Go Back  Bike Forums > The Lounge > Foo
Reload this Page >

Underwear

Notices
Foo Light hearted off-topic chit chat with no general subject.

Underwear

Old 06-23-21, 06:34 PM
Skullo
Master of the Universe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 32 Posts
Underwear

Do you fold your underwear, or just dump them in ?
Old 06-23-21, 08:27 PM
thook
(rhymes with spook)

Bikes: '83 univega gran turismo x2, '85 schwinn super le tour,'89 miyata triple cross, '91 GT tequesta, '90 yokota grizzly peak, '94 GT backwoods, '95'ish scott tampico, '98 bonty privateer, '93 mongoose crossway 625, '98 parkpre ariel, 2k'ish giant fcr3

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 708 Post(s)
Liked 518 Times in 387 Posts
i started going commando in college and will never look back. i just don't see how peeps can find comfort wearing them. seams around the groin or boxers always bunching. long underwear is a different story, though. gotta have that in winter. fold or dump depending on in a hurry or not
Old 06-23-21, 08:47 PM
mtb_addict

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 3306 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by thook View Post
i started going commando in college and will never look back. i just don't see how peeps can find comfort wearing them. seams around the groin or boxers always bunching. long underwear is a different story, though. gotta have that in winter. fold or dump depending on in a hurry or not

Underwear is not about comfort, it is about proper hygiene. U change underwear everyday, so you dont have to change pants everyday.
Likes For mtb_addict:
Old 06-23-21, 08:52 PM
grizzly59

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked 192 Times in 124 Posts
Likes For grizzly59:
Old 06-23-21, 08:53 PM
thook
(rhymes with spook)

Bikes: '83 univega gran turismo x2, '85 schwinn super le tour,'89 miyata triple cross, '91 GT tequesta, '90 yokota grizzly peak, '94 GT backwoods, '95'ish scott tampico, '98 bonty privateer, '93 mongoose crossway 625, '98 parkpre ariel, 2k'ish giant fcr3

Originally Posted by mtb_addict View Post
Underwear is not about comfort, it is about proper hygiene. U change underwear everyday, so you dont have to change pants everyday.
how in the heck is it any different wearing underwear or pants against your ars? just keep your butt clean. i don't know about you, but i get my clothes dirty everyday, so i change them everyday. and, i'm a heathen, so i'll opt for comfort
Likes For thook:
Old 06-23-21, 09:49 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 641 Post(s)
Liked 498 Times in 378 Posts
how in the heck is it any different wearing underwear or pants against your ars? just keep your butt clean. i don't know about you, but i get my clothes dirty everyday, so i change them everyday. and, i'm a heathen, so i'll opt for comfort
Shirts, socks, underwear all change daily, shorts are good for 3-4 days, although I like to lean towards commando I don't own enough shorts to do laundry that often. Actually I have more kilts than shorts and kilts are obviously meant to be worn regimental.

As to the original question, dump the clothes out of the dryer into the laundry basket, leave by the dryer for the next load and grab what you need as you need it. Sorting and folding laundry is almost as big a losing proposition as doing dishes; except I need clean dishes to stay healthy and I don't need sorted clothes.
Likes For Russ Roth:
Old 06-23-21, 11:07 PM
Joe Bikerider

Bikes: 1969 Peugeot PX10, 1992 Della Santa, Linus Roadster 8

Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Russ Roth View Post
As to the original question, dump the clothes out of the dryer into the laundry basket, leave by the dryer for the next load and grab what you need as you need it. Sorting and folding laundry is almost as big a losing proposition as doing dishes
i live in a two story house. Bedroom on second floor washer/dryer on ground floor. When my laundry is done I dump it out of the dryer into the basket. Next time I go upstairs I take the basket up too. I put the basket in the closet and operate out of that. Dirty clothes are dumped on the floor, clean clothes are taken from the basket. Then when the house cleaners are coming, the night before I rationalize it all by putting any remaining clean clothes from the basket into the drawers and onto hangers and dump all the dirty clothes from the floor into the basket. I bet the cleaners think I am pretty tidy! If I ever get another two story house the laundry equipment will be on the second floor that makes a lot more sense.
Old 06-23-21, 11:15 PM
skijor
on by

Bikes: Waterford RS-33, Salsa Vaya, Bacchetta Giro 20 ATT

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 864 Post(s)
Liked 524 Times in 328 Posts
One-word reason to wear skivvies---zippers!

Why the h would anyone fold underwear?
Likes For skijor:
Old 06-23-21, 11:59 PM
DiabloScott
It's MY mountain

Bikes: Klein, Merckx, Trek

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 3024 Post(s)
Liked 1,047 Times in 602 Posts
I have so many different colors and shapes it would be hard to choose. So I put the newly washed ones at the bottom of the stack and wear whatever comes to the top... takes all pretense of free-will out of the decision.
Likes For DiabloScott:
Old 06-24-21, 12:21 AM
downtube42

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Volae Team, Priority Eight (for sale), Nimbus MUni, Trek Roscoe 6, Focus Mares.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 467 Post(s)
Liked 980 Times in 497 Posts
Originally Posted by DiabloScott View Post
I have so many different colors and shapes it would be hard to choose. So I put the newly washed ones at the bottom of the stack and wear whatever comes to the top... takes all pretense of free-will out of the decision.
Exactly
Old 06-24-21, 01:23 AM
thook
(rhymes with spook)

Originally Posted by skijor View Post
One-word reason to wear skivvies---zippers!
ha!! that's what button flies are for. really, though, you just learn to "tuck" when you zip...lol
Old 06-24-21, 01:27 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 191 Post(s)
Quoted: 4275 Post(s)
Liked 2,241 Times in 1,444 Posts
I just toss the clean underwear into the underwear drawer. I did enough underwear folding in boot camp, thanks.

