-current artists and material did not emerge until disco ended and morphed into garbage new wave like Men Without Hats and Flock of Seagulls and other no talent mtv video generation trash became the rage. Eugene said Van Halen is gonna be big, even before they had issued the first Van Halen album. Eugene was correct about 70% of the time with his predictions like that over the years. I think he saw Van Halen three times in 1978 after the first album came out and every tour at least once through the 1984 tour. Long before he did the bike ride across Georgia in 1986 , while still in radio in the early eighties, Eugene caught and captured a VH concert and there is a great moment where some crazy fan threw her bra onstage, and then Dave picks it up and holds it up and then smiles and looks over at Eddie and says hey Ed you know its too big to be Valerie's, and the crowd went crazy just as they had for all of his other comments and antics during that particularly great Van Halen concert
performance. Van Halen was a force. Too many folks forget that they were massively popular immediately out of the gate. An official live album or live box set from the classic David Lee Roth years is a must for fans.
I'll have to defer to those of you that got to experience a lot of live performances. Going to a live concert was a rare thing for me. School or work schedules interfering and a lack of disposable income for me in those days (these days, too).
Old 10-08-20, 08:35 AM
skijor
on by

Bikes: Waterford RS-33, Salsa Vaya, Bacchetta Giro 20 ATT

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 863 Post(s)
Liked 522 Times in 326 Posts
Originally Posted by canklecat View Post
Yup, EVH was a big fan of other guitarists, especially Allan Holdsworth. There are a few recordings of them jamming.

However he and his management were very wary of damaging their brand, or risking legal actions from competing labels, so it's hard to find really good quality recordings of those jams and collaborations. Like Stevie Ray Vaughan, EVH was very loyal to his band and avoided projects that might cause problems with band mates during Van Halen's peak with DLR. The "Beat It" work with Michael Jackson was an exception.

I recall reading an interview in Guitar Player or some other magazine back in the 1980s when Eddie, in a firm but friendly manner, reached over to a reporter's portable tape machine and told him to turn it off whenever he was playing or when they were rehearsing.

Same with Billy Gibbons, who, under Bill Ham's management, rarely departed from the ZZ Top brand or Ham's direction. It was only after Ham's death that Gibbons loosened up a bit and jammed and collaborated more openly with other musicians.

Different era, when nobody could imagine something like the internet and struggles to monetize music.

Very different from Jimi Hendrix, who was a relentless jammer and left so many recordings behind that to this day his estate is sorting out the authorized vs unauthorized recordings. Many of them were awful and did no favors to the Hendrix legacy, but some released shortly after his death in the early 1970s, like War Heroes, were pretty good. If nothing else it showed Hendrix's loopy sense of humor on "Catastrophe" and "3 Little Bears." I got a kick out of those as a teenager. Sort of demystified Hendrix a bit.
I hadn't realized he contributed to Beat It. I stumbled upon that while searching for collaborations.

Thanks for the input on Gibbons and Hendrix. The net certainly has put a twist on how music gets to the point-of-use and how its artists are compensated, much like the news industry.
Old 10-08-20, 11:35 AM
Stadjer

Bikes: Gazelle rod brakes, Batavus compact, Peugeot hybrid

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 4112 Post(s)
Liked 473 Times in 363 Posts
Originally Posted by Vintage Schwinn View Post
David Lee Roth is a better frontman of a rock group than Robert Plant could ever hope to be. Like Townshend with Daltry, Page with Plant, Wood with Stewart-faces, Robertson live with Dylan, the guitar firepower from Eddie was perfect with David Lee Roth's delivery and style. Alex delivering the great oatmeal box sounding drums and the vocals of DLR and the great thunderous bass and the outta this world guitar that perfectly complimented everything.
I might have been selling Van Halen a bit short above. Partly because my collection is more about finding the few albums I believe are the absolutely best and keep falling in love with them for decades than having a big collection of albums I believe are good (that's what I end up with in search of the real gems that last in my appreciation, but it's not what it's about for me). But also because DLR is what a rockstar was to me, maybe with a bit extra. I've never seen Led Zeppelin live but Robert Plant is a charismatic frontman to me too. It's more like every good rockband of those days at a charismatic frontman that could really sing, a guitar player kids could claim was the absolute best, and a drum and bass that were always lively (I tend to only notice drums and bass if they bore me). Standards were just very high back then and Van Halen was meeting them easily.
Old 10-08-20, 12:15 PM
FiftySix
I'm the anecdote.

Robert Plant is a story teller while David Lee Roth is a boisterous cheerleader. Both singers (and bands) were entertaining in their own way.

I've seen Plant sing in person, but not Roth. Not because I didn't want to see Van Halen in concert, but by the time my funds came together it was the Van Hagar days. And I never came to like Van Hagar music, even though I tried. Proof in money spent on the old cassette tapes photo in this thread.
Old 10-08-20, 01:26 PM
FiftySix
I'm the anecdote.

Anyway, back to Eddie.

