Go Back  Bike Forums > The Lounge > Foo
Reload this Page >

Boycott 12oz beers

Notices
Foo Light hearted off-topic chit chat with no general subject.

Boycott 12oz beers

Old 07-04-21, 04:12 PM
Hondo Gravel
es ist mir egal

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2185 Post(s)
Liked 2,289 Times in 1,478 Posts
Boycott 12oz beers

Beers shouldn’t be in 12 ounce cans they should be in pints everybody have a safe 4th and DONT DRINK AND DRIVE! if you do I will find you and take the air out of your bike tires
Old 07-04-21, 04:26 PM
tyrion

Bikes: Breezer Radar

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1880 Post(s)
Liked 1,274 Times in 605 Posts
Boycott any beer with less than 5% alcohol.
Old 07-04-21, 04:34 PM
joesch

Bikes: 83 Colnago Super, 87 50th Daccordi, 79 & 87 Guerciotti's, 90s Colnago Master and Titanio, 96 Serotta Colorado TG, 95/05 Colnago C40/C50, 06 DbyLS TI, 08 Lemond Filmore FG SS, 12 Cervelo R3, 20/15 Surly Stragler & Steamroller

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked 226 Times in 161 Posts
Originally Posted by tyrion View Post
Yes and I really prefer 8+ ABV except at pubs where they want to put the more potent stuff if sniffers and tease glasses
I agree with Hondo Gravel as beers should be in pint servings and not be diet beer.

Last edited by joesch; 07-04-21 at 04:38 PM.
Likes For joesch:
Old 07-04-21, 04:39 PM
Mad Honk 

Bikes: Trek 770, Trek 760, Schwinn Paramount, Patelli Professional, Othon Ochsner

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Liked 580 Times in 440 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel View Post
Beers shouldn’t be in 12 ounce cans they should be in pints everybody have a safe 4th and DONT DRINK AND DRIVE! if you do I will find you and take the air out of your bike tires
Says the guy who was going to quit drinking beer for 90 days! Har! MH
Likes For Mad Honk:
Old 07-04-21, 04:56 PM
Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Timberjack, Expert TG, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 2445 Post(s)
Liked 1,216 Times in 788 Posts
I’ve been mostly drinking gin cocktails lately, so I’m fine with this. Anyone for a gimlet?
Genesis 49:16-17
Likes For Darth Lefty:
Old 07-04-21, 05:50 PM
downtube42

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Volae Team, Priority Eight (for sale), Nimbus MUni, Trek Roscoe 6, Focus Mares.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Liked 978 Times in 495 Posts
Very stereotypical PNW Sunday today, starting taking the no. 2 bus to Petite Provence for a scramble and coffee, finished with a croissant with raspberry sauce. From there we walked division checking out what survived the plague until we ran out of shade, then picked up the no. 2 bus again into the city. At Columbia outlet i picked out two pairs of non cotton hiking shorts and the wife a high upv long sleeved shirt for herself. Upon paying i realized my credit card was back at the restaurant, so the wife paid and back to the no. 2 for us. It seems we've all forgotten how to do things, as the lady in front of me at PP was also there to pick up a forgotten credit card. Giving up on downtown Portland, we walked east along Division looking for refreshments, liquid rather than pastries.

All that to say, at the food truck pod we selected I had a PINT, not one of those ******g chalices or whatever they hell call those 12 ounce artsy shaped glasses. What is the damn point of high ABV if the glasses are tiny? Stupid regulators.

From there we took the no 14 bus then the no 9 bus to a Vietnamese sandwich place, where I chose a French ham and cheese on baguette and the wife a salad. I suppose French sandwiches at a Vietnamese restaurant are the result of French colonialism. The baguette was underwhelming.

The no 2 bus took us most of the way home; we walked the last mile, ducking from shade to shade. ATM I'm having a PINT on my shaded balcony. The AC is broken, but the fridge is cold.

Public transit ftw.

​​​​​​Edit: pics.

Last edited by downtube42; 07-04-21 at 05:57 PM.
Likes For downtube42:
Old 07-04-21, 07:34 PM
skijor
on by

Bikes: Waterford RS-33, Salsa Vaya, Bacchetta Giro 20 ATT

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 862 Post(s)
Liked 521 Times in 326 Posts
How bout 330mL?
Likes For skijor:
Old 07-04-21, 07:47 PM
LesterOfPuppets
cowboy, steel horse, etc

Bikes: everywhere

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7786 Post(s)
Liked 2,857 Times in 1,550 Posts
Originally Posted by skijor View Post
How bout 330mL?
They rounded up to 11.2oz on the bottles in my fridge right now.

In the summer I often wish for smaller beers. It would be so nice to have 8oz cold ones to take on bike rides. My legs sometimes start locking up if I sit down for a pint.