Now that it's just me and the cats, I don't even bother folding most clean bed sheets. Usually they stay wadded up in the clean laundry basket (one of those folding cloth mesh things) until they get wadded up in the dirty laundry basket. I'll fold towels and put them in the drawer or on the shelf.

I do hang and/or fold most clothes.

Regarding underwear comfort, check out the long leg boxer/briefs from Russell, Under Armour, Ironman, Champion and others. These fit perfectly, no uncomfortable seams or bunching and they're made from excellent quality wicking fabric. I wouldn't run without 'em.
Old 06-24-21, 01:48 AM
thook
(rhymes with spook)

once yer commando, yer always commando. free the nads!!!!
Old 06-24-21, 08:08 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 200 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13791 Post(s)
Liked 6,743 Times in 3,395 Posts
ha!! that's what button flies are for. really, though, you just learn to "tuck" when you zip...lol
Ted was not very good at tucking.

Old 06-24-21, 08:20 AM
skijor
on by

Treat 'em like a bike stem...flip it. #insideout
Note that you'll have to dress left instead of dressing right. (Male vets will get that one)
Old 06-24-21, 08:25 AM
bikecrate

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 589 Post(s)
Liked 254 Times in 164 Posts
I fold my underwear. I am not a barbarian.
Likes For bikecrate:
Old 06-24-21, 08:25 AM
skijor
on by

once yer commando, yer always commando. free the nads!!!!
Keep calm and yada yada
Likes For skijor:
Old 06-24-21, 09:10 AM
ksryder

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1276 Post(s)
Liked 628 Times in 324 Posts
Originally Posted by canklecat View Post
I just toss the clean underwear into the underwear drawer. I did enough underwear folding in boot camp, thanks.
So many dumb things we had to do in boot camp for no other reason than because that's the way it's always been done.

And then, when I actually got sent to a combat zone, you know how often making my bunk or digging a foxhole was relevant? Zero times.

They even changed the style of boot now so they can't be shined. How many hours did we waste trying to get a half decent shine on those terrible basic issue boots?

Somehow I managed to make E-6 before I got out even with my terrible, terrible attitude.
Likes For ksryder:
Old 06-24-21, 09:40 AM
DiabloScott
It's MY mountain

Bikes: Klein, Merckx, Trek

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 3024 Post(s)
Liked 1,047 Times in 602 Posts
Originally Posted by ksryder View Post
So many dumb things we had to do in boot camp for no other reason than because that's the way it's always been done.

And then, when I actually got sent to a combat zone, you know how often making my bunk or digging a foxhole was relevant? Zero times.

They even changed the style of boot now so they can't be shined. How many hours did we waste trying to get a half decent shine on those terrible basic issue boots?

Somehow I managed to make E-6 before I got out even with my terrible, terrible attitude.
Thin Thick Thick Thin ?? OK, that was for T-shirts, but same idea,
Likes For DiabloScott:
Old 06-24-21, 10:48 AM
genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 10719 Post(s)
Liked 2,738 Times in 1,880 Posts
They don't make enough styles of pants with button flies.

And imagine if they did... you never had to wear the 13 button US Navy uniform pants.... ARRRG!

Sidenote: I love Levis 501 button front pants... they seemed to hold up to anything.

Last edited by genec; 06-24-21 at 10:51 AM.
Old 06-24-21, 09:09 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 191 Post(s)
Quoted: 4275 Post(s)
Liked 2,241 Times in 1,444 Posts
Originally Posted by ksryder View Post

It took awhile for me to understand the rationale behind doing things the military way. When I got into health care and occupational safety I saw many instances of injuries, illnesses and fatalities caused by taking shortcuts and neglecting proper procedure.

But I still don't fold my underwear. I got the point, Company Commander Kilpatrick, thanks.
Old 06-24-21, 09:19 PM
Hondo Gravel
es ist mir egal

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2200 Post(s)
Liked 2,313 Times in 1,493 Posts
After 4 days of camping my underwear permanently stuck to my skin. I knew then I needed a bath. Yup I just throw the underwear in a drawer anyway they fit.
Old 06-24-21, 09:45 PM
noisebeam
Arizona Dessert

Bikes: Cannondale SuperSix, Lemond Poprad. Retired: Jamis Sputnik, Centurion LeMans Fixed, Diamond Back ascent ex

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Quoted: 5096 Post(s)
Liked 1,806 Times in 1,078 Posts
I fold my boxers in half and stack them on the dryer where they are stored.
Old 06-24-21, 09:49 PM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked 229 Times in 168 Posts
When you consider what comfortable underwear cost these days its a wash in cold water, no dryer, and a fold to rotate the bunch. My commando days ended with post void dribble. Twenty years ago I would not have bothered. Also, twenty years ago I would not have bothered with a stupid thread like this one...
Old 06-24-21, 10:09 PM
Hondo Gravel
es ist mir egal

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2200 Post(s)
Liked 2,313 Times in 1,493 Posts
Originally Posted by zandoval View Post
When you consider what comfortable underwear cost these days its a wash in cold water, no dryer, and a fold to rotate the bunch. My commando days ended with post void dribble. Twenty years ago I would not have bothered. Also, twenty years ago I would not have bothered with a stupid thread like this one...
I heard they are going to build a large movie studio in Bastrop. Try to get movie production going in the Austin area. Maybe underwear commercials
Likes For Hondo Gravel:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.