Likes For FiftySix:
Old 10-08-20, 02:48 PM
Hondo Gravel
es ist mir egal

Originally Posted by FiftySix View Post
Robert Plant is a story teller while David Lee Roth is a boisterous cheerleader. Both singers (and bands) were entertaining in their own way.

I've seen Plant sing in person, but not Roth. Not because I didn't want to see Van Halen in concert, but by the time my funds came together it was the Van Hagar days. And I never came to like Van Hagar music, even though I tried. Proof in money spent on the old cassette tapes photo in this thread.
Yup, I like DLR VH better than Hagar. I like Hagar better solo than with VH. The first 6 albums for me.
Likes For Hondo Gravel:
Old 10-09-20, 07:50 AM
Stadjer

People have been lying (a few) flowers and candles on the stairs of the house where the Van Halen family lived in Nijmegen before they went to the USA. It's not a big event or something, just a small and quite casual honour to show it's remembered he grew up there, Van Halen is generally percieved as a very American band. It's now a student house and they didn't know Van Halen or that they lived there but decided to play Van Halen for the people dropping by with flowers on the evening of the sad news, which is not only nice but life enhancing for those students too. One fan from Nijmegen, who's riding a Van Halen themed bike btw, painted like his guitar and with his autograph, is trying to get a street named after him.

That's going to be complicated, not just because the official rule is that the person has to be dead for ten years, the city has a bad experience with naming a street after Nina Simone (who lived there for a few years too). Street names are part of themed neighbourhoods here, so when the painters, naval heroes, bird species, writers and poets, plants, scientists and statesmen have all had their neighbourhood, municipalities have to come up with a new theme for a new neighbourhood. The city of Nijmedgen came up with 60's to 90's rockbands for a new neighbourhood. Both nice, but now people are in the Deep Purplestreet or Pink Floydstreet looking for the Nina Simonestreet assuming it's in the same music themed neighbourhood, which it is not because Nina Simone died much later and was not a rocker. Of course a Van Halen street would catch out people more knowledgeable about music too and no extension of the rockbandneighbourhood is planned. Besides that Nijmegen is known as Havana on the Waal (river) because of it's left wing coucil, Van Halen probably isn't 'diverse' enough for new streets, despite his Indonesian heritage. So probably no Van Halenstreet there anytime soon.
Likes For Stadjer:
Old 10-09-20, 08:19 AM
FiftySix
I'm the anecdote.

If Nijmegen were a small town in Texas, they'd paint the side of their water tower or put up a billboard with "Home Town of Eddie Van Halen" painted on it. Seems like all the small towns here do something like that if anyone famous was born there or lived there.
Likes For FiftySix:
Old 10-09-20, 09:08 AM
Deal4Fuji
minimalist cyclist

Bikes: yes please

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 933 Post(s)
Liked 893 Times in 590 Posts
^^^ interesting

some recent family history about son Wolfgang

Likes For Deal4Fuji:
Old 10-09-20, 10:01 AM
FiftySix
I'm the anecdote.

I never gave the album this song is from a chance. Some tracks aren't too shabby.

Likes For FiftySix:
Old 10-09-20, 10:13 AM
Stadjer

Originally Posted by FiftySix View Post
If Nijmegen were a small town in Texas, they'd paint the side of their water tower or put up a billboard with "Home Town of Eddie Van Halen" painted on it. Seems like all the small towns here do something like that if anyone famous was born there or lived there.
Yeah, but Nijmegen is a 200K city and the connection isn't that strong. Nina Simone lived there while she was recuperating from mental issues and addiction and she liked it there because people didn't treat here anything special. Angus Young from AC/DC lives in Aalten,about a 100km North whichs is <15k village in a region fittingly named 'the back corner', and the people just say hi like they do to anyone. He's build a huge house after he had been living there in an ordinary house for years which there which got the attention of the international press but the locals will probably sent fans and fotographers in the wrong direction. It's not that they don't know who he is, it's 'farmer's rock' country there, but no one will get excited unless he brings his guitar. Adje Vandenberg from Whitesnake lives a half hour drive further down the road btw. Starstruck just isn't in local vocabulary. Having a street name after you is about as mad as it gets, a square or park is usually for the truly great and don't count on a statue if you didn't change the course of world history.
Likes For Stadjer:
Old 10-09-20, 10:47 AM
bOsscO
bOsscO

Bikes: 2015 Norco Search S1, 2012 Cervelo R5, 93 Mongoose IBOC COMP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked 291 Times in 172 Posts
I was such a huge fan when I was a kid, VH was the the first band I "really" listened to starting in 1985. I learned how to play guitar because I wanted to sound like Eddie.
Anyways this 2018 article by Chuck Klosterman is both hilarious and endearing, give it a read; https://www.vulture.com/article/best...losterman.html

Likes For bOsscO:
Old 10-09-20, 11:02 AM
Lemond1985
Sophomore Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1624 Post(s)
Liked 1,047 Times in 627 Posts
Valerie Bertinelli? WTF, I thought this was an Eddie Van Halen thread.
Old 10-09-20, 12:02 PM
FiftySix
I'm the anecdote.

