Go Back  Bike Forums > The Lounge > Blogger's Forum
Reload this Page >

Made it in another publication

Notices
Blogger's Forum Whether it's a cycling blog, or just your personal page, this is the place to share ideas and links.

Old 06-10-21, 10:47 AM
Pitbull pedal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

We were fortunate enough to make it into Cycling Weekly tech of the month column. Where it was a good review, it was not over the top good. She had her own opinion on what she felt the pedals looked like, which is fine. But they are happy with the functionality of the system. She had mentioned that they were long in length, they visually look long, but when you are clipped in they do not come close to sticking out past your shoe. Here is a photo of the bike on a lean angle in the worst possible position and the pedal is still not making contact with the payment. No one would be in a full turn pedaling at power with an angle anymore than this. I've literally tried to make contact with the ground and I have not succeeded. I'm not saying it can't happen, I just haven't been able to make it happen.

Wish us luck on this adventure.
Likes For Pitbull pedal:
Old 06-10-21, 12:25 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17419 Post(s)
Liked 6,143 Times in 3,166 Posts
More might wish you luck if you stopped eroding any remaining good will with spam posts advertising your pedals.
Likes For WhyFi:
Old 06-10-21, 01:42 PM
Pitbull pedal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
information

Unfortunately I do not see this as a sales pitch the whole pedal was created on this forum many people have given us good suggestions that we have used if you are the leader of this forum and i am doing something absolutely wrong let me know if you're not lighten up and have a great day. I'm just telling a story.
Old 06-10-21, 03:28 PM
tomato coupe

Bikes: Colnago, Van Dessel, Factor, Cervelo, Ritchey

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1455 Post(s)
Liked 2,171 Times in 903 Posts
Originally Posted by Pitbull pedal View Post
I'm just telling a story.
I get phone calls very day where someone "tells me a story" about how my car warranty is about to expire, and I should buy an extended warranty from them.
Old 06-10-21, 04:00 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17419 Post(s)
Liked 6,143 Times in 3,166 Posts
You're trying to use the forum as your marketing grounds. You've posted multiple times about coverage through this outlet or that outlet in a transparent effort to get more eyes on your product. You're doing that again, while also attempting to rebut one of the perceived drawbacks mentioned. If that's not a sales pitch, I don't know what is.

Solicitation
Please refrain from using Bike Forums to promote your "crowdfunding campaign" (kickstarter/indiegogo), commercial services/website, or to advertise items for sale. If you are a Premium Member (Titanium or Red Star), you may attach a short link to your own blog or personal site within your profile or signature to your market items in our marketplace forums here (private sales only, no ebay auctions or online storefronts), or to a noncommercial website that you specifically own. Free members are not allowed sig links for their sites.
Spamming
Spamming is the multiple posting of an identical or similar post on one or more of our Forums. Spam is also flooding the Internet with many copies of the same message, in an attempt to force the message on people who would not otherwise choose to receive it. Most spam is commercial advertising, often for dubious products, get-rich-quick schemes, or quasi-legal services.
Likes For WhyFi:
Old 06-10-21, 05:49 PM
StanSeven
Administrator

Bikes: Cervelo C5, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 894 Post(s)
Liked 864 Times in 628 Posts
The above post explained it well. Bike forums is advertisement free. That is unless you want to become a sponsor. Thread closed.
Likes For StanSeven:
Old 06-11-21, 12:59 AM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 2093 Post(s)
Liked 745 Times in 487 Posts
Thread moved to Bloggers since it's "not a sales pitch"
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.