Last edited by LesterOfPuppets; 07-04-21 at 07:51 PM.
Likes For LesterOfPuppets:
Old 07-04-21, 08:09 PM
Hondo Gravel
es ist mir egal

Originally Posted by downtube42 View Post
Very stereotypical PNW Sunday today, starting taking the no. 2 bus to Petite Provence for a scramble and coffee, finished with a croissant with raspberry sauce. From there we walked division checking out what survived the plague until we ran out of shade, then picked up the no. 2 bus again into the city. At Columbia outlet i picked out two pairs of non cotton hiking shorts and the wife a high upv long sleeved shirt for herself. Upon paying i realized my credit card was back at the restaurant, so the wife paid and back to the no. 2 for us. It seems we've all forgotten how to do things, as the lady in front of me at PP was also there to pick up a forgotten credit card. Giving up on downtown Portland, we walked east along Division looking for refreshments, liquid rather than pastries.

All that to say, at the food truck pod we selected I had a PINT, not one of those ******g chalices or whatever they hell call those 12 ounce artsy shaped glasses. What is the damn point of high ABV if the glasses are tiny? Stupid regulators.

From there we took the no 14 bus then the no 9 bus to a Vietnamese sandwich place, where I chose a French ham and cheese on baguette and the wife a salad. I suppose French sandwiches at a Vietnamese restaurant are the result of French colonialism. The baguette was underwhelming.

The no 2 bus took us most of the way home; we walked the last mile, ducking from shade to shade. ATM I'm having a PINT on my shaded balcony. The AC is broken, but the fridge is cold.

Public transit ftw.

​​​​​​Edit: pics.

Mt Rainer in the background is great.
Old 07-04-21, 08:27 PM
I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 595 Times in 385 Posts
I choose my beer for taste, rather than alcohol content or wackiness of name or ingredients. Shape or size of container is irrelevant as I can pour and drink as much or as little as I want, it isn't that hard to figure out how to pour enough into a glass.
Likes For I-Like-To-Bike:
Old 07-04-21, 08:56 PM
tyrion

Bikes: Breezer Radar

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1880 Post(s)
Liked 1,274 Times in 605 Posts
There's no taste under 5%. That's just basic science.
Likes For tyrion:
Old 07-04-21, 09:51 PM
Hondo Gravel
es ist mir egal

There's no taste under 5%. That's just basic science.
Ice chest aka cooler science? I’m experienced with cheap light beer living in hot humid climate but I think I might have got the cooler down lol. Many coolers thru the years but Yeti is the best and I’m not talking NASA coolers here the cooler overpriced and at an outdoors vendor. Keeps the beer cold the steaks in the basket ready to go etc etc .. yup the Colorado Gatorade is light but the ice chest rules..

Old 07-04-21, 10:04 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 191 Post(s)
Quoted: 4268 Post(s)
Liked 2,236 Times in 1,442 Posts
Ease up there, Merry, we have two more movies and few sequels to go.

But enjoy that chalice. It's the least bad option.
Likes For canklecat:
Old 07-04-21, 11:56 PM
downtube42

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Volae Team, Priority Eight (for sale), Nimbus MUni, Trek Roscoe 6, Focus Mares.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Liked 978 Times in 495 Posts
Mt Rainer in the background is great.
That's Mt Hood. Ranier is more roundy on top, while Hood looks like what a little kid would draw for a mountain. St Helens looks like a mountain that the top third blew off.

The sweet view of Hood is from my balcony.
Likes For downtube42:
Old 07-05-21, 07:30 AM
dedhed
SE Wis

Bikes: '68 Raleigh Sprite, '02 Raleigh C500, '84 Raleigh Gran Prix, '91 Trek 400, 2013 Novara Randonee, 1990 Trek 970

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1708 Post(s)
Liked 1,358 Times in 879 Posts
Ice chest aka cooler science? I’m experienced with cheap light beer living in hot humid climate but I think I might have got the cooler down lol. Many coolers thru the years but Yeti is the best and I’m not talking NASA coolers here the cooler overpriced and at an outdoors vendor. Keeps the beer cold the steaks in the basket ready to go etc etc .. yup the Colorado Gatorade is light but the ice chest rules..
For what you pay for a YETI you can buy a RTIC and an ice maker
Old 07-05-21, 08:56 AM
J.Higgins 
Mentally Derailleured

Bikes: Bilenky Tourlite, Surly Ogre

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1282 Post(s)
Liked 575 Times in 401 Posts
I'm going to formulate a product called Beer Booster. It'll come in a small six-pack of bottles about the size of a 5-hour energy drink, and it'll be used to fortify your beer. It'll be basically 90% alcohol, with flavorings that will enable the user to turn his Dollar General cheapo beers into delicious, high-quality craft beers simply by pouring it into his partially-drank beer container. Now your Keystone Light will be just as tasty and fulfilling as Heady Topper! I'll be rich!
Old 07-05-21, 09:22 AM
Nessism

Bikes: Homebuilt steel

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 604 Post(s)
Liked 145 Times in 114 Posts
2x 12oz beers > 1x 16oz beer!

