Go Back  Bike Forums > The Lounge > Foo
Reload this Page >

Funny or Interesting GIFs

Notices
Foo Light hearted off-topic chit chat with no general subject.

Funny or Interesting GIFs

Old 05-29-21, 08:28 PM
Shimagnolo

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2542 Post(s)
Liked 2,586 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by Kat12 View Post
^OMG that makes my nose hurt just watching it...
Better than a Neti pot!
Old 05-29-21, 08:37 PM
DiabloScott
It's MY mountain

Bikes: Klein, Merckx, Trek

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 3020 Post(s)
Liked 1,043 Times in 599 Posts
Originally Posted by genec View Post
Yeah, that is pretty much the rules I remember... any forced runner can be out by tagging the base. Was there a rule change this last season???
It would be an interesting change of rules if the batter could opt not to run on a hit.
And by "interesting", I mean still not interesting enough for me to watch.
Likes For DiabloScott:
Old 06-01-21, 07:34 AM
chewybrian 
"Florida Man"

Bikes: '16 Bob Jackson rando, '66 Raleigh Superbe, 80 Nishiki Maxima, 07 Gary Fisher Utopia, 09 Surly LHT

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 890 Times in 487 Posts
Old 06-01-21, 07:58 AM
FBOATSB 

Bikes: Old Stuff

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 724 Post(s)
Liked 188 Times in 145 Posts
Originally Posted by chewybrian View Post
Big bad momma bear in a blue dress.
Old 06-01-21, 08:16 AM
Shimagnolo

Was that Granny Clampett?
Old 06-01-21, 10:16 AM
Joe Bikerider

Bikes: 1969 Peugeot PX10, 1992 Della Santa, Linus Roadster 8

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked 217 Times in 127 Posts
Originally Posted by DiabloScott View Post
It would be an interesting change of rules if the batter could opt not to run on a hit.
That rule is a key difference between baseball and cricket. In (traditional) test cricket the batter is not obligated to run after hitting the ball. And a complete test match can take five days. To speed things up the rules have been adjusted to limit the overall number of pitches thrown in a game. That encourages something happening for the fans to watch.
Old 06-01-21, 11:33 AM
genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 10690 Post(s)
Liked 2,715 Times in 1,865 Posts
Originally Posted by Shimagnolo View Post
Was that Granny Clampett?
Only if Granny is 17 years old...

https://www.local10.com/news/weird-n...n-viral-video/

Video is on instagram... but it shows more, and has sound. Bear was a mama, protecting her cubs. Cubs fled at the first sound of the dogs. Mama stayed to fight. Girl was protecting her dogs.

From youtube...

Last edited by genec; 06-01-21 at 11:37 AM.
Likes For genec:
Old 06-01-21, 11:43 AM
Shimagnolo

Only if Granny is 17 years old...

https://www.local10.com/news/weird-n...n-viral-video/

Video is on instagram... but it shows more, and has sound. Bear was a mama, protecting her cubs. Cubs fled at the first sound of the dogs. Mama stayed to fight. Girl was protecting her dogs.

From youtube...
https://youtu.be/DKB1kQ33UAA
Holy ****! That bear had cubs!!!
Now I've gone from thinking the girl was brave, to firmly convinced she was crazy!
Likes For Shimagnolo:
Old 06-02-21, 07:16 PM
DiabloScott
It's MY mountain

Bikes: Klein, Merckx, Trek

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 3020 Post(s)
Liked 1,043 Times in 599 Posts
I promise you'll like this... don't have to watch it all to get the feel.

Likes For DiabloScott:
Old 06-02-21, 08:11 PM
RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

Bikes: Surly CrossCheck, Krampus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 1,403 Times in 1,037 Posts
Fascinating, from overhead it all looks so horizontal and flat!

Where's the part with the chainsaws?
Old 06-02-21, 09:25 PM
Joe Bikerider

Bikes: 1969 Peugeot PX10, 1992 Della Santa, Linus Roadster 8

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked 217 Times in 127 Posts
This brings back some memories. As an undergrad at UC San Diego we had some unusual professors. 1970-1973. One Math prof was also a well known juggler. I used to loiter in the hallway in hopes of catching a performance. Now that you made me look him up I am sad to find out of his recent death.

https://cse.ucsd.edu/about/news/ron-...cian-1935-2020

And speaking of bicycles, in 1972-73 I lived in Del Mar and commuted daily to La Jolla (school) on my PX10, sewups donít you know. This route features the famous Torrey Pines grade from sea level up to the top of the mesa. 380 ft elevation at the golf course. A good workout, but I was young then so no problem.