Originally Posted by bOsscO View Post
I was such a huge fan when I was a kid, VH was the the first band I "really" listened to starting in 1985. I learned how to play guitar because I wanted to sound like Eddie.
Anyways this 2018 article by Chuck Klosterman is both hilarious and endearing, give it a read; https://www.vulture.com/article/best...losterman.html
A snippet from the article.

"131. “Why Can’t This Be Love,” 5150 (1986)
Just so we’re clear, this is not the single worst Van Halen song to listen to. I won’t jump out of a moving vehicle if it comes on the radio. But “Why Can’t This Be Love” was the first single released off 5150, and that was the worst decision the band ever made.
. . .
Eddie Van Halen’s auto mechanic suggested he audition Sammy Hagar. The new line-up debuted that September at Farm Aid and went on to record four No. 1 albums. with a cold, mid-tempo, keyboard-based love song installed the belief that Van Halen was moving away from high-octane fiesta rock and toward responsible, AOR maturity. That sentiment was galvanized almost four months later, when Roth’s solo band debuted with “Yankee Rose,” an unbelievably ebullient song about wanting to **** the Statue of Liberty. Roth never came up with another single as good as “Yankee Rose,” but the impact was seismic and perpetual. From that point forward, we would always know who was Laverne and who was Shirley."

Yep.
Likes For FiftySix:
Old 10-09-20, 12:06 PM
FiftySix
I'm the anecdote.

And this from the same article, for all y'all that had 8-track players like I did back in the day.

"73. “Little Dreamer,” Van Halen (1978)
. . . I was introduced to “Little Dreamer” on an 8-track tape. It was the last song on program three, but there was only room for the first minute and 20 seconds, so the music faded out after Dave sings the line, “Seems no one’s talking ‘bout those crazy days gone past.” It would then click over to program four and fade back in for the remaining two minutes. If you’ve never seen an 8-track, I’m sure this makes no sense whatsoever. It probably sounds like I’m describing a gramophone or a reel-to-reel or a butter churn. But to me, this experience may as well have happened yesterday, and I can’t get over it. Every time I hear “Little Dreamer,” I wait for the song to fade out in the middle and skip to the next program, and every time — every time — I’m disoriented when that doesn’t happen. It’s more or less the only thing I can think about when I hear this song. So maybe it’s amazing, maybe it’s terrible. I’ll never know for sure, and I love being old."
Likes For FiftySix:
Old 10-09-20, 12:31 PM
bikecrate

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 588 Post(s)
Liked 254 Times in 164 Posts
Their first album is one of the few rock bands from that era that I liked. Even to a punker like me I had to admire his guitar playing ability.

I also remember (not clearly though ) of seeing them live at one of those huge stadium mega rock concerts back in the early 80's. They were not the headliners (it might have been The Who or Rolling Stones), The audience gave them a hard time. I don't what it was about FL audiences back then, but they were rough on the opening acts. Anyways, David Lee Roth mooned us on the way out.
Old 10-09-20, 12:34 PM
Hondo Gravel
es ist mir egal

[QUOTE=FiftySix;21735703]I never gave the album this song is from a chance. Some tracks aren't too shabby.

[/QUOTE

Yup, was listening to this album and canít believe I didnít give it a chance. Played in twice in a row. I guess I was stuck on the original 6 albums. VH sales have gone up 6000% the last few days. I have my Eddie Van Halen t-shirt in the mail heading my way.
Likes For Hondo Gravel:
Old 10-11-20, 01:17 PM
Glennfordx4 
Holy Spokes it's Batsman!

Bikes: Too many Bicycles to list

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 31 Posts
Eddie Van Halen's death has hit me almost as much as a close family member dying, no other famous person that has passed has hit me like this.He is/was my all time guitar hero, like many other kids growing up in the late 70's & 80's he is what got me into hard rock & learning to play guitar ( I just don't have the Gift). Never got the chance to see them live and always held out hope that I would before I die. His son has said that he and his uncle Alex are going to search through all Eddies recordings and see if they can find new music to release at a later time. I just read that Eddie had all his music put on a PC and made everything easy to find but then the HD crashed, he didn't want to redo it cause of the length of time it took him the first time ( you can see in photos of 5150 the walls are full of tape & CD's).

Glenn
Likes For Glennfordx4:
Old 10-13-20, 03:20 PM
Hondo Gravel
es ist mir egal

Arrive in the mail today. BAD AZZ give it a quick wash and will wearing this shirt tomorrow. Rest In Power!

Likes For Hondo Gravel:
Old 10-13-20, 08:23 PM
Hondo Gravel
es ist mir egal

Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel View Post
Arrive in the mail today. BAD AZZ give it a quick wash and will wearing this shirt tomorrow. Rest In Power!

Thanks Fifty Six Rock On!
Old 10-13-20, 08:39 PM
Lemond1985
Sophomore Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1624 Post(s)
Liked 1,047 Times in 627 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel View Post

"Where'd he get them red striped pantaloons? And look at the long hair! Put a shirt on mister! This ain't no episode of COPS. Dang kinds with their loud music."
\
Likes For Lemond1985:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.