I'm addicted to IPA's these days and it's only through shear force of will that I'm able to choke down a lager anymore. STONE IPA (available in 24 packs at Costco) are my staple.
Likes For Nessism:
Old 07-05-21, 11:11 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13755 Post(s)
Liked 6,669 Times in 3,372 Posts
Heh. I actually let the air out of a good friend’s tires during a Christmas Eve home made pizza party I threw back in 1987. He was stinking drunk and was going to ride home. We told him he had two flats. Later, he was going to try to ride home with two flats so we took the wheels off and hid them. Another party goer eventually drove him and his bike the relatively short distance.

That good friend has been clean and sober now for close to 20 years. He’d likely be dead otherwise. While I first missed the good-times, partner in crime version, I’m now grateful he’s alive and doing great. In 2018 he drove nearly 5 hrs. to pick me up after I had to abandon a bike tour due to horrible weather. He then drove another 5 hrs. back to his place in the country and then another 2 hrs. back to the city the next day.
Likes For indyfabz:
Old 07-05-21, 11:23 AM
Axeman88

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
As part of my service to other forum members, I am accepting your unwanted, unused, full beer containers, and will dispose of them at my own expense.
Likes For Axeman88:
Old 07-05-21, 11:36 AM
I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 595 Times in 385 Posts
Originally Posted by J.Higgins View Post
I'm going to formulate a product called Beer Booster. It'll come in a small six-pack of bottles about the size of a 5-hour energy drink, and it'll be used to fortify your beer. It'll be basically 90% alcohol, with flavorings that will enable the user to turn his Dollar General cheapo beers into delicious, high-quality craft beers simply by pouring it into his partially-drank beer container. Now your Keystone Light will be just as tasty and fulfilling as Heady Topper! I'll be rich!
Another variation on your get rich scheme would be to offer six-packs of empty beer bottles for repackaging cheapo beer. The key marketing hook is to include labels that should make the swill appeal to so-called craft beer aficionados. Labels should feature wackadoodle names( i.e. "Vulture Vomit" or "Weasel Wee") and exotic ingredients (i.e. "Unicorn Urine" or "Roasted Angel Feathers") and 15% alcohol regardless of actual content. Sure to satisfy all the requirements for impressing most beer snob bros.
Old 07-05-21, 04:46 PM
Kat12

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked 103 Times in 73 Posts
Boycott beer! (Ew; never liked the stuff.)

Originally Posted by Darth Lefty View Post
I’ve been mostly drinking gin cocktails lately, so I’m fine with this. Anyone for a gimlet?
That I can maybe get behind.

Originally Posted by J.Higgins View Post
Mio for beer? Or, maybe it sounds like me keeping instant coffee at the office for when someone else makes it too weak and I can't deal...
Old 07-05-21, 08:20 PM
Rigsson

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 62 Times in 24 Posts
Son, it's in the water. That's why it's yellow.
Old 07-06-21, 12:25 AM
ooga-booga
lead on, macduff!

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Liked 1,507 Times in 830 Posts
Originally Posted by Nessism View Post
2x 12oz beers > 1x 16oz beer!

I'm addicted to IPA's these days and it's only through shear force of will that I'm able to choke down a lager anymore. STONE IPA (available in 24 packs at Costco) are my staple.
pity. it's lager weather. a decent little brewery in your backyard makes a decent compromise. brouwerij west out of san pedro (close to the uss iowa) makes
an ipl...india pale lager called daewon vs beer-vol 1. it doesn't suck. if i can (consistently) find it down here in san diego, surely it's available in the greater la area.
tasting room is sweet and the beers are top-notch. they are doing some interesting stuff there. three weavers over in inglewood rox as well... their seafarer kölsch
is a staple. pretty sure you've crushed their expatriate ipa at some point.

and yah, ipa's are usually my go-to as well.
Old 07-06-21, 08:40 AM
RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

Bikes: Surly CrossCheck, Krampus

Liked 1,403 Times in 1,037 Posts
https://www.gearpatrol.com/food/drin...session-beers/
Old 07-06-21, 08:41 AM
RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

Bikes: Surly CrossCheck, Krampus

Liked 1,403 Times in 1,037 Posts
Originally Posted by downtube42 View Post
That's Mt Hood. Ranier is more roundy on top, while Hood looks like what a little kid would draw for a mountain. St Helens looks like a mountain that the top third blew off.
I have a cool poster, like maybe 4 feet wide by 12-18in tall, of a view that includes Ranier, Hood, St Helens, and um, the other one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.