thanks for the memories.
Old 06-03-21, 10:28 AM
RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

Originally Posted by Joe Bikerider View Post
This brings back some memories. As an undergrad at UC San Diego we had some unusual professors. 1970-1973. One Math prof was also a well known juggler. I used to loiter in the hallway in hopes of catching a performance. Now that you made me look him up I am sad to find out of his recent death.

https://cse.ucsd.edu/about/news/ron-...cian-1935-2020
Wow, Ron Graham, I didn't know he started (and ended) at UCSD. I don't think I ever met him, but I certainly knew of him and was in his 'academic neighborhood' when he was at Bell Labs and DIMACS (Rutgers/Princeton/BellLabs Math/CS consortium). And I knew he was Erdo"s most frequent host/patron. (I am lucky and proud to have an Erdo"s number of 3 )

And speaking of bicycles, in 1972-73 I lived in Del Mar and commuted daily to La Jolla (school) on my PX10, sewups don’t you know. This route features the famous Torrey Pines grade from sea level up to the top of the mesa. 380 ft elevation at the golf course. A good workout, but I was young then so no problem.
I go up that once a year with my group of friends that rides Port2Port2Port2Port, hitting (and stopping for beer at) Pizza Ports in San Clemente, Carlsbad, Solana, and OB. There was always a divide between the young guns who raced up the steeper inside route, and the old farts who ground up the big road. Because I'm an old fart I always took the road. But one year I tried the inside, and discovered, if you're not treating it as a race, let yourself go 2-3mph, it's much nicer! Lovely views, no cars whizzing by, and it's over quicker.

Last edited by RubeRad; 06-03-21 at 10:31 AM.
Old 06-03-21, 12:11 PM
genec
genec

Originally Posted by RubeRad View Post
Wow, Ron Graham, I didn't know he started (and ended) at UCSD. I don't think I ever met him, but I certainly knew of him and was in his 'academic neighborhood' when he was at Bell Labs and DIMACS (Rutgers/Princeton/BellLabs Math/CS consortium). And I knew he was Erdo"s most frequent host/patron. (I am lucky and proud to have an Erdo"s number of 3 )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9634A0iBw7w

I go up that once a year with my group of friends that rides Port2Port2Port2Port, hitting (and stopping for beer at) Pizza Ports in San Clemente, Carlsbad, Solana, and OB. There was always a divide between the young guns who raced up the steeper inside route, and the old farts who ground up the big road. Because I'm an old fart I always took the road. But one year I tried the inside, and discovered, if you're not treating it as a race, let yourself go 2-3mph, it's much nicer! Lovely views, no cars whizzing by, and it's over quicker.
I always quite enjoyed Torrey Pines Grade... both down and up... And I quite miss the old Torrey Pines road... Back before they realigned it, and back before the big development of bio-meds on the top, Torrey Pines road was a stately, lightly traveled, (most of the time) tree lined, boulevard, shaded by tall eucalyptus trees with few stop lights or signs. (I believe only the hospital and General Atomics were on top of the ridge, back then) I think only the intersection at La Jolla Shores drive had a light... and maybe Genesee. It was a cruise from UCSD to the light at the entry to Del Mar. Then came development, lots of driveways and stop lights, and of course more, faster traffic. SIGH

Inside verses outside... I did outside most of the time... for me, as then a young man, it was a power sprint up that hill... (similar to the old Mission Gorge Road hill). I would either sit and spin... or on my best days, get out of the saddle and "run" it.

I eventually did the "inside," but as an older rider. Hard to say which is better... inside the cars were fewer, and it was quieter, but the road is steeper in places and narrow.

More than once I did the "twin century" ride to Long Beach with AYH, and coming back to San Diego, TPG was sort of the end terminus... the finish line. Make that grade at the end, and you felt like you had accomplished something. Take the rest of the weekend off.

Regarding the Port Port Ride... OMG... after one or two of those IPAs... I would be done. (but happy)

My personal beer rides were either to Dulzura and the Dulzura Cafe, or up to Carlsbad... either from North Park. (don't remember the place I went to in Carlsbad... tiny bar with pictures of a boxers on the walls). Either way, one Coors and then back Home. It all depended on whether I wanted a mountain ride or a beach ride.

