Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

NordicTrack s15i seat question

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Old 07-20-21, 11:46 AM
jheiseygrove

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello fellow riders -
My wife and I have a NordicTrack s15i and we both have differing seat needs. I wonder if anyone has found a way to easily switch it out? My tailbone is becoming unhappy with my wife's very cushy replacement for the original seat.

It there an easier way than having to unscrew and take the thing off the bracket?

Thanks!
Old 07-20-21, 11:54 AM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Maybe find a saddle that works for you naked, and then get one of those cushy covers for your wife? If that works, all you'd have to do is remove or replace the cover. [Also: Mods, please move to Indoor Cycling]
Old 07-20-21, 02:09 PM
Barry2 
LR÷P=HR

Bikes: 1981 Holdsworth Special, 1993 C-dale MT3000 & 1996 F700CAD3, 2018 Cervelo R3 & 2022 R5, JustGo Runt, Ridley Oval, Kickr Bike 8-)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 1,148 Times in 664 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums

My Wahoo Kickr Bike uses an bicycle industry standard, Seat Post.
When my buddy wants to ride it, I don't wish to upset my Saddle position.
So I mark my Seat Post height with masking tape, then pull my Seat Post out completely (my saddle still mounted) and replace the Seat Post with another and his preferred saddle.
Replacing mine when he's done.... 30 seconds.

The photo I saw of your bike did not appear to utilize a bicycle type Seat Post, but maybe the manufacturer can sell you a spare.

Barry

I did some research for you.
The part in question appears to be #13 in your manual. <you can click on that to open the manual (page 13 is what you want)

These guys appear to offer parts for your bike.
They even use the same part item #'s

That's as far as the good news goes

Item 13 - Part# 408527 - Saddle Post - $131.26 <<<<< and I've a funny feeling this is JUST the post and NOT the carriage/clamp on top.
Hells bells, mine was $30

Last edited by Barry2; 07-20-21 at 02:35 PM.
Likes For Barry2:
Old 07-21-21, 12:38 PM
jheiseygrove

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is a GREAT suggestion. Thank you caloso!

Originally Posted by caloso
Maybe find a saddle that works for you naked, and then get one of those cushy covers for your wife? If that works, all you'd have to do is remove or replace the cover. [Also: Mods, please move to Indoor Cycling]