Sorry to steal the GIF thread with a bike discussion... but Torrey Pines Grade just brings back so many memories. (from the last freakin' century, man... Oh so long ago)
Old 06-03-21, 12:21 PM
RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

Regarding the Port Port Ride... OMG... after one or two of those IPAs... I would be done. (but happy)
Fortunately, there's enough oldsters in the group to keep the average pace down to like 10-11mph. Still, each year the ride reinforces my strong desire to never ride a Century.

Sorry to steal the GIF thread with a bike discussion...
Shame on you! But actually, if we don't get some occasional bike content in here, the mods might take this away from us like P&R. (Just joshin, I don't really mind that P&R is gone, I have a vague urge/itch now that I have nobody to chat about news with, but life is more peaceful and that's a good thing)
Old 06-03-21, 01:15 PM
genec
genec

Fortunately, there's enough oldsters in the group to keep the average pace down to like 10-11mph. Still, each year the ride reinforces my strong desire to never ride a Century.

Shame on you! But actually, if we don't get some occasional bike content in here, the mods might take this away from us like P&R. (Just joshin, I don't really mind that P&R is gone, I have a vague urge/itch now that I have nobody to chat about news with, but life is more peaceful and that's a good thing)
Just about every weekend back in the late '70s and early '80s I faithfully made the ride to either Dulzura or Carlsbad... it was my weekend "thang." I would ride out and have that one Coors, and ride back and then have a Grolsh. Those rides where roughly ~65 miles in the mountains or ~80 miles on the relative flats of the coast... and I bike commuted to work... didn't own a car... to me, a century was "nothing." The AYH twin century was merely a "group ride" with a camp out in the middle. Of course... that was a long time ago...

BTW, I miss P&R... but yeah, no doubt it was becoming "difficult" to manage.
Old 06-03-21, 03:13 PM
ahsposo 
Major Member

Bikes: A Home Built All Rounder, Bianchi 928, Specialized Langster, Dahon Folder

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 5435 Post(s)
Liked 2,763 Times in 1,634 Posts
Just about every weekend back in the late '70s and early '80s I faithfully made the ride to either Dulzura or Carlsbad... it was my weekend "thang." I would ride out and have that one Coors, and ride back and then have a Grolsh. Those rides where roughly ~65 miles in the mountains or ~80 miles on the relative flats of the coast... and I bike commuted to work... didn't own a car... to me, a century was "nothing." The AYH twin century was merely a "group ride" with a camp out in the middle. Of course... that was a long time ago...

BTW, I miss P&R... but yeah, no doubt it was becoming "difficult" to manage.
Dude, it's back open. The real casualty was my beloved Droolheim, once the playground of the internet's elite.
Old 06-03-21, 03:25 PM
RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

aw, well I will continue to absent myself, at least for a while. I kinda suspected it might actually just be a limited-time cooling off period. I hope people learned their lesson and behave better.
Old 06-03-21, 03:26 PM
ahsposo 
Major Member

Bikes: A Home Built All Rounder, Bianchi 928, Specialized Langster, Dahon Folder

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 5435 Post(s)
Liked 2,763 Times in 1,634 Posts
aw, well I will continue to absent myself, at least for a while. I kinda suspected it might actually just be a limited-time cooling off period. I hope people learned their lesson and behave better.
Old 06-09-21, 03:08 AM
chewybrian 
"Florida Man"

Bikes: '16 Bob Jackson rando, '66 Raleigh Superbe, 80 Nishiki Maxima, 07 Gary Fisher Utopia, 09 Surly LHT

Old 06-09-21, 05:53 AM
J.Higgins 
Mentally Derailleured

Bikes: Bilenky Tourlite, Surly Ogre

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1282 Post(s)
Liked 575 Times in 401 Posts
Originally Posted by chewybrian View Post
Pure joy on that kid's face! This is something I would have done with my son when he was that age.
Old 06-09-21, 08:36 AM
RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

I wish I had the idea to do that when my sons were small enough to lift!
Likes For RubeRad:
Old 06-10-21, 08:03 AM
NoWhammies

Bikes: Argon 18 Gallium, BH G7, Rocky Mountain Instinct C70

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked 316 Times in 208 Posts
I'm more impressed with the way the slow-mo captures the mullet fluttering in the wind.
Likes For NoWhammies:
Old 06-13-21, 05:16 AM
chewybrian 
"Florida Man"

Old 06-14-21, 03:01 AM
chewybrian 
"Florida Man"

Old 06-14-21, 03:53 AM
billnuke1 

Bikes: Only my riders left...

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 423 Times in 252 Posts
!

Lucky duck...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.